MedPro Healthcare Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Liz Tonkin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Coming to work is a new adventure, always an opportunity to learn something new" (in 5 reviews)

• "Employee engagement, great culture, open door policy, comfortabl environment, weekly raffles for employees, great fun committee" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no CONS, well accept for the weight you might gain do to the overwhelming amount of food lol" (in 9 reviews)

• "Too much food, we call it the MedPro 20" (in 5 reviews)

"Appreciate the Company"

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been avoiding posting for a while because each time I read a review I was absolutely floored by the ridiculous nature of the posts. The humans who spend the time to craft posts as an attack against the company, the CEO and CFO, I truly believed (and still do) that they could have found far more effective ways to express what they considered to be valid emotions. My understanding of Glassdoor, and I could be wrong, is to express a review about the company with a myriad of reasons. One of them being assisting someone who needs guidance in determining if it's a place to choose to work. For the past few months, the gist of the "reviews" have somehow morphed into the sounds of petulant adolescents. Instead of speaking to the human with whom they work directly, they target Glassdoor. One set complains about family, one set complain about friends and groups. Another set complain about what they don't understand, another set complain about what they can't have. If they get more responsibilities they are over worked, if they get less, they are being ignored. I don't think it is quite clear that a company makes an agreement to pay, after the employee works. Simple! At any point, if that is no longer a desire, then it is time to, as amicable as possible, part ways. All the extra things a company extend are just that; Extra. Trust me MedPro has a lot of extra, in a good way. Are we living in a bubble of perfection? No! Are people who have left requesting to return? Yes. There are greater, more pertinent, vastly impacting occurrences happening as we speak, far more paramount than the rants of people who just need negative attention. If you are bitter, that's ok, try to build a bridge and get over it. So, if anyone reads these Glassdoor reviews, please know that the fact that someone made a decision to slander the company and their employees does not constitute to reality. Humans tends to create their own narrative. I love humans, but time and place and appropriateness is pertinent. These discriminatory posts are just uncouth.

Cons

The company does its best to accommodate employees' requests.

Advice to Management

Thank you for acceptance of employees. There are many employees who are appreciative of the fact that you embrace our individual personalities.

Oct 12, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for the shout out. We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with others.

"Great company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There has been a lot of growth at MedPro over the last couple of years. Our core values embody inclusiveness, fairness , honesty, and positive reinforcement. The CEO, who is an RN, and is also a former CNO and COO at several local hospitals, and is well known in the healthcare staffing industry. She is an exceptional visionary, and her continued commitment to providing quality healthcare staffing professionals to our clients, is both impressive and extraordinary. At MedPro, we have so many resourceful people in our office. Our MedPro Experience department, as well as our International division are two of our main differentiators. These departments are very popular to both candidates as well as our client base. Employee engagement groups such our Fun Committee is another huge plus!

Cons

I would love to see more MedPro apparel. Like hats, cardigans, T-shirts, etc.. I love wearing my MedPro gear! No other cons.

Advice to Management

One of the best things at MedPro is that everyone has an opportunity to succeed. There are opportunities for advancement as well as individual or group sessions for professional development. Our management teams must continue to seek news ways to foster a great culture where employees feel valued and appreciated across all departments.

Oct 12, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you so much for your review! Keep up the good work :)

"They do not really process my green card"

Current Employee - Therapist
    Current Employee - Therapist

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are good in the beginning

Cons

They never show concern about their employees, I have been working for them and finished the contract with them they said they will continue to file me a green card. Unfortunately, one of the employers which is connected to Medpro will close on December and I am one of the employees. The last call I got from them was this facility to where I am currently working for will no longer wanted me to continue (although I got an extension from them). I believe medpro has something to do with this matter, Medpro's lawyer was trying to intimidate me, made fun of accent she even blamed me that it is my fault because I did not stay in a facility too long (IN FACT I DO). THE PROBLEM WITH THEM IS IF THEY NO LONGER NEED YOU THEY THROW AWAY LIKE TRASH, they do not care they do not really work on your green card.

Oct 24, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you had a negative experience when you were employed here at MedPro. In regards to your specific concerns, please feel free to contact your... More

"These People Are Insane."

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None, absoluty no pros. Did I say None? Yes I said none.

Cons

Let's start with the positive reviews you are reading are from family and or fiends, they are not real as majority of the people who work at Medpro are family and or friends of of the CEO. Plus they ask employees to write positve reviews.

The people who run this company (CEO, CFO), for lack of better words are horrible human beings and stuck in the ice age.

