Medac Reviews | Glassdoor

Bellinger P. Moody

1. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in North Augusta, SC
    Former Employee - Manager in North Augusta, SC

I worked at Medac full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the people I work with. I also liked solving problems that no one else could figure out.

Cons

Upper management never lasting more than a few years. At times things could feel like a revolving door.

Advice to Management

Take your time to hire key people and invest in them. Sometimes you may get 75% of what you need and you will have to help develop the other 25%. Invest in your people.

2. "Manager"

Current Employee - Unit Manager in North Augusta, SC
    Current Employee - Unit Manager in North Augusta, SC

I have been working at Medac full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Difficult to state any pros due to the current work conditions at the company. The restrooms are nice. The colors of the logo are wonderful.

Cons

Hostile work environment. Dishonest owners and board members. The quality of patient care has declined due to cost cuts and key employees have been terrorized.

Advice to Management

Advice: Don't allow harassmebt

3. "Expects alot for nothing. EIither bullys you or you dont exist. Very onesided. Friendly employees but eveyone burnt"

Current Employee - Assistant Account Manager in North Augusta, SC
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Manager in North Augusta, SC

I have been working at Medac full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people are wonderful. For the most part all "clicks" have been broken. Employees bond and help eachother. I have made great frienda

Cons

The upper managerment is secretive. Double secret probation attitude and mindset. Not trustworthy and at times demeaning to employees. Doesnt believe in traing

Advice to Management

Talk to yout employees. Dont threaten or intimidate. Understand that if you tell them what you expect and what the company situation & goals are, the ones you want will stay and make your dream come true

5. "i won't tell you"

Current Employee - Satellite Office Clerk in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Satellite Office Clerk in Augusta, GA

Pros

It's a set schedule. No weekends/no evenings. Except the call center gets off at 8pm.

Cons

I was warned when starting 3 years ago. Depending on your manager, you may have a good one or one that will deliberately try to get you fired or pick on you for their own entertainment. Overall, morale is WAY LOW! Everyone has been looking for another job the entire time I have been there. They'll fire you for any reason. They'll fire people that have been there since the company was established, the new COO (now CEO) is from McKasson and McKasson does fraudulent billing. He's bringing others from McKasson to fill the higher positions as he fires or demotes them. Even in HR. How in the world??????

Advice to Management

Nothing good will come to the ones that are low down and doing what you are doing, and treating your employees the way you do.

6. "AR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Augusta, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Augusta, SC

Pros

You get a check and most of the people are great to work with.

Cons

Senior Leadership, if you can call it Leadership, is reactive and irrational. CEO needs people skills and anger management classes. Tenure at the company means nothing to them anymore. Company needs financial overhaul and better communication.

Advice to Management

Stabilize your workforce. People need to have security. I highly doubt Senior Leadership is going to assist working AR and billing out charges when you are left with incompetent people because everyone is leaving. Fix one issue at a time and groom your employees. Tell them the truth and keep your promises. Stop hiring high level individuals that everyone has to educate, promote from within.

7. "In my honest opinion"

Former Employee - AR Billing Specialist in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - AR Billing Specialist in Augusta, GA

I worked at Medac full-time

Pros

Good location, decent benefits, I worked with a great team

Cons

Favoritism, high turnover rate, freeze on raises, paid lower than most, if you do something management doesn't like they find ways to retaliate (denying time off requests, giving easy work to their favorites...you have to constantly watch your back.

Advice to Management

Remember some of you all had to start at the bottom as well. Take care of your reps and they will in turn take care of you.

8. "PSR"

Former Employee - PSR in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - PSR in Augusta, GA

I worked at Medac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met a lot of people who I would not trade for anything. I have developed friendships that will last a life time.

Cons

Management sucks. Back biting, no respect. Lack of training. If you are not a favorite you will not get ahead.

Advice to Management

Be professional. High school was so long ago. Grow up. The major 'thief' us find now. Step up your game.

9. "Terrible"

Former Employee - Billing Clerk in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Billing Clerk in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

I used to work independently. They have some days off like mlk day and the eve of Christmas and new years

Cons

Where do I even start. I was an employee here for 4 and a half years and I was treated terrible. I used to pick up charges from hospitals and surgery centers and for about a 4 month period they didn't pay me expense check. My boss told me the first year i should get a raise and I didn't get one for 3 and a half years and you better believe the raise was a joke. The upper management is the worst. They have 2 weeks to take care of something that should take 5 minutes. They are extremely disorganized. I worked for a satellite office in Philadelphia and the main campus is in GA, I just picture them all walking around sucking their thumbs walking into walls because work never got done on that side. I gave my 2 weeks notice and they jipped me on my last paycheck and they didn't pay out my vacation hours. Don't work here. If they say they'll give you a raise, it will only be 20 cents per year. They don't value hard work. The dumber you are, the better the position you'll get. Oh and there isn't a way to move up in the company. These ladies keep their positions and never leave. Terrible benefits and awful insurance.

Advice to Management

Learn to at least act like you care about your employees. Everyone that puts in hard work everyday for almost 5 years should be valued a little more

10. "Billing Specialist"

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Harlem, GA
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Harlem, GA

Pros

Pleasure of assisting clients with medical records

Cons

Lack of benefits that were available

Advice to Management

NA

11. "Worst Employer I've Ever Had"

Former Employee - A/R Billing Specialist in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - A/R Billing Specialist in Augusta, GA

I worked at Medac full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The schedule is decent with holidays off.

Cons

Management is horrible and very unprofessional! Depending on who your manager is, they think they can talk to you any kind of way. The pay sucks for all of the work they have you performing! There is no room for advancement b/c they already know who they are going to put in the positions that are open. The managers tell nothing but lies and show favoritism... Managers keep upper management out of the loop with this bull, so upper management has no idea about everything that goes on!

Advice to Management

New management is needed and this company needs to be rebuild from top to bottom with new management. Such a sickening place...