MedTouch Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Paul Griffiths

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • We have a fun environment, great people, and people who truly care about each other (in 5 reviews)

• For me, this was a great place to work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing fast and experiencing growing pains (in 4 reviews)

• the work we do matters, and for a relatively small company, we are making serious waves in our market (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Meaningful work, great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at MedTouch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked and grown my career substantially at MedTouch. What makes this company special is the meaning behind what we do for our clients and our leaders' commitment to making MedTouch a great place to work and be.

MedTouch is driven by a constant desire to improve and grow. This means lots of opportunities for growth and advancement and a culture of honesty and feedback. There is a sincere desire to do the right thing by our clients and employees, every day.

The work is meaningful, impactful, and constantly changing. There truly is never a dull day in any position here.

The type of people who work here are passionate about healthcare and the work we do. It's a high-touch and supportive environment that puts culture and people first.

Cons

Because of the nature of our work and the industry we serve our margins are not as big as some other technology companies getting round after round of outside funding. This is a self-funded company (which is part of the magic). However, this sometimes leads to less investment of money and time into longer term initiatives that would help build community, advance training, etc.

Don't get me wrong - there are events, great perks, and a wonderful sense of community already. There's just opportunity for more, especially as we continue to grow.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, this place truly is special. However, don't be afraid to be generous. The gesture of investing in community and in your employees goes a long way and will help cultivate the type of culture I think this company is aiming to maintain and build.

"Good place to learn and grow"

I have been working at MedTouch full-time

Pros

Small teams, opportunity to get attached to work if you want to get involved, ability to influence direction, office location, smart people

Cons

Lack of process/structure/support of a larger company

Sep 1, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Glad to hear you’ve enjoyed the opportunity to work with and learn from other teams – we love how this can help grow your career and strengthen our team as a whole!

"Great place to work!"

Pros

Very smart people, always push you to do your best and help you out when needed

Cons

Need to prioritize better

Aug 28, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Consistent feedback in collaboration is a central value in our company culture. It’s encouraging to hear that this helped to advance your skills and career during your time with us! Thanks for taking... More

"DO NOT join this company"

Former Employee - Senior JavaScript Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior JavaScript Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at MedTouch full-time

Pros

flexible working hours, free coffee.

Cons

If you are capable software engineer, DO NOT join this company. I made my mistake by joining them and it costed my H1B visa. They are a small company with bureaucracy of big company. They will throw you under the bus to avoid slightest possible risk. No need to talk to management, they are not the right people. The difference is a bridge too far.

Aug 2, 2017 – Director, People + Culture

Our team is aware of your situation and very sorry that this sponsorship process did not go according to plan. I know that this put you in a very difficult situation and while we worked with our... More

"The honest truth"

I worked at MedTouch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not pointing out specific pros or cons, just giving some honest thoughts about the company.

From the time I joined MedTouch and through their initial growth, everyone working there felt valued, excited, and passionate about the work they were doing. There were dream teams lead by amazing peers, and the culture was everything you could hope for with company values that everyone truly believed in and cheered confidently at standing meetings.

After nearly doubling in size, MedTouch started to feel the growing pains of a company without scalable processes, and lacked the dedication and attention to detail they required to succeed with that inflation. These pains are what ultimately started to blur the once concrete vision and extinguish some of the passion and motivation in its employees. This became increasingly apparent when exceptional talent began to leave for other opportunities. I will give MedTouch credit in their ability to maintain morale during these times, but there was only so much damage control that could be done as more and more of your smart and hard working colleagues went out the door.

Eventually, the knee-jerk reaction to these mass exoduses was to implement new process after new process that, based on the lack of benefit they provided, only frustrated employees more. Heavy influence by a select few who constantly implemented careless and inefficient processes while being deaf to the incredible smart and intelligent resources available to them would eventually lead to more and more people walking out the door, or would impact the business to the point where massive lay-offs occurred. (There were two waves of lay offs during my time at MedTouch, and having groups of 3-4 announcing their notice at the same time was not uncommon.)

