Medac Reviews | Glassdoor

Bellinger P. Moody

1. "Horrible Pit"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

I worked at Medac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Drawing a paycheck is better than unemployment. That's it.

Cons

Lies, deceit, backstabbing, Finance, Human Resources, disgusting bathroom where 250 women share 4 bathroom stalls, no respect, policies that are enforced for some people, they outsource to India and lie about it, incompetent people who will never leave yet no one will fire them either, the building has mold, the insurance keeps going up because 80%of the employees are morbidly obese and everyone there smokes so claims are sky high - of course this affects premiums for the employees and not the Executives......horrible place to work

2. "Medac is not a good working enviroment."

Pros

There is no Pros at working at Medac.

Cons

There is no Management at Medac. There is no team work.

3. "Worst Employer I've Ever Had"

Former Employee - A/R Billing Specialist in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - A/R Billing Specialist in Augusta, GA

I worked at Medac full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The schedule is decent with holidays off.

Cons

Management is horrible and very unprofessional! Depending on who your manager is, they think they can talk to you any kind of way. The pay sucks for all of the work they have you performing! There is no room for advancement b/c they already know who they are going to put in the positions that are open. The managers tell nothing but lies and show favoritism... Managers keep upper management out of the loop with this bull, so upper management has no idea about everything that goes on!

Advice to Management

New management is needed and this company needs to be rebuild from top to bottom with new management. Such a sickening place...

5. "Billing Specialist"

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Harlem, GA
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Harlem, GA

Pros

Pleasure of assisting clients with medical records

Cons

Lack of benefits that were available

Advice to Management

NA

6. "Terrible"

Former Employee - Billing Clerk in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Billing Clerk in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

I used to work independently. They have some days off like mlk day and the eve of Christmas and new years

Cons

Where do I even start. I was an employee here for 4 and a half years and I was treated terrible. I used to pick up charges from hospitals and surgery centers and for about a 4 month period they didn't pay me expense check. My boss told me the first year i should get a raise and I didn't get one for 3 and a half years and you better believe the raise was a joke. The upper management is the worst. They have 2 weeks to take care of something that should take 5 minutes. They are extremely disorganized. I worked for a satellite office in Philadelphia and the main campus is in GA, I just picture them all walking around sucking their thumbs walking into walls because work never got done on that side. I gave my 2 weeks notice and they jipped me on my last paycheck and they didn't pay out my vacation hours. Don't work here. If they say they'll give you a raise, it will only be 20 cents per year. They don't value hard work. The dumber you are, the better the position you'll get. Oh and there isn't a way to move up in the company. These ladies keep their positions and never leave. Terrible benefits and awful insurance.

Advice to Management

Learn to at least act like you care about your employees. Everyone that puts in hard work everyday for almost 5 years should be valued a little more

7. "PSR"

Former Employee - PSR in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - PSR in Augusta, GA

I worked at Medac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met a lot of people who I would not trade for anything. I have developed friendships that will last a life time.

Cons

Management sucks. Back biting, no respect. Lack of training. If you are not a favorite you will not get ahead.

Advice to Management

Be professional. High school was so long ago. Grow up. The major 'thief' us find now. Step up your game.

8. "AR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Augusta, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Augusta, SC

Pros

You get a check and most of the people are great to work with.

Cons

Senior Leadership, if you can call it Leadership, is reactive and irrational. CEO needs people skills and anger management classes. Tenure at the company means nothing to them anymore. Company needs financial overhaul and better communication.

Advice to Management

Stabilize your workforce. People need to have security. I highly doubt Senior Leadership is going to assist working AR and billing out charges when you are left with incompetent people because everyone is leaving. Fix one issue at a time and groom your employees. Tell them the truth and keep your promises. Stop hiring high level individuals that everyone has to educate, promote from within.

9. "i won't tell you"

Current Employee - Satellite Office Clerk in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Satellite Office Clerk in Augusta, GA

Pros

It's a set schedule. No weekends/no evenings. Except the call center gets off at 8pm.

Cons

I was warned when starting 3 years ago. Depending on your manager, you may have a good one or one that will deliberately try to get you fired or pick on you for their own entertainment. Overall, morale is WAY LOW! Everyone has been looking for another job the entire time I have been there. They'll fire you for any reason. They'll fire people that have been there since the company was established, the new COO (now CEO) is from McKasson and McKasson does fraudulent billing. He's bringing others from McKasson to fill the higher positions as he fires or demotes them. Even in HR. How in the world??????

Advice to Management

Nothing good will come to the ones that are low down and doing what you are doing, and treating your employees the way you do.

10. "AR Billing Specialist"

I worked at Medac full-time

Pros

Enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers

Cons

They did not care about their employees, upper management had their favorites and loved to gossip. No incentives at all

Advice to Management

Treat everyone equal. Provide incentives for your employees

11. "Manager"

Current Employee - Unit Manager in North Augusta, SC
    Current Employee - Unit Manager in North Augusta, SC

I have been working at Medac full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Difficult to state any pros due to the current work conditions at the company. The restrooms are nice. The colors of the logo are wonderful.

Cons

Hostile work environment. Dishonest owners and board members. The quality of patient care has declined due to cost cuts and key employees have been terrorized.

Advice to Management

Advice: Don't allow harassmebt