Medallia Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

4.1
Medallia President and Chief Executive Officer Leslie Stretch
Leslie Stretch
Pros
  • "Great culture, great people, I feel empowered as an employee(in 30 reviews)

• "The benefits and great people to learn from(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The company is going through many growing pains so be ready to take on many roles, responsibilities and requirements you're not used to doing as a PM(in 26 reviews)

• "There is a large division between the Mid Market and Enterprise team, so your career path may feel limited if you are in Mid Market(in 24 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Medallia and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Incredible Company delivering great experiences

Dec 7, 2020 - Pre Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment and support from the executive leadership team understanding impact to family and work life balance during COVID

Cons

There are no cons to share

2. 5.0

Great Company

May 6, 2021 - Senior Manager, Customer Success
      Business Outlook

Pros

Product is great, provides real and measurable value to our customers. Leadership cares about the employees and shows it. Continuously bringing on new Products, allowing Medallia to provide even more value to customers. A true differentiator.

Cons

Slow to really integrate new acquisitions into the Medallia ecosystem. A ton of value there, hard to show it.

3. 2.0

Identity Crisis

Mar 11, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive compensation and benefits Mature workforce CEO Work life balance Remote organization pre-pandemic

Cons

Overall: Medallia has become a portfolio of startups which has lead to an identity crisis and has created friction across the organization. Here are the other areas that stand out: Product: Platform is composed of many startups and their technologies, meaning the platform does not seamlessly integrate with itself nor is built/hosted on one singular infrastructure making it difficult to serve clients, operate internally, and retro fit the messaging with the state of the business today. Training: Training is outdated, too high level, and ineffective given the rate of acquisition. This has resulted in longer client cycles, implementations, and cross functional conversations. Psychological Safety: Major lack of diversity in the revenue organization. Efforts are being made since the BLM movement but Medallia is still in it’s infancy when it comes to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, so there is much to learn, much to develop, and many mistakes to be made. If our nation’s history is any indication, the effects of not hiring a diverse set of leaders and employees over the past 20 years will have its impact well into the next few decades. Culture: There is a silence culture and a boys club. It’s a sink or swim type of organization operating on tribal knowledge.

15 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hands down, best company I've worked for

Apr 20, 2021 - Sales Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and inclusivity Feedback company that actually takes employee feedback and applies it to build an already great company even better with new perks. Great leadership team.

Cons

With many products and new products and acquisitions, it can be challenging to navigate the org sometimes.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing company, poised for growth

Apr 21, 2021 - Director of Product Marketing in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of room for growth. Fail fast culture with aggressive goals and expectations.

Cons

Not really a con from my perspective but might be for some. There aren't always process or structure in place. You have to be comfortable figuring out things as you go. I love it, I'm never bored.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

great culture and teammates, not competitive pay and benefits

Apr 27, 2021 - Customer Org
      Business Outlook

Pros

amazing culture, collaborative team mates, 401k match, has equity benefits, there's always something new to work on

Cons

No annual bonus. Hard to get promoted, but the responsibilities keep piling on. Increase is very small. Parental package haven't been updated in a long time, not competitive at all and you had to pay a large co pay to give birth.

7. 5.0

Great place to work!

Apr 18, 2021 - Solutions Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture, amazing talent. Love working here

Cons

Growing company experiencing small amount of growing pains. Sometimes wants to operate like a small org

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Not the same place, and that is not a bad thing

Aug 13, 2020 - Manager - Engineering in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with Medallia for over 5 years. It is not the same company it was then, and that is neither good nor bad. It has grown and changed to meet the demands on it. I miss the days when we were private and information could be shared openly. But now that we are a public company we can't know some things until they are public. When I joined, Engineering was undisciplined and putting out fires every Monday morning. The current Engineering leadership knows how to manage people and projects. Sure, things still go wrong, but when they do, they are addressed and fixed. It is nice to work in a culture in Engineering where you can (now) trust leaders to listen and look out for you. One thing I really appreciate is the emphasis on hiring the right person and not just hiring a worker. I was very wary of the new C-suite, especially as the old guard were replaced by friends of the CEO, but they have grown on me and I now trust them to do the right thing. I now believe the changes were necessary and good. I like the direction we are going.

Cons

Hiring seems to be focused on outside of the U.S. This means more Zoom meetings and less opportunity to get to know your colleagues and staff. (On the plus you do learn more about other cultures.) I miss the old culture that emphasized personal growth and concern for the individual, but sometimes it went way too far. Now it sometimes feels to have gone too far the other way, yet, that is what I expect from a public company.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Company that cares

Apr 11, 2021 - Professional Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work do a company that values you as a person, your time, and your contributions. Great culture, support, diversity,

Cons

Growing fast so things change rapidly.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

They mean what they say when they ask to hire the WHOLE PERSON!

Mar 25, 2021 - Solutions Consultant in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaboration, Benefits, PTO, Inclusive, Great onboarding

Cons

I am new to the role and have yet to find a complaint!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 412 Reviews