In all, I will say I enjoyed at least 60% of my time with MedTouch, and I did learn more than I anticipate. The company had, and still has great potential, but you can only be full of potential for so long before you become full of empty promises and disappointed employees. And there are only so many times you can hear, "I miss the way MedTouch used to be," before becoming discouraged yourself.

There is still really great talent and good people at MedTouch, and some members of leadership are brilliant and have the good business sense needed to make this company succeed. Unfortunately, these people are either shadowed by poor decision makers, blatantly ignored, or getting ready to see themselves out. I wish MedTouch all the best and only time will tell whether they have what it takes to reclaim the amazing values they once had.

Cons

The other reviews written on here below spoke well to the cons and challenges. Few have been resolved, many still existed today.

Jun 5, 2017 – Director, People + Culture

Thank you for the time that you took to write about your experience at MedTouch. We have been through seasons of significant growth and change over the past couple years and will be the first to say... More

"Desperate for change"

I have been working at MedTouch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So many wonderful, smart, hard-working people. MedTouch has an embarrassment of riches.

Cons

The embarrassment in those riches is the fact that a small number of people at the top have been allowed to bring this company to its knees. It isn't too late but soon it will be. The CEO needs to be decisive and show his loyal employees that he will no longer tolerate the toxic politics that have been rampant. This doesn't have to be the end of what was once a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Please be bold and address the long-standing issues. This company could be great again - but only if you make the tough choices. Be brave and do what's needed.

Jun 5, 2017 – CEO + Founding Partner

I agree that people at MedTouch are abundantly wonderful, smart, and hard-working. It has always been our mission to both elevate and empower the talent that we have in our teams. Change is tough on... More

"Truth is in the Cons"

I worked at MedTouch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are still really trying.

Cons

All the cons mentioned below are valid.

Advice to Management

Two years ago you trusted your employees and they trusted you, go back to what you were doing then.

Jun 5, 2017 – Director, People + Culture

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It sounds like during your time with MedTouch you experienced some changes in the dynamics of relationship and communication. I’m saddened to hear the ways that... More

"Great experience"

Pros

Great company culture and great people!

Cons

Intense work ethic and some senior leaders.

Jan 23, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us – we’re thrilled to hear this! As we continually strive to improve our employees’ daily experiences, feel free to email me at ebowers@medtouch.com... More

"Churn'em and Burn'em"

I worked at MedTouch full-time

Pros

Soaring and lofty rhetoric motivates most people to hop on the MedTouch Train.

Cons

Problem is that the Train is run by a Train Conductor and CEO that is running everything off the tracks. CEO and Senior Management are very weak. Resulting in a constant circle of firings or good folks jumping off the train before it wrecks.

Advice to Management

Stop the train before you hit Niagara Falls.

Jan 26, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re saddened to hear that your expectations were not met while with us. To address your comments on departures, specifically: When and if... More

"Grain of salt"

I have been working at MedTouch full-time

Pros

Glassdoor lets people post multiple reviews. A small contingent of ex-employees seem to not be able to let go and continue to post and post and post. I hope job seekers will see for themselves, come in for an interview and get a feel for the real people here at MedTouch. I have rarely worked with so many smart and KIND people. There are many growth opportunities for employees, and this is a meritocracy (MedTouch promotes not based on how many years you put in but on how well you perform - refreshing but it can lead to hurt feelings and ego issues - but I'd prefer that to blind promotion based on years or some other arbitrary measure. We have a fun environment, great people, and people who truly care about each other. We have an awesome location in Assembly Row and it's fun to come to work.

Cons

growing pains can sometimes cause lack of processes. Company is working on it but it is a team effort to get there

Advice to Management

Stay visible and stay involved - I've seen an increase in involvement in a positive way on large projects. The team appreciates your support!