MedSpring Urgent Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Astrid Stracke

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "3 day work week, some friendly staff" (in 5 reviews)

• "Low-moderate patient load for an urgent care" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is growing rapidly with high turnover so they struggle with keeping positions staffed" (in 5 reviews)

• "We were recently merged by with another urgent care company" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Good company to work for if you need flexible days."

Current Employee - Medical Assistant/Non- Certified Radiological Tech in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at MedSpring Urgent Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Urgent care centers have flexible hours. Most weekend's and holidays the clinic is closed.

Cons

Urgent care centers are not to be mistaken for providing life-saving care. If it is a life-threatening health issue, you should go to the nearest emergency room instead. Another disadvantage of an urgent care clinic is that you medical_billing_advocate and likely you will not see the same physician every time you attend the clinic.

2. "Steady flow, busy in bursts. Time really goes by fast. I like it."

Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Austin, TX

I have been working at MedSpring Urgent Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

3 day work week. Awesome co workers, plenty of available overtime, if you want it, the work isn’t difficult, at least once you can easily navigate the EMR system.

Cons

Can be difficult to find time to eat. Must travel to different cites at times. It’s also less hand on than I’m used to, not entirely sure this is a con, but I like more involvement in patient care. Feedback and discussion with providers. I miss providers who love to teach. Much less interaction here.

3. "Executive Assistant"

I worked at MedSpring Urgent Care full-time

Pros

Phenomenal leadership and pretty good benefits for a small company.

Cons

Things changed quite a bit under new management. There was much less of a sincere concern for employee's satisfaction.

"Stay Away -"

Current Employee - Physician
    Current Employee - Physician

I have been working at MedSpring Urgent Care (Less than a year)

Pros

There are little reasons to work for this company. The only reason I can think of is the long shifts (many times 15 hours or more) can provide for other days off.

Cons

Partners Urgent Care treats its professional staff (physicians and advanced practitioners) as imminently replaceable retail workers. The management puts more emphasis on yelp reviews and the coffee and snacks in the lobby than medical management of patients and medical outcomes. There is no support for professional staff and given the lack of job security and lack of job satisfaction, there has been a high and constant turnover to the point that the company cannot staff its centers reliably. Professional staff has no reason to feel any job security at all. The Department of Public Health reviewed their operations several months ago and forced them to change many procedures and protocols that were not in compliance. Management constantly makes up new rules to cover for their inability to successfully manage and retain employees, and successfully staff shifts. The company manages by oppressive tactics, bullies its employees and illegally and inappropriately disciplines employees. There is no paid time off. There is no sick leave provided by the company, only that mandated by state law. When you use your state mandated sick leave the company demands that you make up the time showing how strapped they are for staff. There are on-call shifts which are constantly abused when they have not hired enough staff (which has been a constant reality since their beginning). You are only as good as your last yelp review (certainly not how medical professionals deserve to be evaluated). Medical outcomes do not matter. Its all about on-line image and money! In short, people do not want to work here. STAY AWAY!

Advice to Management

Start treating your staff as you would like to be treated. Treated physicians as professionals, not as wait staff.

5. "Poor Leadership - Don't wast your time"

I worked at MedSpring Urgent Care full-time

Pros

Some coworkers are great. Central Location.

Cons

Leadership has been making one bad call after another. Don't waste your time with this company.

Advice to Management

A great company starts with happy employees first.

6. "Physician"

I have been working at MedSpring Urgent Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Medspring provides great opportunities to grow and learn. The work-life balance is great and management is very supportive. There is a lot of encouragement.

Cons

The company continues to grow by leaps and bounds and as such experiences some growing pains. Still it is adaptive and seeks to learn from those pains.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on communication, being supportive, and the human experience. It is working.

7. "company review"

Pros

good company to work for

Cons

no PTO at this time

"Change was needed"

Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at MedSpring Urgent Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been workign at Medspring for over 2 years now. The people are great and really care about the service we provide. In June we merged with another company and thier leadership has brought excitment and energy.

Cons

Historically we did very little to change the direction of the company. Which is probably why we merged with another company and thier leadership team is the new leadership team.

Advice to Management

Change was needed whether folks want to say it or not. Continue to keep us engaged, be transparent and communicate. I'm excited about the new direction this company will be going.

"anonymous"

I have been working at MedSpring Urgent Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Strong leaders at the top willing to help.
    -Flexible shifts
    -Friendly environment
    -competitive pay
    -Has the ability to be a powerhouse urgent care across the country.

Cons

-Lack of accountability when coworkers don't show up to work, the ramifications cause a domino effect that hurts the team.
    -Sometimes it's hard to find time to eat during rush hour but it's the norm if you've ever worked in an ER setting.

Advice to Management

Recruit positive candidates willing to work hard and come up with solutions rather than complain.

-The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance. - Alan watts

10. "Fast-Paced and Room for Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at MedSpring Urgent Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great salary
    Room for growth
    Constant change means new opportunities
    Voice is heard
    Professional coworkers

Cons

Change is not for everyone
    A lot of work - need to manage time effectively
    Culture could be a little better

Advice to Management

I feel the culture needs to be a priority. With so much change and turnover, something needs to be done or else people will continue to leave MedSpring. The company should do a better job of showing appreciation to employees.