MedTravelers Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Susan Salka

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Speech Language Pathologist"

I have been working at MedTravelers full-time

Pros

If I've had any questions or concerns they do everything to assure my concerns are taken care of

Cons

So far I haven't had any negative issues

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your staff

2. "Physical therapist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at MedTravelers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wide range of locations, good pay

Cons

Sometimes Ive had a hard time getting a hold of my recruiter.

3. "Manipulative, Lying, Thieves"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at MedTravelers full-time

Pros

All of their representatives are very friendly, until one has signed the contract. I have had a long career as a therapist and have never encountered a corporation which treats workers in this manner.

Cons

I did look around on the internet for information on this company, but somehow missed a site on which there were many very negative reviews on this company. In the fine print of the contract for travelers, delivered to prospective employee after all other paperwork is completed, and one is being rushed into a job: employee receives no sick days, and if she/he misses a shift, employee HAS TO PAY COMPANY WHATEVER AMOUNT AMN/MEDTRAVELERS WOULD HAVE MADE OFF OF THEM!!!....This happens in California...I am sure many people have just accepted this, and it is totally ILLEGAL here in California, and probably everywhere.So many lies were, and are, being told, and so much manipulation has gone on, I would need four pages to describe it on...They refuse to reimburse for charges/costs they promise to cover; they lie about caseload requirements, support by other professionals, etc., etc. My appointed "handler" told me that she was meeting with the CEO, Susan Salka, and was so excited about it... so I imagine that Ms. Salka is well aware of their policies....Beware, everyone; they own other travel companies as well; do your homework more thoroughly than I did....also: really poor benefits in all areas offered; below average pay rates.

Advice to Management

Is there any point in saying anything to an entity or the people who run it, when the entire basis of their existing is evidently lying, cheating, and stealing from employees?

"lots of jobs... but"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Portland, OR

I have been working at MedTravelers (More than 3 years)

Pros

they get the most contracts because they have taken over most of the companies

Cons

Little individualized attention, you need to be aggressive to get a job

Advice to Management

support your contractors better in the field

5. "Great Recruiters"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Pros

Very attentive recruiters willing to listen and assist when needed, otherwise they allowed you to work independently.

Cons

The housing subsidy was too low. The amount did not cover the total cost of weekly hotel (2-star) expenses. I was forced to pay out of pocket which then dug into my net pay.

Advice to Management

None

"Strengths and Weaknesses"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist

Pros

Recruiter was proactive in obtaining the position for me in spite of some unique placement barriers. Fixed major problems once they arose. Made exceptions to cover additional continuing ed.

Cons

Some errors in my contract had to be corrected after my start date. My recruiter was often challenging to reach. High learning curve as a new contractor.

Advice to Management

Please make sure contracts are fully looked over.

"Lied to."

Former Employee - Speech-Language Pathologist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Speech-Language Pathologist in San Diego, CA

Pros

The recruiter makes you believe in the beginning that you're getting a great deal.

Cons

My contract was cancelled because I refuse to work unpaid overtime. I was led to believe that I would be working a certain amount of hours and when I arrived at the facility that promise was broken. The facility cancelled the contract because I was unwilling to work unpaid overtime, and med travelers told me that it came off like I was complaining and that I should be more flexible and willing to work unpaid overtime. That is not how I do business nor should anybody do business like that in the United States.

Advice to Management

If a facility refuses to authorize or pay overtime make sure that the worker isn't subjected to working unpaid overtime. I don't think I'm in the wrong if a facility chooses to schedule me in a way that I will definitely go into overtime and then refuses to authorize paying for it. I've noticed that being a travel contractor really reduces my rights working in facilities because I'm not actually an employee of the facility and the travel company has no teeth and backing up any of the promises they make at the start of the recruitment process. I got in writing that I would work an eight hour day. When I went into overtime I said I'd be willing to do it if I were paid. But the facility won't authorize overtime so who gets to lose?? I do. Since I am a medical professional, I don't work like that. It's unethical. I also saw that the facility added extra minutes and a patient that I never saw in one of the days I worked for them. That's called Medicare fraud. But as a contract worker there's nothing I can do about it and if I even ask anything about my contract about the overtime or even look at them the wrong way, they cancel the contract right away, leaving me high and dry in a city I've traveled to. Very dirty dealings.

"Not a long-term type of place"

Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at MedTravelers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AMN as a whole is not a terrible company. The CEO is pretty great actually.

Cons

Their turn over is high for a reason. Their expectations are unrealistic and the measurement of performance is outdated. Their leadership team gossips more than the staff and Recruiters aren't valued. Most non-leadership roles are viewed as expendable and they remind you pretty frequently. Compensation increases don't exist here and promotions are difficult to come by.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your people as expendable and focus on retaining the talent you have. You've lost considerable amounts the last two years because you figured they were easily replaced - which they weren't.

9. "Decent for first job"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Irving, TX

I worked at MedTravelers full-time

Pros

Good atmosphere and good people for the most part.

Cons

Low pay. Recruiters are treated as less than Account Reps but very similar position.

Advice to Management

Realize that recruiters are just as important as account reps. Both are simply inside sales and it's harder to create long relationships with the travelers than it is with the clients.

"Treated well!"

Pros

My recruiter (Julia Stokes) is awesome!!! If you want a good reliable recruiter, she is the one.

Cons

I wouldn't say there are any.