MedTouch Reviews

Updated May 9, 2020

3.7
MedTouch Founder + CEO Paul Griffiths (no image)
Paul Griffiths
Pros
Cons
  • "growing pains can sometimes cause lack of processes(in 7 reviews)

• "They are a small company with bureaucracy of big company(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Warm & Talented Agency"

Former Employee - Client Service

I worked at MedTouch full-time

Pros

Strong group of hard workers. Healthy culture. Engaging executive team. Collective sense of pride in work; no ego—total team mentality. Exceptional work-life balance. Best manager I’ve had.

Cons

Opportunity to deepen collaboration across functions. But I’ll say the process is a very well-oiled one.

Continue reading

"The good kind of challenging, with meaningful outcomes and great coworkers"

Current Employee - Operations and Financial Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at MedTouch full-time for less than a year

Pros

1.) Work-life balance. I've worked at several places but MedTouch is the only one where I actually see this balance not only tolerated but encouraged and celebrated. Lots of flexibility with start/end time each day, lunch time/length, WFH, etc. There's no shame involved with taking days off, whether sick or vacation, and no expectation to actually be online those times. I know that sounds like a low bar, but it's made my experience here wonderful compared to other companies. 2.) Challenging, meaningful work. The work we do has obvious, direct impacts in healthcare. I've also felt MedTouch is proactive in ensuring employees have the tools they need to succeed. I've run into an issue or two on occasion that I would consider extremely minor and non-urgent that, after I raised, was resolved within hours. And I'm one of the lowest people on the totem pole! It's apparent they really do want you to succeed. 3.) Awesome people to work with. Everyone is incredibly smart, kind, welcoming, and funny. I don't work a lot with the senior leadership, but I don't get the impression that there's a lot of ego, nor do I get the impression that others feel that way. It's overall just a really positive, supportive environment. 4.) Perks/the little stuff: -the Assembly office and the surrounding area is lovely (we get discounts at most shops as an Assembly employee) -free snacks of all sorts along with free beer, kombucha, and cold brew (all on tap) in the kitchen -casual dress code (and again, they actually mean it!) -standing desks, treadmill desk -lots of employee happiness events/initiatives; Halloween party and competitions with prizes, an annual week devoted to celebrating employees with dress-up days and activities, lunch and learns, so much more -4% 401k match - a Slack channel devoted to pictures of cute dogs spotted near the office -a lot more I'm sure I'm forgetting!

Cons

-Open office layout (con for some, pro for others) -Could be difficult for someone coming from a more corporate environment -Some minor growing pains that are standard for any growing company; shuffling of accounts/projects as people leave and others are hired, etc.

November 11, 2019Manager, Talent Acquisition

We’re thrilled to hear that you find meaning in our work, comradery with your colleagues, and support from your leaders. Most of all, I’m encouraged to know that you’ve found our culture to be genuine and transparent: we say what we mean and we mean what we say! Thanks for being on our team and enjoying our uniquely MedTouch culture.

3. "In transition"

2.0

I worked at MedTouch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growing company. Lots of changes and great people.

Cons

In transition. HR is not strong.

4. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at MedTouch full-time

Pros

Project and functional teams work collaboratively, and everyone supports one another Company culture supports work/life balance Management has an open door policy and values the feedback/opinions of all employees Management values innovation Fun company sponsored activities scattered throughout the year

Cons

As others have noted, we experience the typical growing pains of a young company, and are taking care to roll out process that balances structure and flexibility.

November 11, 2019Director, People + Culture

I’m pleased to see that you value the collaboration across our project and functional teams. This collaboration is key to servicing our clients well. Our open and feedback-driven culture is another hallmark of our leadership. Thank you for recognizing it, and I hope you have benefited from it directly. With growth and change comes some discomfort, as you noted, but with your support and collaboration, we’re optimistic that we will achieve the balance we seek.

"Determined, passionate, and mission driven"

Current Employee - Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at MedTouch full-time for more than a year

Pros

During my time at MedTouch, I've seen a lot of improvements come in. We have pretty decent benefits, 401k matching, brilliant, hardworking people, and leadership that actually cares. The people here are passionate and you can see that the mission drives them. It's definitely a challenging environment, but that's what makes it such a great place to work.

Cons

There's always some pains when it comes to growth, and management, but it's obvious that senior leadership is working really hard to make it a good place to work, and welcoming.

November 11, 2019Director, People + Culture

It’s wonderful to see you value our mission-driven culture and that you find our challenging work to also be rewarding. While we are driven to serve our clients, we are equally driven to support our employees. We are always evaluating how best to do that via benefits, learning opportunities, perks and just plain fun. As we grow, we hope to continue to be a great place to work for you and others.

6. "Glad I’m here"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Somerville, MA

I have been working at MedTouch full-time

Pros

Leaders that I can look up to, including several women in leadership Coaching on not just skills but my career The ability to be proud of what we deliver to our clients, and its ultimate impact on patients Flexibility in working hours Colleagues who are experts in their fields Celebrate People Week last month was pretty fun

Cons

Opportunity to keep improving processes

November 11, 2019Director, People + Culture

And we are glad you’re here, too! Each hire we make gives us the opportunity to invite new and diverse backgrounds and perspectives into MedTouch at all levels. This diversity goes well beyond gender and has helped us grow our expertise and ability to serve our clients and their patients. I’m pleased that you feel supported in your career through coaching, flexible work options and our celebrations as a company. I hope you continue to thrive and grow at MedTouch.

