Medallia Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 270 reviews

3.5
Medallia CEO Leslie Stretch
Leslie Stretch
Pros
  • "Great learning environment, and great culture(in 26 reviews)

• "The company offers a decent work/life balance in several (but not all) teams(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "1- As we are the path toward IPO, work-life balance is definitely a challenge(in 15 reviews)

• "Some growing pains with organization now over 1000 employees(in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Opportunity with normal growing pains"

I have been working at Medallia full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Company prospects are great. We have product / market fit verified/recognized by top analyst in the space. The customer brand names, retention, and ACV per is just amazing! 1st class. Smart, smart, smart talent.

Cons

Perhaps waiting too long before transitioning from 'startup' to late stage/mature company. Taking too long to make hard but necessary decisions for the greater good of the company in the past but that seems to improving.

"Awesome vision but challenging work/life balance"

I have been working at Medallia

Pros

1- Amazing goals to transform customer and employee experiences. The best customers experiences you have had are likely as a result of Medallia in the hotels, resorts, businesses, etc 2- Competitive pay 3- Good people and challenging work

Cons

1- As we are the path toward IPO, work-life balance is definitely a challenge. 2- decent food for lunch 3- no matching 401k

Advice to Management

Invest in all your employees in all locations and recognize your best people will burn out if things if they continue to work weekends and holidays. Continue to make smart decisions and continue invest engineering and products in San Mateo as they are making a difference (See Forrester) Focus on growth and push sales and marketing.

"G&A"

I have been working at Medallia

Pros

Nice offices (this perk is about to be taken away) Great central location Catered lunches

Cons

-No transparency -Cost conscience to the point of being penny wise pound foolish. Moving out of offices we’ve built out to we works! How embarrassing! - While we’ve gained a new CFO, we’ve lost a major executive in the acct organization who has many years of valuable experience. The group is now managed by a child.

March 11, 2019EVP and CFO

Thank you for your feedback. We are definitely in the process of making important changes to better support our business going forward. Our goal has been and will continue to be to manage our costs responsibly so we can best serve our customers, Medallians and grow our company. ...

"Market Leading Platform. Incredible co-workers. Great place to be"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Medallia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Market leader, CX is a relatively new space and Medallia is a clear leader. Our platform is ideal for Enterprise clients. We can have a real impact on our customers' bottom line and help them create raving fans. My co-workers are great people who genuinely care about me as a person, the company and our customers. New CEO is a no-nonsense guy who is making changes that seem to have been needed. I have a very positive...

Cons

Our messaging could be simplified and easier to explain The training here is undergoing a change but as a relatively new salesperson at Medallia I think it could be better. Our pricing needs to be streamlined. No 401K match today

"Decent (Aging) Platform but Very Inexperienced Sales Management Team"

Former Employee - Sales in Northeast, NY

I worked at Medallia full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Highly rated (but aging) platform Nice, helpful people at headquarters who want to help

Cons

Sales Management team is VERY inexperienced and lack the ability to lead an area sales team Many promises of going IPO that have been going on for a long time Culture away from headquarters is totally different and not for the better... Advice to salespeople considering a move here...check the turnover rates and reach out to any former Sales Director for candid feedback

Advice to Management

Take an honest inventory of your Sales Management and Solutions Consulting team to weed out the inexperience...this will have a positive effect on your Sales Dir turnover issues

"Engineering in this company is a joke!"

Former Employee - Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Medallia full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Pre-IPO company with not very many prospects.

Cons

The architects at Medallia could barely qualify for staff engineer position in any other silicon valley company. All of them have risen due to brown nosing rather than accomplishing something significant. If you are not from Argentina you do not belong here.

"Good company/opportunity almost outweighed by growing pains"

I have been working at Medallia full-time

Pros

Leading company and product in a great industry, company in position for an IPO, good and helpful people, great customers

Cons

Lots of growing pains, inexperienced management (hires) worsened by high turnover, company has a lot to figure out with internal processes and support, poor communication and alignment across the board, politics play a factor in these. Surprisingly weak structure for a company of this size and maturity

Advice to Management

If you can't hire experienced managers or leaders, develop better ongoing training and support to set up teams for success. Improve cross functional coordination and actually invest in sales operations and enablement. Currently there's close to none and will get worse as the company grows in size and offerings

"Great Vision but challenging work/ life balance and bad paternity leave policy"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Medallia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is a leader in the CX Space. Awesome talent and really good product.

Cons

High attrition rate and Employee experience is very poor.Not much family/ work life balance and bad policies on Paternity leaves.

Advice to Management

HR should have good policy on Paternity break and have good work lifebalance

February 28, 2019EVP & Chief People Officer

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Glassdoor. At Medallia, our practice has been to offer parental leave of absence/new baby bonding time benefits consistent with and competitive to market practice. However, I’m also happy to convey that our team is continually evolving our ...

"Fantastic and super smart people"

I have been working at Medallia full-time

Pros

Love working with my current team of professional, intelligent and experienced individuals. We learn a lot from one another and openly share our learning experiences, positive or otherwise.

Cons

Management is overly consumed with financials versus focusing on the customer experience...which is a little ironic.

Advice to Management

Take care of (recognize AND reward) the employees who work hard and produce results.

"Used to be an amazing company; special place to grow your skills and career."

Former Employee - Specialist and Manager

I worked at Medallia full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

*Interesting technology *Feeling of teamwork (prior to 2018) *Opportunity to develop and grow (prior to 2018) *Feeling of teamwork and trust (prior to 2018)

Cons

*Stay away from People & Culture. HR leadership does not role model the refreshed Company Values.

Advice to Management

*Figure out why the company was special prior to 2018 and replicate that. It used to be a special place and I'm grateful for the opportunities I was provided. Look into the practices and leadership of People & Culture, pull the covers back before it it too late. Ultimately, I really do care about the company and people and want everyone to be successful.

February 14, 2019Chief People Officer

Hello, Thanks for sharing your concerns about how the company culture, practices and processes are evolving as we grow and scale. As you correctly state, there have been changes over the past year, 2018, that have directly impacted some of the company's past practices. Some ...

Found 270 reviews