When I say they are horrible humans what I am saying is they are selfish and self obsorbed. The employee has no say, or a voice. Any feedback goes into def ears, and the so called "open door policy", well that is a joke. When I say they are stuck in the Ice Age, their business model is from 1979. Or maybe even 1959.

They set unrealist goals and expectations, yet have no training, mentoring or coaching in place to reach these goals. If you do no reach the goals, there is no discusion you are gone. Basically you are not set up to succeed.

As far as the reviews from the International nurses who claim they are making $26.00 an hour and the bill rates the company is charging, from my understanding that is correct. Some deals the bill rates exceed far much more than than $60.00

I feel terrible for the account manger team as the so called "puppet" has all the accounts and the rest of them are stuck with the crap accounts. As a past recruiter I can clearly see the "puppet" rules the roost. She competes against her team and rules the entire recruitement department including international. The "Puppet" also does not have the same goals as the rest of her team. She does not have to make the calls they do, and also gets to partake in their raffle. I feel horrible for eveyone who has to encounter this creature. She is just terribe, yet the CEO keeps here there.

Circling back to my past recruitment team, they could use an excessive moral boost, yet this company blows them down. They could use real mentoring yet there is none. The "trainer" for the company is yet another joke. Our goals are unrealistic. They overlook qualified people for promotions and continue to bring in more incompetent people. It is a mess.

Ultimetly, from my past experience no one is set up to succeed at Medpro. If you are looking for longevity this is not the place for you.

The puppet and Pawns Gossip openly on the floor about employess. These People are hurting the business and need to go.

Top Producers are disregarded as this company sets family and friends up for success. If you are a Money Maker move along, unless that is you are a family friend. Your hustling efforts will make no difference here.

Also, the snarky person who responds to these posts, just don't as you are a family friend as well and your comments are insincere.

Advice to Management

Have better training. Get rid of your Puppet. Support your top producers and get rid of the family who are incompetent.

Oct 15, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. As we continue to grow, we seek to provide our teams with a safe and competitive work environment for all. We position ourselves for success and encourage all our... More

"Horrible company to work for."

Current Employee - Travel RN in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Travel RN in Houston, TX

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time

Pros

Nothing I can think of!!!

Cons

Forcing travel nurse to take jobs they don’t want to, they don’t pay shift differential, housing , the pay is horrible, they try to intimidate you with legal action and immigration if you don’t do what they ask you to do.

Advice to Management

Be honest and pay your employees the correct wage. Treat your travel nurses and PTAs like you treat a human being not like a slave. Stop calling you travel nurses Explorers just to avoid the word “travel” so you don’t have to pay stipend!!!!

Oct 12, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you didn't feel you had the support needed. Under the MedPro Experience® program, healthcare professionals are known as “Explorers” while supporting... More

"Overall this is a great company!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Sunrise, FL

I worked at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enticing compensation plan
    Fun environment to work in
    Tons of room for growth opportunities
    Awesome team of employees
    Knowledgeable Leadership Team

Cons

The company was going through some growing pains which meant there were some changes throughout the organization. Had to stay nimble.

Jun 25, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for the great review! Change is good! Keep up the great work and don't be afraid to share your thoughts and ideas with your team leaders.

"Hard work pays off!"

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I know that’s a hard concept for some to grasp these days!!! MedPro is a growing company and has LOTS of opportunities for personal growth! This is a sales company. Metrics have to be met so be prepared to work and be accountable if you don’t. But hard work reaps compensation, recognition and fun! The company does do a lot raffles and games and outings to keep morale high. Management always has an open-door policy and interacts with their employees on a friendly, personal basis. BUT a friendly relationship with management is not an automatic exemption from performance of your job description. They truly are working towards growing the company which provides opportunity for both internal AND field employees. Those not willing to put forth any effort and are comfortable just showing up and maintaining a mediocre level of performance won’t last. MedPro is not looking for mediocre.

And the food………!!! So much of it 😊

Cons

MedPro has gone through some growing pains recently and with that comes change. And change is hard for some whether a veteran or a newbie. Discontent spreads like wildfire and overall morale takes a dip. The “fun” benefits dished out are often and in large quantities and are quickly taken advantage of by some. They become an expectation and entitlement rather than a true reward.

And the food………!!! So much of it 😊

Advice to Management

Keep your eye on the growth of the company. Those employees that are willing to work WITH you to make that happen know they will be recognized and compensated accordingly. These are also the employees who have great ideas that align with your same vision. Don’t discount those ideas….

