MedRisk Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
MedRisk Founder and Chief Executive Officer Shelley Boyce
Shelley Boyce

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You can work from home on Friday if you're caught up with your report (in 7 reviews)

• People are nice and the hours aren't bad (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay compared to national average (in 7 reviews)

• The inclement weather policy blatantly says they don't care about patient advocates or the inbound call center (in 6 reviews)

1. "Good Company"

I worked at MedRisk full-time

Pros

CEO is Awesome, Fast rapid growth. Great culture and atmosphere

Cons

Cut Throat, founders syndrome, growing too fast creates more expendable employees

Advice to Management

Don't punish employees because of bad business decisions. Have more transparency with where the company is going.

2. "Patient advocate"

Former Employee - Patient Advocate in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at MedRisk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers and decent location

Cons

The Immediate Supervisors don't have consistent policies and are often not on the same page with each other. The low pay isn't worth the confusion and disfunction of the office. You are told not to communicate with your neighbor while at your cubicle.

Advice to Management

Don't treat the employees like children and micromanage everything they do

"Not worth the bad pay"

Former Employee - Patient Advocate in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at MedRisk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are nice and the hours aren't bad

Cons

Micromanaged, you can't talk to other coworkers even if there is no work to do you must stay at your desk. You're heavily penalized for calling out. The money sucks. So much pressure to meet numbers which is often out of your control.

4. "It's what you make it"

I have been working at MedRisk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall, it is what you make it. It's a great work environment that has a lot of awesome people working here. There are some fun activities that the company/culture groups put on that are a great time. It is a very low stress job that doesn't make you stay late or work on the weekends. It has great opportunities that if you work hard and show management you are capable, you can move up or get placed in a department that fits your wants.

Cons

Has the same issues as every normal corporate job does. Not every company is perfect and 100% is the best fit for everyone. If overall, you are nit picky and just a negative person, I could see why you could have so many "issues"with this company. There are some things that I disagree with but it's the same problems that my friends have at their companies. It's very important to remember that any negative reviews should be taken with a grain of salt because everyone has a different experience. I will agree though that the pay could be higher.

Advice to Management

It seems to me that the executive team really does make an effort to learn names and show appreciation for their employees.

"little pay for a B.S. requirement job, and constant sitting"

Current Employee - Patient Advocate in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Patient Advocate in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at MedRisk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team leaders work well with you

Cons

PTO is terrible, they have a point system for call offs, including emergencies. You get overlooked for promotions, while those in their good graces without your proven record get promoted. workflow is constantly changing, some of them are ridiculous but you can't say anything because they already have it all figured out. even though they claim they are open to suggestions, not really. You sit for long periods of time, the pay sucks.

Advice to Management

How about raising the pay, giving people more benefits, and giving people more than 1 days off for a holiday?? that environment is just too restive and not flexible or understanding of things coming up that you have no control over… and get rid of the point system.

"It may or may not be the right fit"

Current Employee - Senior Patient Advocate
    Current Employee - Senior Patient Advocate

I have been working at MedRisk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-I've met a lot of nice and genuine people while working here
    -good resume builder
    -great job for when you are making a career change and need something to fill the void, or to simply gain office experience

Cons

-management is selfish and immature. They play favorites and never update their teams on anything. Every other company I know has weekly meetings to discuss new updates but this does not.
    -management also plays favorites. I have seen the wrong people get promoted and the right people never leave the bottom
    -the raises are terrible, don't expect much if you get promoted
    -they created a point system for attendance and it gives off the impression that we're all children. If I am physically ill and have to leave work early I don't think I should get points and then get reprimanded. HOWEVER I do understand that a significant amount of employees are recent college graduates who don't quite yet grasp the concept of the importance of accountability I suppose.
    -they mostly hire through temp agencies, so it's like a revolving door of new faces
    -we are micromanaged even though QA hardly ever has consistency

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like adults and maybe they'll start acting like adults. PAY THEM MORE. Every year you boast about all of our new clients and new success yet we never see an increase in our pay. Have weekly meetings, quit playing favorites and have professionalism

7. "Good entry level for recent grads"

I have been working at MedRisk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can utilize flex hours and can work from home on occasion.

Cons

Advocacy department is a popularity contest. Promotions are based on social status, rather than quality of work or work ethic.

Advice to Management

Create a more efficient training program for individuals being promoted to team leads.

8. "Eh"

Current Employee - Revenue Analyst
    Current Employee - Revenue Analyst

I have been working at MedRisk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the people I work with and the work is relatively easy. That's about it. They turned the AC on finally.

Cons

Good luck getting any form of training. The "training" team was dissolved before it was even active. Whole teams and employees seem to get let go at a moments notice. You're constantly treated like a child. I work in a department that's not a call center and people are constantly getting hushed and Scolded for talking. Compensation is ridiculous, especially when we know how much money is being made. Benefits aren't great. No opportunity for advancement unless you make the right "connections". Otherwise you can move to different departments but good luck getting a promotion. This is a place best described as "purgatory", when you're here, you're just kinda stuck until you figure out what's next.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. You act like you care but we know you don't.

"Diagnostic Divsion"

Former Employee - Network Development in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Network Development in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MedRisk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent evironment, lots of nepatism and overlooking of good employees

Cons

dishonest supervisor whose since has been demoted

Advice to Management

listen to your workers needs

10. "Patient Advocate"

Former Employee - Patient Advocate in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at MedRisk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for if you are transitioning careers or looking to get your start in the business world.

Cons

Not so great for people who aren't driven. If you aren't willing to push yourself or challenge yourself, you will fail. But that is true of any job. You also have to have a positive outlook. Not every day is a good one. You have to be able to look for the good to be happy.

Advice to Management

None.