MedTravelers Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Susan Salka

"First time as Traverler"

Current Employee - PTA in Lake Providence, LA
    Current Employee - PTA in Lake Providence, LA

Pros

Enjoy what i do and very Happy with Mark Rosa Recruiter and Ronda my licensing gal.I have been working 9 months and will continue with this company

Cons

Some problem with payroll errors that has now been great since going to E Timecards. Bye Bye key in errors!

Advice to Management

Thanks for changing the way you do payroll

2. "lots of jobs... but"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Portland, OR

I have been working at MedTravelers (More than 3 years)

Pros

they get the most contracts because they have taken over most of the companies

Cons

Little individualized attention, you need to be aggressive to get a job

Advice to Management

support your contractors better in the field

3. "Great Recruiters"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Pros

Very attentive recruiters willing to listen and assist when needed, otherwise they allowed you to work independently.

Cons

The housing subsidy was too low. The amount did not cover the total cost of weekly hotel (2-star) expenses. I was forced to pay out of pocket which then dug into my net pay.

Advice to Management

None

"Lied to."

Former Employee - Speech-Language Pathologist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Speech-Language Pathologist in San Diego, CA

Pros

The recruiter makes you believe in the beginning that you're getting a great deal.

Cons

My contract was cancelled because I refuse to work unpaid overtime. I was led to believe that I would be working a certain amount of hours and when I arrived at the facility that promise was broken. The facility cancelled the contract because I was unwilling to work unpaid overtime, and med travelers told me that it came off like I was complaining and that I should be more flexible and willing to work unpaid overtime. That is not how I do business nor should anybody do business like that in the United States.

Advice to Management

If a facility refuses to authorize or pay overtime make sure that the worker isn't subjected to working unpaid overtime. I don't think I'm in the wrong if a facility chooses to schedule me in a way that I will definitely go into overtime and then refuses to authorize paying for it. I've noticed that being a travel contractor really reduces my rights working in facilities because I'm not actually an employee of the facility and the travel company has no teeth and backing up any of the promises they make at the start of the recruitment process. I got in writing that I would work an eight hour day. When I went into overtime I said I'd be willing to do it if I were paid. But the facility won't authorize overtime so who gets to lose?? I do. Since I am a medical professional, I don't work like that. It's unethical. I also saw that the facility added extra minutes and a patient that I never saw in one of the days I worked for them. That's called Medicare fraud. But as a contract worker there's nothing I can do about it and if I even ask anything about my contract about the overtime or even look at them the wrong way, they cancel the contract right away, leaving me high and dry in a city I've traveled to. Very dirty dealings.

"Not a long-term type of place"

Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at MedTravelers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AMN as a whole is not a terrible company. The CEO is pretty great actually.

Cons

Their turn over is high for a reason. Their expectations are unrealistic and the measurement of performance is outdated. Their leadership team gossips more than the staff and Recruiters aren't valued. Most non-leadership roles are viewed as expendable and they remind you pretty frequently. Compensation increases don't exist here and promotions are difficult to come by.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your people as expendable and focus on retaining the talent you have. You've lost considerable amounts the last two years because you figured they were easily replaced - which they weren't.

7. "Decent for first job"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Irving, TX

I worked at MedTravelers full-time

Pros

Good atmosphere and good people for the most part.

Cons

Low pay. Recruiters are treated as less than Account Reps but very similar position.

Advice to Management

Realize that recruiters are just as important as account reps. Both are simply inside sales and it's harder to create long relationships with the travelers than it is with the clients.

"EXCELLENT TRAVEL COMPANY"

Current Employee - COTA in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - COTA in San Diego, CA

I have been working at MedTravelers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kimberly Benavides is the best recruiter ever! My calls are always answered or returned promptly!

Cons

All is good with Medtravelers

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Director Or Recruiting in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Director Or Recruiting in Irving, TX

I have been working at MedTravelers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment, advancement opportunities, income potential, and strong corporate culture.

Cons

No cons to be put at this time

"Good experience so far"

Current Employee - Traveling Speech Pathologist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Traveling Speech Pathologist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at MedTravelers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My recruiter has been great. I appreciate her quick responses and good advice. I always feel like she is working for ME. It seems as though they do have some exclusive contracts that other companies do not have (although I have found other companies with a contract MedTravelers didn't have, but usually not). MedTravelers is part of the AMN network, so there is some advantage to being part of a larger organization. Also, they seem to be on top of the requirements for each state and facility. You don't want last minute surprises when you are a traveler, and I haven't had any so far. Lastly, another pro…that southern, Texas friendliness of everyone there. I get called "ma'am"... Often. := )

Cons

Like all travel companies, they are competitive with each other, and at times pressure you. However, that hasn't happened often, and I truly think the pressure was with my interest (as well as theirs) in mind.

"Frustrating influx of new workers"

Former Employee - Recruiting Consultant in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiting Consultant in Irving, TX

Pros

Fun co workers
    Good social network outside of the office
    Ok commission structure balanced by low base salary
    Competitive environment

Cons

Constant influx of new workers
    High rate of turnover
    Call center-like environment
    Limited room for advancement outside of existing structure

Advice to Management

Increase employee development to limit turnover
    Encourage teamwork and innovation
    Provide more hands on training and opportunities for advancement in department