MedPro Healthcare Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Liz Tonkin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Coming to work is a new adventure, always an opportunity to learn something new" (in 5 reviews)

• "Employee engagement, great culture, open door policy, comfortabl environment, weekly raffles for employees, great fun committee" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no CONS, well accept for the weight you might gain do to the overwhelming amount of food lol" (in 9 reviews)

• "Too much food, we call it the MedPro 20" (in 5 reviews)

"Hard work pays off!"

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I know that’s a hard concept for some to grasp these days!!! MedPro is a growing company and has LOTS of opportunities for personal growth! This is a sales company. Metrics have to be met so be prepared to work and be accountable if you don’t. But hard work reaps compensation, recognition and fun! The company does do a lot raffles and games and outings to keep morale high. Management always has an open-door policy and interacts with their employees on a friendly, personal basis. BUT a friendly relationship with management is not an automatic exemption from performance of your job description. They truly are working towards growing the company which provides opportunity for both internal AND field employees. Those not willing to put forth any effort and are comfortable just showing up and maintaining a mediocre level of performance won’t last. MedPro is not looking for mediocre.

And the food………!!! So much of it 😊

Cons

MedPro has gone through some growing pains recently and with that comes change. And change is hard for some whether a veteran or a newbie. Discontent spreads like wildfire and overall morale takes a dip. The “fun” benefits dished out are often and in large quantities and are quickly taken advantage of by some. They become an expectation and entitlement rather than a true reward.

And the food………!!! So much of it 😊

Advice to Management

Keep your eye on the growth of the company. Those employees that are willing to work WITH you to make that happen know they will be recognized and compensated accordingly. These are also the employees who have great ideas that align with your same vision. Don’t discount those ideas….

Jun 27, 2018 – Marketing Manager

And the food....! Thanks for your honest review.

"Don’t waste your time"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are genuine people willing to help

Cons

Her constant disrespect and patronizing is destroying medpro. She thinks she can do everyones job but then cant even negotiate rates with her clients and blames recruiters for not being able to fill her positions. She only cares about her wallet, gossiping, backstabbing and thrives on getting people fired

Advice to Management

@harrenequity the CEOs puppet is the reason all managers/directors/vps are fired in 6months

Sep 11, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience at MedPro. There are many communication channels here at MedPro and we encourage you to utilize them... More

"Creative and successful? Medpro is NOT for you!"

Former Employee - Executive in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Executive in Sunrise, FL

I worked at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I can remember!

Cons

They hire executives, convince you to relocate from across the country with your family, promise opportunity, growth, autonomy, equity and then fire you in 8-10 months!
    CEO + CFO are outdated and belittle everyone from low-level employees to VPS! Heard first-hand the CEO make racist comments towards international staff and African-Americans!!!!!
    Employee turnover is ludicrous!

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging and focus on strategy! @harrenequity your CEO + CFO are incapable of creating a positive culture so the bleeding will continue!
    Stop hiring your incompetent family!

Sep 11, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear that your employment at MedPro didn’t match your expectations. We wish you all the best in the future.

"Overall this is a great company!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Sunrise, FL

I worked at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enticing compensation plan
    Fun environment to work in
    Tons of room for growth opportunities
    Awesome team of employees
    Knowledgeable Leadership Team

Cons

The company was going through some growing pains which meant there were some changes throughout the organization. Had to stay nimble.

Jun 25, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for the great review! Change is good! Keep up the great work and don't be afraid to share your thoughts and ideas with your team leaders.

"If It Is Not For You, Move On"

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time

Pros

I have read many "reviews" of the company that seem way too personal, malicious and ridiculous to be beneficial. I have one question, if this company has caused so much bitterness why stay? If someone is so bothered by all the things listed (not important enough to repeat), then they should walk away. It's quite simple. The basic requirement of an employee~employer relationship is the employee works, and employer compensates. Everything else that the company offers, is a plus. If you find that your work environment does not offer what YOU want, then instead of spending the time attacking the company, spend some time investing in yourself. If you have already left, and are still posting attacks on the company, what exactly is to be gained from that? What exactly are you missing? Move On.

Cons

I have none. The company has gone above and beyond to offer many benefits to all employees.

Advice to Management

There are many employees who are willing and able to work hard, work smart, achieve goals and uplift the company for its true value.

Jun 26, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for the honest feedback!

"Unfair statements"

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Room for growth
    Seat at the table
    Great colleagues
    I have recently read some of the reviews posted and I’m sad to see my past colleagues have such a bad opinion about the company I work for and the people that I respect. I have been an employee here for over 3 years and I have never felt abused or mistreated. I am fairly compensated and I’m given a seat at the table to discuss any issues. I have never been yelled at or belittled by leadership. I’m not part of the friends and family cliche so spoken about on this site. I’m an average employee that values my work and my relationships at work. We have recently had some turnover which is normal, things change. Most employees are being offered an amazing management course that will not only benefit them today it will be with them forever. Needless to say these reviews are false.

Cons

No music aloud on the sales floor

Advice to Management

Bring back the town halls and monthly meetings.

Jun 27, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. Keep up the good work!

"Great Company"

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, and employees are valued.

Cons

Too much food. Work can be considered hard if you don't apply yourself.

