MedPro Reviews | Glassdoor

MedPro Reviews

Updated Sep 16, 2019

3.2
MedPro CEO Melissa Zachariasz (no image)
Melissa Zachariasz
  1. "AR Manager"

I have been working at MedPro full-time

Pros

The team work is incredible. Operation is very understanding and works with you when things get tough! Managers work as a team to always help each other out!

Cons

Same as all jobs. I have the same problems at MEDPRO that I would have with any company, the only things is Medpro is always to improve on a daily to provide the best environment for their staff.

Advice to Management

To continue stand behind your employees!

MedPro2017-03-30

"Gone from Bad to Worse!"

I worked at MedPro full-time

Pros

Paid every two weeks. Get to clock out :-)

Cons

This company is sinking faster than the Titanic. There own clients are leaving or canceling their contracts because they have realized the incompetence at MedPro. As for what I experienced as an employee, it was a complete disaster there. Very unorganized and truly a toxic work environment. When the executive team have to ask the staff to please post a good review on Glassdoor (which is what makes the last several... reviews so comical) you know it's terrible. I've seen and witnessed some of the most UNETHICAL business decisions and employees in my career of work while at MedPro. This place will definitely slow your professional growth. I saw a review stating that managers/people leave because they can't keep up...that's laughable. That kind of statement is a prime example of some of the ignorance in that environment. They are very good at pointing the finger instead of trying to change the culture to attract and maintain great employees. MedPro has failed miserably at this. This is the type of experience that reminded me it is absolutely worth it to have invested in my education and achieved an advance degree. I would hate to feel stuck or be stuck at a place like MedPro, because they definitely do not empower or value employees, hence why the turnover is so HIGH!

Advice to Management

Take heed to some of these reviews because it's not just the employees that are to blame for your constant turnover. Lead by example and change the culture. The type of disrespectful behavior (undermining management, favoritism, undervaluing employees) is not tolerated at successful companies.

MedPro2017-04-25

"Not what I expected!"

I worked at MedPro full-time for more than a year

Pros

holiday bonus, monthly lunch and employee recognition

Cons

I started in 2015 and thought it was such a professional place to work but after a couple months I saw why this place has such a high turn over. There was just way too much gossip on the floor and executive management included themselves in it. There is alot of favortisim. I would hate to talk bad about a place that has given me a paycheck but this just isn't professional at all. They don't recognize when they have... star employees who actually care.And when those star employees leave because they aren't valued, executive management starts to ask around to where those indivduals have gone.That makes no sense! I worked very hard while I was employed there and trained others, only to find out I was getting underpaid for the amount of work i did and only for executive management to walk past me and not say a word to me. I dont get it !

Advice to Management

Be kind and fair to everyone, not just the people you know.The employees make the company and they come first ! Don't let clients run the company.

MedPro2017-04-19

"Medical Biller"

Former Employee - Medical Biller in Margate, FL

I worked at MedPro full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company does offer bonuses throughout the year. The starting paying getting hired going in is okay. There are chances for you to advance if you are in the in circle.

Cons

You have to be a part of the friend group so that they can like you enough to give you a raise and a chance to move up.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone fairly do not or look people due to favoritism.

MedPro2017-03-30

"Run away from this company!"

Former Employee - Collections Specialist in Tamarac, FL

I worked at MedPro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay, schedule, opportunity to make up lost time.

Cons

MedPro does npt promote growth and provide an environment to learn. If you came in with certain experience, they expect you to know all of their ways of doing things by your 2nd week of employment. Although you perform the job exactly the way you are trained, you are terminated within you first 2 weeks if not at level of someone working there for months to years. Your Lead will tell you how great you are doing, and... even put it in writing, but you will be terminated for low productivity the following week with no kind of action plan, verbal warning, written warning or additional training to help you meet certain marks. I completely understand why the company has a high turnaround now. There is low morale and no sense of commitment from the higher ups or HR. Any company that approves you to make up time and then throws it in your face that you are making up time when it was APPROVED by the manager obviously lacks direction. If a company will not invest in proper training for their employees then there is no hope for them to succeed. This company cares nothing about their employees. Many of the employees that have been there said it to me, but I wanted to stay positive, but I see that they were right.

Advice to Management

First of all, tell the truth about why you are terminating an employee and do not lie and blame it on stats. Secondly, invest in your employee. If they aren't meeting a quota, sit the employee down and give them pointers as to how they can get better. Third, do not assume that all employees learn at the same rate. Fourth, why bother hiring someone if you are just going to terminate them during week two and with only... one weeks worth of productivity? You would think you would gather at least 4 weeks worth of productivity to judge an employees' asset to the company. Promote Leads that are on the same accord with you. If an employees Lead is giving them nothing but praise when in return they should be sitting down with them giving them positive examples of how to improve their stats, and that said employee is termed for stats then there is a fracture in your leadership team.

MedPro2017-03-27

"AWESOME PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Tamarac, FL

I have been working at MedPro full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working for this company for almost 2yrs now and I have to say it is the best place I worked for in years. I never worked for a company that we are treated like family not just employees.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about my job or this company

Advice to Management

To all my manager family, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK....CORE VALUES IS WHAT MAKES US GREAT...

7. "MedPro is growing"

I have been working at MedPro full-time

Pros

HR Posts opportunities for new jobs and they promote within. End of Month recognition awards. Generous employer healthcare contribution and good plan selections. Good people are kept, bad apples are given performance improvement plans and/or removed. Have added and are adding more great technology to assist analytics and automation. Company picnic this weekend!

Cons

Transformation is not without consequence. As we modernize, restructure, and set goals, there is a cultural adjustment. It is positive, but takes a lot of TLC. Mid-level management has had some turnover in this process, but is getting better. Turnover overall has subsided significantly, although 2015 was a rough patch.

Advice to Management

Be clear, provide better role definition and job training.

MedPro2016-09-14
  8. "GREAT PLACE TO WORK!"

Director in Tamarac, FL

I have been working at MedPro for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with MedPro for many years and this is a great place to work. I have learned so much from this place and I find myself dedicated to advocating for the Mental Health & Substance abuse industry. This company is not just a billing company they are an extended family and they go above and beyond their call of duty to fight for what's right. That is a company anyone would be PROUD to work for! This company... always works to find new innovative ways to make sure we have systems set up to ensure we are producing positive results. They are extremely driven and they set a great example to all of their employees.

Cons

Some of the changes that are being implemented do take time and sometimes that can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Keep up the GREAT work, you are amazing!

9. "collection specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tamarac, FL

I have been working at MedPro full-time for more than a year

Pros

its a good company to work for

Cons

there are things that can be worked on nothing really major

MedPro2016-09-14
  10. "Overall nice place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at MedPro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The staff at Medpro is friendly. The managers will assist you even if you do not work directly on their team. The executive management have been more open to their staffs opinions and concerns. They give monthly incentives for employees that are excelling in their work. The work environment has improved tremendously.

Cons

2015 was a rough year, with staff coming and going, as well as transitions. Quarterly bonuses have subsided, but hopefully they will start this up again.

Advice to Management

Take their non-management staff into consideration more. When changes are being made in the company, be more proactive by letting the staff know of the change before it happens.

Found 38 reviews