MedPro Healthcare Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 17, 2019

3.2
Liz Tonkin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Coming to work is a new adventure, always an opportunity to learn something new" (in 5 reviews)

• "Employee engagement, great culture, open door policy, comfortabl environment, weekly raffles for employees, great fun committee" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no CONS, well accept for the weight you might gain do to the overwhelming amount of food lol" (in 9 reviews)

• "Too much food, we call it the MedPro 20" (in 5 reviews)

"Appreciate the Company"

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been avoiding posting for a while because each time I read a review I was absolutely floored by the ridiculous nature of the posts. The humans who spend the time to craft posts as an attack against the company, the CEO and CFO, I truly believed (and still do) that they could have found far more effective ways to express what they considered to be valid emotions. My understanding of Glassdoor, and I could be wrong, is to express a review about the company with a myriad of reasons. One of them being assisting someone who needs guidance in determining if it's a place to choose to work. For the past few months, the gist of the "reviews" have somehow morphed into the sounds of petulant adolescents. Instead of speaking to the human with whom they work directly, they target Glassdoor. One set complains about family, one set complain about friends and groups. Another set complain about what they don't understand, another set complain about what they can't have. If they get more responsibilities they are over worked, if they get less, they are being ignored. I don't think it is quite clear that a company makes an agreement to pay, after the employee works. Simple! At any point, if that is no longer a desire, then it is time to, as amicable as possible, part ways. All the extra things a company extend are just that; Extra. Trust me MedPro has a lot of extra, in a good way. Are we living in a bubble of perfection? No! Are people who have left requesting to return? Yes. There are greater, more pertinent, vastly impacting occurrences happening as we speak, far more paramount than the rants of people who just need negative attention. If you are bitter, that's ok, try to build a bridge and get over it. So, if anyone reads these Glassdoor reviews, please know that the fact that someone made a decision to slander the company and their employees does not constitute to reality. Humans tends to create their own narrative. I love humans, but time and place and appropriateness is pertinent. These discriminatory posts are just uncouth.

Cons

The company does its best to accommodate employees' requests.

Advice to Management

Thank you for acceptance of employees. There are many employees who are appreciative of the fact that you embrace our individual personalities.

Oct 12, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for the shout out. We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with others.

"MedpRO"

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay
    Relaxed
    Fun
    A lot of added benefits

Cons

Politics are very strong here

Feb 18, 2019 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review! Your review means a lot to us and allows us to know what we're doing right. In regards to your specific concerns, please feel free to contact your Manager or Lyle... More

3. "Nepotism at its best!"

Current Employee - Payroll in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Payroll in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can make decent money with little effort!

Cons

Medpro lost its caracter and turned into a cultureless company where negativity rules
    CEO is a viscous snake always ready to inject poison in new ideas

Advice to Management

Stop the belittling

"Awful ! !"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

F O O D !

Cons

Treated with disrespect!!!!!! Endless tears and drama!!!!!

Advice to Management

C level must learn how to be true leaders and stop being operational managers!
    Stop preaching modelnetic if youre not going to apply.
    Puppet breaths negativity and is a cancer tomedpro.
    Stop showing up to work wasted.

Feb 11, 2019 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. However, we’re sorry to hear that you are having a negative experience here at MedPro. In regards to your specific concerns, please feel free to contact your Manager or... More

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing.... it’s all a mask for them to treat you horrible.

Cons

Management has absolutely no respect for their employees. I have never worked for a company that outwardly spoke so horrible about people and had employees in tears on a weekly basis. It was by far the worst experience of my life. Every bad thing you read is true. It’s a nightmare. Working at MedPro is like being abused everyday by someone and you can’t leave because you need to support yourself. I feel sorry for those who are caught up in their awful web of abuse and lies.

Advice to Management

Stop treating people with such disrespect.

Feb 4, 2019 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you had a negative experience when you were employed here at MedPro. We wish you all the best in the future.

"Mixed Reviews"

Former Employee - Credentialing Specialist in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Credentialing Specialist in Sunrise, FL

I worked at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The positive reviews are mostly true.

Cons

All the negative reviews are true.

Advice to Management

Provide proper training, continuous training and professional development for all employees, not just a select few.

Dec 10, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for taking the time to provide your review. We know employee growth is vital to the success of the company. That is why we offer support in training and professional development equally to all... More

"Great company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There has been a lot of growth at MedPro over the last couple of years. Our core values embody inclusiveness, fairness , honesty, and positive reinforcement. The CEO, who is an RN, and is also a former CNO and COO at several local hospitals, and is well known in the healthcare staffing industry. She is an exceptional visionary, and her continued commitment to providing quality healthcare staffing professionals to our clients, is both impressive and extraordinary. At MedPro, we have so many resourceful people in our office. Our MedPro Experience department, as well as our International division are two of our main differentiators. These departments are very popular to both candidates as well as our client base. Employee engagement groups such our Fun Committee is another huge plus!

