KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MedVet Reviews

Updated Sep 28, 2022

Found 408 of over 419 reviews

3.9
MedVet CEO Linda Lehmkuhl, DVM, MS, DACVIM (Cardiology) (no image)
Linda Lehmkuhl, DVM, MS, DACVIM (Cardiology)

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of MedVet and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Daytime Hospitalist hire

Sep 28, 2022 - Hospitalist in Dayton, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

This specific position is daytime only which for me is good having a new family. Very happy with salary and other benefits. Great support from the team of other vets, specialists, technicians, assistants and CSRs.

Cons

I am still adjusting to 10 to 12 hour shifts, but this is made up for in the fact I am home more days of the week.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Review

Sep 26, 2022 - VetTech
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity to learn and develop skills

Cons

Needed more work life balance

MedVet Response

Thank you for your review. We understand the challenging demands in the veterinary profession at this time and are committed to developing and maintaining a culture of wellbeing in our hospital. We encourage team members to take advantage of the great benefits we have that will help everyone navigate the stress of long hours and support your mental and physical health. With initiatives like complimentary subscriptions to mental wellbeing apps, our Employee Assistance Program, and the creation of a well-being room, we hope to continue to support and promote healthy ways of dealing with stress. Establishing a work life balance is important and will continue to support all full time team members in utilizing their PTO as well. Our local and regional leadership are here to support you and we welcome your feedback. We encourage you to reach out to your HR Partner, Clinical Manager or Hospital Director for further discussion. Thank you for sharing your voice.

3. 5.0

Love my Job!

Sep 21, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome teamwork Great Benefits Good Pay Great hours Room for advancement

Cons

None that I have come across

MedVet Response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Client Service Representatives at MedVet have a rewarding, yet difficult role and we are glad to hear that you are having a positive team member experience. We are also glad that you are supported with career growth, a supportive team and strong benefits. We look forward to hearing your feedback on our Employee Surveys as you continue to grow with MedVet!

4. 5.0

Everyone is like family

Sep 18, 2022 - Vet Tech in Worthington, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

This Hospital is absolutely a teaching hospital everyone is willing to help you get where you wanna be

Cons

The employee discount is all that comes to mind

MedVet Response

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are honing in on new skills and growing every day by being surrounded by a supportive and teaching team. We strive to always foster an environment that is full of growth and educational opportunities. With Teamwork being one of our core values, it's great to hear you have had such a positive experience with MedVet in that realm. Our local and regional leadership are here to support you and we welcome your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your voice.

5. 5.0

Recent hire review

Sep 13, 2022 - Veterinary Cardiologist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very welcoming team, great benefits, good hours.

Cons

Would love more opportunities to reach out to referral partners to help build my practice.

MedVet Response

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your team, schedule, and our excellent benefits. Communication is a foundation piece to a strong and healthy work environment, and it's great to hear that you're having a great experience at MedVet within that realm. MedVet is committed to serving our Referral Partners 24/7 and we recognize that this requires mindfulness around how we continue to nurture those relationships and support both their and our patient care needs in a collaborative way. We appreciate you sharing your voice and encourage you to speak with your Medical Director for further discussion.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to work and learn

Sep 5, 2022 - Veterinary Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

They definitely care about their employees. It always seemed as if professional goals were a focus. The residents are wonderful teachers and love to share their cases and experiences.

Cons

Definitely could be slow or swamped depending on the day (but thats the field). It also seemed that there were a lot of staff suffering from unmanaged burnout that really messed with the culture at times.

MedVet Response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. It is great to hear that you feel supported and that you are learning new skills through various cases. We understand the challenging demands in the veterinary profession at this time and are committed to developing and maintaining a culture of wellbeing in every hospital . We prioritize the fostering of an environment that shows compassion, empathy, and support. We strive to have leaders that promote an inclusive and collaborative environment, all while being approachable for any concerns from team members. Finding and adding new team members has been and will always been one of our highest priorities. We are aware that our teams continue to be challenged by the increased work load that the last couple of years have brought. As an organization, we have developed the career framework to grow our teams and provide opportunities that will help offset burnout. We understand that ER and Specialty medicine is intense. Our Career Framework was developed to give our clinical teams access to opportunities in whichever direction they choose to grow. We combine training and mentorship with on the job experience to develop well rounded individuals. We also have some really great benefits to help navigate stress and support your mental and physical health. With initiatives like complimentary subscriptions to mental wellbeing apps, our Employee Assistance Program, and the creation of a well-being room, we hope to continue to support and promote healthy ways of dealing with stress so everyone can be the best version of themselves when they are doing what they love.

7. 3.0

Great pay and benefits

Sep 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is no other vet clinic that can pay as well and give such great benefits.

Cons

Upper management is wonderful and helpful but lower management seems bitter and somewhat unprofessional. There is a lot of needless drama that upper management could get rid off if addressed. There is a lot of unprofessionalism like talking about other employees and being catty. There could be a great team at medvet if this were addressed. I was assured that I would be fully trained before I was expected to work on my own in my position and the training is no where close to sufficient for such an important role.

MedVet Response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear your experience at MedVet has not been up to our standards. MedVet strives to always foster an environment that is positive, teamwork-oriented, and compassionate. We are constantly evaluating ways to keep team members up to date with ongoing training and continuing education. Leadership is one of our three core values and we will continue to prioritize the development of strong, compassionate, and driven leaders within our organization. We strive to have leaders that promote an inclusive and collaborative environment, all while being approachable for any concerns from team members. We encourage you to reach out to your HR Partner, Clinical Manager or Hospital Director for further discussion. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

IT Specialist

Aug 28, 2022 - IT Specialist in Cleveland, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great veterinary industry, like the Cleveland Clinic of veterinary medicine.

Cons

Internal growth opportunities in IT are limited

MedVet Response

We are glad that you're enjoying your role and being apart of the veterinary profession. Providing the golden standard of care is what we stand for and IT Specialists play such a major role in the successful operations of our hospitals and support teams. MedVet continues to grow our current team members and provide career opportunities and we hope you have that opportunity in the future as you continue to grow in your skills. We encourage you to speak with your current manager to outline a career path for your future!

9. 3.0

CSR

Sep 10, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

enjoy working in an environment helping pets

Cons

alot of very gossiping staff members

MedVet Response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We understand the challenging demands in the veterinary profession at this time and are committed to developing and maintaining a culture of wellbeing in our hospital . We prioritize the fostering of an environment that shows compassion, empathy, and support. We strive to have leaders that promote an inclusive and collaborative environment, all while being approachable for any concerns from team members. We welcome your feedback and encourage you to bring your concerns directly to your HR Manager or Hospital Director for further discussion. We appreciate you sharing your feedback.

10. 5.0

Fantastic forward-thinking veterinary organization

Aug 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company culture, mission statement and connection to veterinary professionals across the country

Cons

Larger company meaning HR etc are slower to respond

Viewing 1 - 10 of 408 Reviews

MedVet Reviews FAQs

MedVet has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 419 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at MedVet to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, MedVet employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at MedVet. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

77% of MedVet employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MedVet 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at MedVet to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be work life balance, culture, management.

Popular Careers with MedVet Job Seekers