Advice to Management

Reading some of this negative reviews has me wondering "Do I work at the same place?" My experience at MedPro has been more than wonderful. It's very disturbing reading so many untruths about a company you work for. I have worked at MedPro almost 5 years, and have experienced nothing but positive motivation and guidance from upper leadership(Liz & Frank). Our department struggled for awhile with finding the perfect manager for the position,because Liz was very concerned with putting the right person in the position(to prevent turnover). I work everyday 8:30-5:30 and have never experienced any negative treatment from anyway that works/worked at MedPro. I have never worked at a company that takes so much pride in making sure their staff is able to perform required duties in a professional and stress free environment. I have seen them give back to the community and employees in need. What company you know that will loan employees money, to assist with personal or medical needs? Not many!

I have made a few mistakes in my department, and had to speak with upper leadership to explain my error and never have they made me feel under valued or disrespected. MedPro has always offered training development classes, and over the last couple of years hired a Training Coordinator to assist with on-boarding new hires. The company has more than doubled their size in the past few years under Liz & Frank's leadership, and I think that speaks for itself. I plan on retiring from MedPro. I also would like to acknowledge I was NOT ASKED TO WRITE THIS REVIEW, but given the untruths I have read within the past weeks I felt obligated to the the truth.

Jun 26, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for the shout out, we appreciate it!

"Employee"

Current Employee - Employee
    Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Let me start by saying I was not asked to write this review, nor am I related to the CEO. I did not get my job here through anyone related to the CEO. After reading these reviews I felt I had to say something. I have been at MedPro for a long time and have seen many changes. Some have impacted me, and others have not. MedPro is not a perfect company for sure, but we are all working very hard to grow. Yes changes have been made that have effected people negatively. It is not to hurt anyone, but instead to try and better our business. When you have a team way off goal you have to make changes to try and get them back to goal. I can honestly say I have never heard the CEO or management "scream" at any employee, but yes they will hold you accountable if you do not hit your metrics. I have never worked at a company where they don't hold you accountable. I have worked for other companies in this industry, and by far MedPro pays the best, and offers the most extras I have ever seen. If you work hard you can make great money.

Cons

People may be upset about changes but I challenge you to bring your concerns to your manager. You would be surprised at how willing they are to listen to you.

Advice to Management

My advice is to the employees that are unhappy. If you are truly unhappy why stay here? The last thing MedPro wants is someone who hates being here.

Jun 27, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for your review! We hope you will continue to share your feedback with us to help make sure we are continuing to enhance our culture in a way that is beneficial to our people.

9. "Honestly I am in shock by these reviews!"

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

To the outside person reading these reviews, I am sorry!

I have been working for MedPro for over 4 years and, honestly, cannot believe the comments left by current & former employees. After reading these negative comments, I am asking myself if they were written by someone working at a different company. Is MedPro the best, most perfect company of all-time? No, but what company is? MedPro has its challenges like any other company, but maybe the biggest challenge is that by offering free boot camps, free lunches, a company cruise, casual dress code, non-capped commission plans, social events (bowling, laser tag, beach day, spirit weeks, etc.) MedPro has created spoiled & entitled children. Because there is such a fun culture at MedPro, it seems some of these people have forgotten that it is still a business that is going to require employees to meet/exceed goals, hold people accountable for their actions, and take disciplinary action when necessary.

Regarding the derogatory comments posted about the CEO, is Liz tough, demanding, and persistent? Yes, but what successful CEO isn't all of these things? These characteristics are necessary to run any organization, and, personally, I think if she were a man, Liz would be praised for these traits not criticized. In addition, she is also the most generous person I have ever worked with. I know co-workers who she has given personal loans to (not from MedPro, but from her own bank account) to help them out of a difficult situation. Bottom line is while Liz is a CEO who requires a lot from her staff, she also cares more about them than anyone!

Cons

MedPro is a fast-growing company, and with that comes some "growing pains". There are going to be necessary changes that have to be made when a company goes from a 50-person "mom & pop" company to a 175-person corporation. The same sales techniques are not going to work, job roles/descriptions are going to have to be modified, and the overall vision for the company is going to have to expand. For those who do not like these needed changes, it might be time to find another job. However, for those who understand the changing climate, I have never been part of a company so determined to promote & develop within. If you work hard, meet your goals, and really want the ability to grow professionally, there is no better place than MedPro. Anyone who is saying (or writing) differently obviously doesn't possess these traits!

Advice to Management

Please continue to hold people accountable and continue to listen to your staff & their ideas. Sometimes fresh eyes see things you cannot.

Jun 27, 2018 – Marketing Manager

We love that you enjoy working at MedPro! Thank you for your suggestions and keep up the good work!

"Haunted House"

Pros

As you can see from the responses that are given from the company representative, the only positives are the small perks. The responses do not share their respect or compassion for employees or their interest in thier professional growth.

Cons

Aloof, Armchair critics, Cynical, Impulsive, Obnoxious, Patronizing, Tactless, Thoughtless. All words that describe the atmosphere that is created by upper management. The employees that last are the ones that are part of the clique. We as individuals need a profession to support our lifestyles and families. Before you think about joining this company, think about it more than twice. Human Resources for this company has the highest turnover after sales. That itself tells you this is an unethical and unprofessional environment.

Jul 30, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you had a negative experience when you were employed here at MedPro. We pride ourselves not by the numerous perks that we offer to our... More