Cons

I would love to see more MedPro apparel. Like hats, cardigans, T-shirts, etc.. I love wearing my MedPro gear! No other cons.

Advice to Management

One of the best things at MedPro is that everyone has an opportunity to succeed. There are opportunities for advancement as well as individual or group sessions for professional development. Our management teams must continue to seek news ways to foster a great culture where employees feel valued and appreciated across all departments.

Oct 12, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you so much for your review! Keep up the good work :)

"They do not really process my green card"

Current Employee - Therapist
    Current Employee - Therapist

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are good in the beginning

Cons

They never show concern about their employees, I have been working for them and finished the contract with them they said they will continue to file me a green card. Unfortunately, one of the employers which is connected to Medpro will close on December and I am one of the employees. The last call I got from them was this facility to where I am currently working for will no longer wanted me to continue (although I got an extension from them). I believe medpro has something to do with this matter, Medpro's lawyer was trying to intimidate me, made fun of accent she even blamed me that it is my fault because I did not stay in a facility too long (IN FACT I DO). THE PROBLEM WITH THEM IS IF THEY NO LONGER NEED YOU THEY THROW AWAY LIKE TRASH, they do not care they do not really work on your green card.

Oct 24, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you had a negative experience when you were employed here at MedPro. In regards to your specific concerns, please feel free to contact your... More

"These People Are Insane."

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None, absoluty no pros. Did I say None? Yes I said none.

Cons

Let's start with the positive reviews you are reading are from family and or fiends, they are not real as majority of the people who work at Medpro are family and or friends of of the CEO. Plus they ask employees to write positve reviews.

The people who run this company (CEO, CFO), for lack of better words are horrible human beings and stuck in the ice age.

When I say they are horrible humans what I am saying is they are selfish and self obsorbed. The employee has no say, or a voice. Any feedback goes into def ears, and the so called "open door policy", well that is a joke. When I say they are stuck in the Ice Age, their business model is from 1979. Or maybe even 1959.

They set unrealist goals and expectations, yet have no training, mentoring or coaching in place to reach these goals. If you do no reach the goals, there is no discusion you are gone. Basically you are not set up to succeed.

As far as the reviews from the International nurses who claim they are making $26.00 an hour and the bill rates the company is charging, from my understanding that is correct. Some deals the bill rates exceed far much more than than $60.00

I feel terrible for the account manger team as the so called "puppet" has all the accounts and the rest of them are stuck with the crap accounts. As a past recruiter I can clearly see the "puppet" rules the roost. She competes against her team and rules the entire recruitement department including international. The "Puppet" also does not have the same goals as the rest of her team. She does not have to make the calls they do, and also gets to partake in their raffle. I feel horrible for eveyone who has to encounter this creature. She is just terribe, yet the CEO keeps here there.

Circling back to my past recruitment team, they could use an excessive moral boost, yet this company blows them down. They could use real mentoring yet there is none. The "trainer" for the company is yet another joke. Our goals are unrealistic. They overlook qualified people for promotions and continue to bring in more incompetent people. It is a mess.

Ultimetly, from my past experience no one is set up to succeed at Medpro. If you are looking for longevity this is not the place for you.

The puppet and Pawns Gossip openly on the floor about employess. These People are hurting the business and need to go.

Top Producers are disregarded as this company sets family and friends up for success. If you are a Money Maker move along, unless that is you are a family friend. Your hustling efforts will make no difference here.

Also, the snarky person who responds to these posts, just don't as you are a family friend as well and your comments are insincere.

Advice to Management

Have better training. Get rid of your Puppet. Support your top producers and get rid of the family who are incompetent.

Oct 15, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. As we continue to grow, we seek to provide our teams with a safe and competitive work environment for all. We position ourselves for success and encourage all our... More

"Horrible company to work for."

Current Employee - Travel RN in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Travel RN in Houston, TX

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time

Pros

Nothing I can think of!!!

Cons

Forcing travel nurse to take jobs they don’t want to, they don’t pay shift differential, housing , the pay is horrible, they try to intimidate you with legal action and immigration if you don’t do what they ask you to do.

Advice to Management

Be honest and pay your employees the correct wage. Treat your travel nurses and PTAs like you treat a human being not like a slave. Stop calling you travel nurses Explorers just to avoid the word “travel” so you don’t have to pay stipend!!!!

Oct 12, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you didn't feel you had the support needed. Under the MedPro Experience® program, healthcare professionals are known as “Explorers” while supporting... More