KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Medallia Employee Reviews about "colleague"

Updated Aug 6, 2022

Found 1 of over 674 reviews

3.8
Medallia President and Chief Executive Officer Leslie Stretch
Leslie Stretch

What people are saying about Medallia

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Inexperienced management.(in 24 reviews)
  • "No clear career path for solutions managers (i.e.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Bad managers seem to be an epidemic here.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Brutal Layoffs at the beginning of the year, most people hadn't even been at the company a year.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Transparency and broad, proactive communication about changes that affect the teams and/or strategy would go a long way towards building accountability within the Austin office.(in 7 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Medallia and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "colleague"

Nov 15, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fancy yogurt, open vacation plan, nicest IT team I've ever encountered, dried pineapple things, Cal Train pass, decent office space

Cons

I've been in implementations for more than a couple of years now and have seen some huge changes in leadership and I wouldn't say those changes are for the better. At the very top of implementations, leadership encourages everyone to manage up and self-promote, and this has ruined the culture on this team. Everyone's angling for attention and the focus is no longer on working as a team and doing quality work anymore. Leadership in implementations has brought a very childish and immature quality to this team and it's been getting worse over time. Bad managers seem to be an epidemic here. There are teams in implementations that are really suffering. We're seeing a lot of talent leave and it's openly acknowledged that their people managers are the reason why. But we don't see any action being taken here. I've had more than one colleague ask their HRBP's for help only to have those HRBP's fail them and do everything to preserve a bad people manager. And just so you know, these colleagues left because they couldn't take working under a bad manager anymore. Not only do we have bad people managers but we have bad HRBP's as well. It's also clear that a lot of the decisions made here are reactive or not at all thought out. When we were given a mandate to be billable, no one thought about how to execute on that and if it was possible for everyone to be billable AND for us to stay on budget with our projects. Pro tip: going to an all hands and having everyone spend half an hour of unbillable time looking at vacation photos is not going to help with making us more billable. In looking through the reviews posted here, it's concerning that the response to a negative review is one of surprise when that sort of sentiment is becoming the norm here. The same applies to our employee survey. It's always the same where we take the survey, leaders give it some lip service for a couple of weeks acting surprised at any low scoring topic, and then little to nothing comes of it. Considering we're a survey company, this is concerning. It's also concerning that our survey was delayed this year due to 'technical' difficulties. It's also concerning that we hear of leaders trying to figure out who wrote what response on the employee survey. Wouldn't it be more productive to spend that time trying to address the survey feedback and do something positive instead? Additional cons: constant re-orgs, work is a grind, no 401K matching, compensation is below average, internal transfer process is a joke (re: requirement to notify your manager before you even know if you can transfer), politics as far as the eye can see, promotions are based on who you rub elbows with not how good you are at your job, way too many boat references

44 people found this review helpful

Medallia Response

President

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I’m sorry you’re frustrated with the Implementations team. It is always disheartening when people are unhappy with their experiences here. Contrary to your belief, we are aware that our rapid growth – and commensurate rate of organizational change – has caused strain in Professional Services. Please know that it is our top priority to address those concerns. I agree there is some inconsistency in our leadership talent. As I have commented elsewhere on Glassdoor, we will be investing heavily in leadership coaching and development as well as in other training in the coming year. I also want to applaud the implementations team. Despite all the growth and change, the team has continued to deliver, consistently achieving a 100% success rate, sky-high customer NPS, and low team member attrition. I’d love to find a way to improve your personal experience. As you know, there are multiple teams within Implementations and Professional Services and a process for requesting a new manager. If you are not comfortable talking to your current manager, you can go to skip level office hours, which are offered regularly, to request a transfer. Finally, our HR Business Partners are here to help our people continually get better, not protect or preserve poor people managers. HRBPs must walk a delicate balance between advocating for employees, coaching managers, sharing difficult feedback with leadership teams, and assisting in organizational design and planning. If you’re not comfortable speaking with the HRBP dedicated to Professional Services, then I encourage you to speak with HRBPs for other departments, or with our new People & Culture leader, Christy Lake. It’s important that you have a trusted channel of communication. As always, I also welcome an open conversation, either in-person or over email. It is my top priority to make Medallia a place where employees feel inspired by their work, colleagues, leaders, and mission. Please do contact me directly. - A BTW, thank you for calling out our world-class IT team! I agree they do excellent work and have handled the many challenges thrown their way with grace and skill. We are extraordinarily lucky to have them.

Viewing 1 - 1 of 1 Reviews