MedTouch Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Paul Griffiths

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Some good talent and good work life balance" (in 4 reviews)

• "Great people and I am learning a lot" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "the work we do matters, and for a relatively small company, we are making serious waves in our market" (in 4 reviews)

• "are far better than the hopelessness of the big-company bureaucracy" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Momentum"

I have been working at MedTouch full-time

Pros

Great things are happening here. Happy clients, better processes, more structure, fun new team members.

Cons

Still working to adapt processes across org consistently.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating openly and taking feedback. It has made a lot of difference.

"It's all about the people"

I have been working at MedTouch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Genuinely nice people work here
    - Recent hires have brought some great talent
    - Culture is hard-working but without the burnout of an agency

Cons

- Roles could still use clearer definition

Advice to Management

Spend time with your people, empower them, and they will continue to grow the business!

"Account Director"

I have been working at MedTouch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and I am learning a lot.

Cons

Recently went through some transition with the organizational structure and we are working through the new process, but overall it is ultimately a great direction for the team.

Advice to Management

Keep sharing partnerships and business goals as they evolve.

"Great Onboarding Process"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Somerville, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Somerville, MA

I have been working at MedTouch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very professional and helpful hiring staffs and managers who took time to explain every step of the hiring process and more than accommodated. I had a long commute and was late for my first on-site interview due to a train break-down on the Orange line, the hiring team did everything they could to re-arrange my interview schedule so that I didn't have to come back. I had a few pending offers with other potential employers at the moment and this was one of the main reason I ended up picking MedTouch.

- The onboarding process for new hires is excellent.

- Great leadership, very strong company culture, vision and employee engagement.

Cons

Not at this time.

5. "Welcome to Jr High"

I have been working at MedTouch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free beer
    Great location with restaurants next door
    Benefits are good

Cons

Sr leadership talks to you like you are in junior high.

Advice to Management

Focus on sales and less on rules and time cards.

"Stay far, far away"

I worked at MedTouch full-time

Pros

There were a handful of talented, friendly people. Office location at Assembly is great.

Cons

Brutal internal politics with plenty of backstabbing. Customers are typically unhappy because the product delivered never works properly, is rarely delivered on time and is inordinately expensive. There's one senior leader who is cancerous, and everyone knows it, but the CEO refuses to address. Sometimes uses shady business and HR practices. Stay away from this one.

Advice to Management

Clear out the cancer. Focus more on hiring the right people and on employee development and growth.

"Incompetently Managed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

I worked at MedTouch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MedTouch had the usual snacks and coffee.

The hours were generally flexible, and the option to work from home some of the time was available.

MT certainly knows how to sell. There's some charm and charisma at the top of the org chart, for sure. But you know, there are a lot of charming and charismatic used car salesmen, too.

Cons

As I see it, the early success of this company depended entirely on its being small and having a limited number of customers. It was only under those circumstances that MT’s deficiencies could be compensated for, that sales could continue, and that employee morale could be maintained.

Once the company grew beyond the amount of work that the core development team could handle, the deficiencies became glaring, and MT has been trying to recover ever since.

The two biggest deficiencies are:

- So-so Development Team. There are some people who are great at specific things, but there aren’t enough generalists who combine that deep knowledge in one area with an overall view of the architecture of a MT website, or of software in general.

- Awful Executives. The CEO made the mistake of hiring friends for some key management/executive positions, and while it's long been obvious to most employees at the bottom of the org chart that these people are simply not competent, the CEO is either unable to see it or unwilling to fix it, so those people linger, and in some cases, fail up to higher roles where their poor decisions can screw even more of the company.

Also, billable hours are such a stress-factor for employees, and they are often used against the most conscientious employees.

Advice to Management

Fire incompetent executives. Honestly, this will fix virtually everything else.

May 10, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Lead

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at MedTouch fell short of your expectations. That said, our development team does have an incredible depth of expertise and is actively working to transfer that... More

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

I have been working at MedTouch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have to say, I love working for MedTouch. The culture is refreshing. People are driven to do the right thing. There is no internal politicking, and In September, the company held an Employee Appreciation Week where they went out of their way to appreciate everyone – nice touch. I find it rewarding to get to work on websites for hospitals across the country, including Newton Wellesley and Mass Eye and Ear just down the road here in Boston.

Cons

The commute into the city.

Oct 23, 2017 – Director, People + Culture

It’s great to hear that you can feel and see the impact that you’re making for individual clients and the larger healthcare industry! Our mission to bring digital transformation to healthcare can... More

"Decent place to work, but not long term"

Former Employee - UI Developer in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - UI Developer in Cambridge, MA

I worked at MedTouch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good talent and good work life balance.

Cons

Work was boring and redundant, very little variety.

Nov 2, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Lead

We appreciate your willingness to share about your experience on our UI team. We know that building new designs is exciting and stimulating; we’re fortunate to have the opportunity to work on these... More

"Great place to work!"

Pros

Very smart people, always push you to do your best and help you out when needed

Cons

Need to prioritize better

Aug 28, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Consistent feedback in collaboration is a central value in our company culture. It’s encouraging to hear that this helped to advance your skills and career during your time with us! Thanks for taking... More