KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Medallia

Engaged Employer

Medallia

Add a Review

Medallia Employee Reviews about "career path"

Updated Nov 22, 2021

Found 34 of over 674 reviews

3.8
Medallia President and Chief Executive Officer Leslie Stretch
Leslie Stretch

What people are saying about Medallia

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Inexperienced management.(in 24 reviews)
  • "No clear career path for solutions managers (i.e.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Bad managers seem to be an epidemic here.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Brutal Layoffs at the beginning of the year, most people hadn't even been at the company a year.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Transparency and broad, proactive communication about changes that affect the teams and/or strategy would go a long way towards building accountability within the Austin office.(in 7 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Medallia and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "career path"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee

High-growth company in expanding space experiencing growing pains

Aug 2, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leading company with great product in a rapidly expanding space means that there is lots of promise and opportunity. Can be a great place to work if you are relatively new to the workforce, or an established executive at a company that is "proven", having been through this growth stage before, and looking for a new challenge.

Cons

Career path for mid-senior level managers is not clear as senior level roles are filled from outside. Culture has changed a lot due to fast growth - used to be very flat organization with accessible execs, now there is a lot of hierarchy and stratification between senior management and rest of the company.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nice co-workers and free food.

Mar 2, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers are nice Free food

Cons

No real career path (especially if you aren’t a transfer from the North American office or have not ‘grown up’ at Medallia ) Inexperienced management. One constantly needs to ‘manage up’. Sweeping issues with employees under the table/dealing with these very poorly. It’s not a big office. People aren’t stupid. News travels. Not the worst things in the world but still, emotionally draining and a tad soul crushing.

13 people found this review helpful

Medallia Response

SVP & Head of PS EMEA

Thank you for your feedback via Glassdoor, and for taking the time to leave a review - we listen carefully to all feedback. We’re in the process of making important changes to better support our business going forward. We know how important career development is to our Medallians and through our performance and talent reviews, internal mobility and organisational restructuring, we are constantly seeking to offer new developmental opportunities. If you have any concerns that you are not able to share with your manager, you should feel free to raise with our Head of People & Culture in EMEA, Oli Husemeyer, or please do reach out to me directly if you would like to talk further about your experience. The EMEA Leadership team are constantly evaluating our internal practices to ensure we maintain a best-in class standard and a growth mindset, so we can best serve our customers and Medallians. We’ll certainly take your feedback on board as we continue to ensure that our Medallians are cared for and enabled, particularly in the moments that matter most. Best, Hayley Kershaw

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great team and culture, going downhill post-acquisition

Apr 1, 2022 - Technical Support Engineer in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

- 100% remote, no pressure to RTO even after the pandemic situation subsides - Amazing colleagues who are always happy to help, manager genuinely cares about your progress and growth - Solid WLB, never had to work past 9-5, able to offset extra minutes/hours worked by coming in late/leaving early the next day - Great benefits, 20 days PTO, WFH equipment stipend, medical/dental, quarterly mental health day which adds up to 4 extra days off per year

Cons

- Ambiguous career path and promotion track. While working towards and justifying promotion/salary raise, I couldn't get a clear definition of what comprises achievements that are beyond my role as goalposts shift so often. No clear answer either when I asked for quantifiable goals. - Management has hyped up Thoma Bravo acquisition to be super-amazing but rank and file staff are clearly not the ones benefitting from this. Empty positions in my team are not being backfilled and workload/responsibilities are increasing but comp stays the same. - Comp is not competitive anymore and salary reviews are ambiguous post TB-acquisition. - C-Suite is not transparent

5 people found this review helpful

Medallia Response

We are very sorry to hear about your experience at Medallia. One of our core principles is putting people first — it's critical to our culture, and it guides our decision-making and how we operate as a team. We are committed to acting in the best interest of our employees and leading and communicating authentically.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Senior Analyst, Customer Solutions

Oct 5, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture Good work life balance, very flexible