Jun 27, 2018 – Marketing Manager

And the food....! Thanks for your honest review.

"Unfair statements"

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Room for growth
    Seat at the table
    Great colleagues
    I have recently read some of the reviews posted and I’m sad to see my past colleagues have such a bad opinion about the company I work for and the people that I respect. I have been an employee here for over 3 years and I have never felt abused or mistreated. I am fairly compensated and I’m given a seat at the table to discuss any issues. I have never been yelled at or belittled by leadership. I’m not part of the friends and family cliche so spoken about on this site. I’m an average employee that values my work and my relationships at work. We have recently had some turnover which is normal, things change. Most employees are being offered an amazing management course that will not only benefit them today it will be with them forever. Needless to say these reviews are false.

Cons

No music aloud on the sales floor

Advice to Management

Bring back the town halls and monthly meetings.

Jun 27, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. Keep up the good work!

"Great Company"

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, and employees are valued.

Cons

Too much food. Work can be considered hard if you don't apply yourself.

Advice to Management

Reading some of this negative reviews has me wondering "Do I work at the same place?" My experience at MedPro has been more than wonderful. It's very disturbing reading so many untruths about a company you work for. I have worked at MedPro almost 5 years, and have experienced nothing but positive motivation and guidance from upper leadership(Liz & Frank). Our department struggled for awhile with finding the perfect manager for the position,because Liz was very concerned with putting the right person in the position(to prevent turnover). I work everyday 8:30-5:30 and have never experienced any negative treatment from anyway that works/worked at MedPro. I have never worked at a company that takes so much pride in making sure their staff is able to perform required duties in a professional and stress free environment. I have seen them give back to the community and employees in need. What company you know that will loan employees money, to assist with personal or medical needs? Not many!

I have made a few mistakes in my department, and had to speak with upper leadership to explain my error and never have they made me feel under valued or disrespected. MedPro has always offered training development classes, and over the last couple of years hired a Training Coordinator to assist with on-boarding new hires. The company has more than doubled their size in the past few years under Liz & Frank's leadership, and I think that speaks for itself. I plan on retiring from MedPro. I also would like to acknowledge I was NOT ASKED TO WRITE THIS REVIEW, but given the untruths I have read within the past weeks I felt obligated to the the truth.

Jun 26, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for the shout out, we appreciate it!

"Honestly I am in shock by these reviews!"

I have been working at MedPro Healthcare Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

To the outside person reading these reviews, I am sorry!

I have been working for MedPro for over 4 years and, honestly, cannot believe the comments left by current & former employees. After reading these negative comments, I am asking myself if they were written by someone working at a different company. Is MedPro the best, most perfect company of all-time? No, but what company is? MedPro has its challenges like any other company, but maybe the biggest challenge is that by offering free boot camps, free lunches, a company cruise, casual dress code, non-capped commission plans, social events (bowling, laser tag, beach day, spirit weeks, etc.) MedPro has created spoiled & entitled children. Because there is such a fun culture at MedPro, it seems some of these people have forgotten that it is still a business that is going to require employees to meet/exceed goals, hold people accountable for their actions, and take disciplinary action when necessary.

Regarding the derogatory comments posted about the CEO, is Liz tough, demanding, and persistent? Yes, but what successful CEO isn't all of these things? These characteristics are necessary to run any organization, and, personally, I think if she were a man, Liz would be praised for these traits not criticized. In addition, she is also the most generous person I have ever worked with. I know co-workers who she has given personal loans to (not from MedPro, but from her own bank account) to help them out of a difficult situation. Bottom line is while Liz is a CEO who requires a lot from her staff, she also cares more about them than anyone!

Cons

MedPro is a fast-growing company, and with that comes some "growing pains". There are going to be necessary changes that have to be made when a company goes from a 50-person "mom & pop" company to a 175-person corporation. The same sales techniques are not going to work, job roles/descriptions are going to have to be modified, and the overall vision for the company is going to have to expand. For those who do not like these needed changes, it might be time to find another job. However, for those who understand the changing climate, I have never been part of a company so determined to promote & develop within. If you work hard, meet your goals, and really want the ability to grow professionally, there is no better place than MedPro. Anyone who is saying (or writing) differently obviously doesn't possess these traits!

Advice to Management

Please continue to hold people accountable and continue to listen to your staff & their ideas. Sometimes fresh eyes see things you cannot.

Jun 27, 2018 – Marketing Manager

We love that you enjoy working at MedPro! Thank you for your suggestions and keep up the good work!