KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and HR department(in 149 reviews)
  • "Good staff friendly people and amart(in 37 reviews)
  • "Glad I had great coworkers to work with(in 36 reviews)
  • "The environment and people there are all great and professional.(in 34 reviews)
  • "Relatively easy to get desired time off (dependent on flexibility of manager)(in 20 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of MedStar Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

low salary

Jun 29, 2022 - Licensed Therapist in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

close to home, flexible to some degree, CEUs

Cons

low pay, focus on reimbursements over patient well being

MedStar Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. While we’re glad that you enjoy the flexibility, location, and ability to future your education, it’s disheartening to hear that you are not satisfied with other aspects of your employment. We appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns and will surely share them with the most appropriate leaders on our team. We value your feedback and are committed to making improvements that will help our associates succeed.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

double edged sword

Jul 1, 2022 - Registered Nurse in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

amazing job perks and staff

Cons

management cares more about bottom line and their own agenda than patient care or staff wellbeing

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jun 27, 2022 - Special Education Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Healthy work-life balance. Supportive multidisciplinary team. Meaningful work. Great benefits.

Cons

Limited opportunity to advance (within my particular department).

Continue reading

MedStar Health Response

Thank you for your 5-star review and feedback! It's great to hear that you enjoy working for MedStar Health. We're happy to have you on our team and appreciate all that you do! We will also certainly share your advice to leadership about innovation.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Salary in er

Jun 27, 2022 - Registered Nurse, BSN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, employee perks and discounts

Cons

Short staff and salary for staff

MedStar Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. While we’re glad that you enjoy our comprehensive benefits package and employee discounts, it’s disheartening to hear that you are not satisfied with other aspects of your employment. We appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns and will surely share them with the most appropriate leaders on our team. We value your feedback and are committed to making improvements that will help our associates succeed.

5. 4.0

Pros an cons: a list

Jun 27, 2022 - Speech Language Pathologist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Community with peers. Wellness initiatives. Benefits.

Cons

Parking. The divide between workforce and management. Pay. Communication.

MedStar Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. While we’re glad that you enjoy our comprehensive benefits package, wellness initiatives, and your team, it’s disheartening to hear that you are not satisfied with other aspects of your employment. We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and will surely share them with the most appropriate leaders on our team. We value your feedback and are committed to making improvements that will help our associates succeed.

6. 4.0

Great work place

Jun 23, 2022 - Medical Assistant in Chevy Chase, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Large organization, great affordable benefit

Cons

Short staffed, low pay, employee burnout

MedStar Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. While we’re glad that you enjoy our comprehensive benefits package and vast organization, it’s disheartening to hear that you are not satisfied with other aspects of your employment. We appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns and will surely share them with the most appropriate leaders on our team. We value your feedback and are committed to making improvements that will help our associates succeed.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

Jun 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

None I loved it there

MedStar Health Response

Thank you for your 5-star review and feedback! It's great to hear that you enjoyed working for MedStar Health.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Run don't Walk!

Jul 1, 2022 - Internal Auditor in Nottingham, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits package. Personal days given in addition to federal holidays.

Cons

Low employee engagement, high employee turnover, low productivity, lack of discretionary effort, and low employee morale. These are attributed to the management style at the department I worked. What is worse is that executive leadership is aware and does nothing about it.

Continue reading
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

Jun 15, 2022 - Security Monitor in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

good pay good company nice coworkers hours are good

Cons

not really great at training. you'll mostly learn as you go

Manager, Reputation Management

Thank you for your 5-star review and feedback! It's great to hear that you enjoy working for MedStar Health. We're happy to have you on our team and appreciate all that you do for our patients!

10. 5.0

Medical Assistant

Jun 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pros are the Benefits

Cons

The con is the Salary

Manager, Reputation Management

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoy the comprehensive benefits package that we offer to our employees. We appreciate your constructive feedback, too, and will surely share it with our leaders so that we can continue to make improvements.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,144 Reviews

MedStar Health Reviews FAQs

MedStar Health has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,217 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at MedStar Health to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, MedStar Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at MedStar Health. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

69% of MedStar Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MedStar Health 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at MedStar Health to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with MedStar Health Job Seekers