MedQuist Master Medical Editor Reviews | Glassdoor

1.3
Peter L. Masanotti

"A Bad Choice"

I have been working at MedQuist full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working from home is truly wonderful.

Cons

There are too many cons to add here. Their biggest problem is they keep sucking in companies and then dumping their employees, sending the work off to India. Since Spheris merged, I have watched both of my primary accounts moved to India. As an MME, a proofer, I get to see the very low quality work that comes of that.

Advice to Management

I'm quitting, and they don't listen to anything their employees say anyway.

MedQuist2012-05-28

"Lots of work for very little pay."

I have been working at MedQuist

Pros

The biggest advantage this job offers is working from home. This company also provides a decent PC with fairly reliable support/help desk.

Cons

No raises - ever. If you want to make more money, just work harder and faster. Quality is compromised (dismal) due to offshore employees butchering reports. Benefits are pitiful. Scheduling is not flexible. Once you get proficient on a particular account, i.e., making money, you get switched to an unfamiliar and/or very difficult account so that you can't make money. No consistency. Rare positive feedback.

Advice to Management

Try treating your transcriptionists with a little dignity and respect. Focus is too client-centered. MedQuist has lost sight of the face that transcriptionists make the company tick. Give bonuses and/or raises for a job well done.

MedQuist2011-06-11

"Medquist"

I have been working at MedQuist

Pros

It's a big company. When you move, your job moves with your.

Cons

I feel like just another number. They don't seem to care about their employees. They have lowered our pay MANY TIMES.

Advice to Management

Instead of giving yourself huge bonuses at the end of the year, how about giving more raises. Stop sending work to India and keep it in the United States.

MedQuist2010-08-17