"Hard work, expect delivery but amazing company"

I have been working at MedTouch full-time for more than a year

Pros

After seeing some recent bad reviews, I had to chime in. Medtouch is a challenging place to work. But that is what many of us look for. They have made me stick to my goals. But also been understanding when I fall short. If you continuously show effort, and actually try, they will be understanding of any challenges. I have learned so much about being a team player in a company that is a step up in size from my previous roles. Amazing insurance. Fantastic WFH and flexibility. This company has worked with me through some very difficult health issues and as long as I kept trying and kept working they were here for me.

Cons

Some lack of understanding between PM and delivery teams. High pressure(can be a pro and con)

November 11, 2019Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your experience as a whole. It’s encouraging to hear that you’ve been challenged in new ways and held to high standards, but supported each step along the way. We’re extremely grateful for how our people invest in MedTouch and it’s our privilege to return that investment through skill development, flexibility, and more opportunities!

"Potential unrealized"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at MedTouch full-time

Pros

The people are nice, WFH policy

Cons

legacy employees hold company back

July 19, 2019Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your perspective. I’m happy to hear that you enjoy flexibility in your role and the team members you work with. I agree: our people are great! Our long-standing team members bring incredible knowledge and experience to each new project. In building momentum, your advice to continue adding diverse perspectives and backgrounds to our team is right in line with how we’ve grown in the past year. The varied industry experiences and perspectives of our newest team members have enabled us to pursue unique and exciting opportunities. We’ll continue to seek this diversity of perspective as we grow.

"Specialists in Under-Delivery"

1.0
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at MedTouch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free Coffee Free Tea Free Snacks Good Healthcare Plan Great Office Location

Cons

The company has clearly been having issues for a few years now, “growing pains” have become flat out failure to grow. Previous reviews talk about a huge layoff, recent high turnover, and numerous internal operational issues. Under delivery to clients has become the norm and more time is spent trying to recoup loses or alter delivery promises and timelines than provide a quality product or delivery. The Boston based office is in Somerville’s Assembly Row, which is an amazing location but inside the office there are more empty desks than occupied ones. The company even sold off part of its office and still there are still rows of empty desks. A constant cycle of failed expected growth has led to hiring followed by mass exodus. As many as 6-10 people will give their notice over a month time-span, the company has a total of around 40-50 employees at a given time. The company has a serious issue with its ability to estimate the work it has sold. Contracts are extremely underestimated leading to free work being given away and more out of scope work is promised to the client. An unhealthy amount of bargaining and “offline discussions” occur to decide on the allocation of internal resources. Work sold is never delivered on the timeline sold to the client. Often more work is being sold to other clients that overlaps with the already exhausted resources to recoup the loses from another contract and to ‘recognize revenue’ and appear like nothing is wrong till next quarter. Some clients are strung along with entire alphabets of change control requests to pay for the work that should have been accounted for when the contract was originally sold, increasing timelines even further and making the client start looking for a better vendor. Developers leave at an alarming rate due to the nature of the work. The company constantly loses its top developers mid project (high turnover), leaving the remaining work to be completed another developer with less experience, understanding, or skill. The company tries really hard to project that everything is fine, but there are way too many issues. The remaining employees are only there to put out fires, message developers at all hours that a website has gone down, or convince clients everything will eventually be delivered even if it’s years after the work was originally sold.

July 3, 2019Chief Executive Officer

Hi, this is CEO, Paul Griffiths. I personally want to address your feedback. For clarity, it is true we had a single day of layoffs in 2016, amounting to about 10% of our workforce. It was the right business decision, but we executed it poorly and I only blame myself. I did a poor job leading the company through the process. I caused unnecessary heartache thanks to my inexperience with such events. It was, and remains, a low point in my career. Your review suggests you were part of that event; for that, I’m sorry. I have attempted to learn from that mistake. If you would contact me, I’d like to hear from you as to what we could have done better. Today, I’m proud of MedTouch for a number of reasons: we are definitely growing, adding talent and clients. Our Boston office alone is over 40 people, we have a second office, and we have equal people working from around the country thanks to a more flexible WFH policy. We take company-wide surveys to get the pulse of our employees, from a day-to-day perspective; our most recent one included the question, “I have what I need to do my job correctly.” The company answered 4.5/5.0 We’ve made consistent improvements on employee performance, investment, and job satisfaction. We now operate in a more agile / less waterfall way than before, owing to the fact that our work is less about standing up technology and more about helping our clients maximize it – a big change for the business over the last three years. Lastly, to safeguard against false positivity, we have a company-wide scorecard that is used at every company meeting, as well as weekly and monthly cadences to promote transparency of business performance. I share this both as it is a result of what we learned from 2016 and because as I believe our team takes their work seriously, works hard for our clients, and enjoys the work they do. While I don’t claim we are perfect, these were and are challenging goals we’ve achieved together as a company. I’m sorry we were not a better fit for you during your time with us. Please contact me as I’d like to hear where you think we could have improved or, at very least, apologize in person. Best, Paul

"Nice perks and people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

I have been working at MedTouch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, really smart people, very visual and goal-driven

Cons

A lot of construction in Assembly right now. The culture can be an adjustment if you're coming from a more corporate setting.

Found 65 reviews