KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Medallia Employee Reviews about "match"

Updated Aug 6, 2022

Found 10 of over 674 reviews

3.8
Medallia President and Chief Executive Officer Leslie Stretch
Leslie Stretch

What people are saying about Medallia

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Inexperienced management.(in 24 reviews)
  • "No clear career path for solutions managers (i.e.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Bad managers seem to be an epidemic here.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Brutal Layoffs at the beginning of the year, most people hadn't even been at the company a year.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Transparency and broad, proactive communication about changes that affect the teams and/or strategy would go a long way towards building accountability within the Austin office.(in 7 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Medallia and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "match"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

This is my dream job

Apr 18, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Benefits: Competitive salary, fantastic health insurance (for U.S.), mental health days, unlimited PTO with a culture that encourages you to take it - Culture: Everyone is helpful, fun, and understands that there's a world outside of work. I've also never worked anywhere (in 15 years) that was so genuinely committed to DEI. - Work: I really enjoy my projects here. I also appreciate that everyone gets recognized for their ideas and the work they produce.

Cons

- This is hardly a dealbreaker, but there aren't consistent opportunities to get to know Medallians outside of your own team, such as hosting fun Slack channels or weekly (virtual) happy hours.

2 people found this review helpful

Medallia Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are glad you value the efforts we have put into creating a positive and welcoming company culture.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic firm

Jun 9, 2022 - Data Scientist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined very recently and couldn't be happier with my choice. I was looking to find a place that is challenging, growth oriented, with a solid culture -- Medallia (especially Sense360!) is exactly that, and more. Below are the main themes that stood out to me in the first month. 1) People: this is an excellent tech company with hard working, smart, and FUN people who make you feel like you belong from day 1. Every colleague I've had the pleasure of interacting with is simply a good human being who is willing to learn, listen, share, and collaborate. All of the people at the management level that I've met so far have a vision-driven sense of direction, are very down to earth, and genuinely/actively interested in your growth. Last but not least, best onboarding experience ever! 2) Growth: plenty of modern tech to get exposed to, with a treasure trove of knowledge to absorb. Career progression in the data science realm appears transparent: there is a number of teams engaged with different initiatives (AI, ML, NLP - you name it), and moving from one to another might be one of the ways to grow years down the line, if interested. 3) Work / Life balance: it's unbelievable how many benefits Medallia offers. Quarterly mental days off, generous PTO from year 1. Up to 3 months, if I'm not mistaken, of parental leave. Partner apps for mental health / physical activity / legal advice / parental journey. Decent health insurance and a day off for volunteering. 401k matching. Occasional virtual team building activities, generous budget for home office set up. I just feel so supported and grateful to be part of the company that genuinely cares and walks the talk.

Cons

I sometimes wish there were ways to meet the Team in person, something along the lines of biannual fly-ins for roadmap brainstorming, for example, or maybe open physical office space for an occasional drop in (I'm on the East coast). I know it's an expensive wish list, though, and not sure how big of an ROI it would bring.

3. 4.0

Sell The Dream, Service The Nightmare

Jul 30, 2022 - Customer Success in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Good work-life balance -Fully remote work life is encouraged and supported -Equitable pay for some positions -Good people in HR that genuinely care for employee well-being -Lots of smart people at Medallia -Plenty of opportunity for CSMs to get in front of customers and shine

Cons

-Operates in seemingly constant state of chaos despite being a 21 year old company -CEO is a pure sales guy who brags about his toys and homes in all-hands meetings as a way to inspire the sales masses -More celebration and focus on Formula 1 marketing partnerships than things that actually matter...like our customers. -Tons of turnover and attrition since company went private in '21, massive loss of institutional knowledge -Customers are sold the dream scenario for products without realizing they need to invest in services hours, then CS is left to deal with the nightmare fallout post purchase -Medallia continues to buy other companies with no focused vision or outcome aside from potentially going public again in a few years(?)

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

If you're on a big account or have a difficult client, get ready for a poor work/life balance

Aug 6, 2022 - Technical Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone is normally very nice and always willing to help - I've gotten the chance to work with very smart and capable coworkers

Cons

- Have had to give up Friday nights and cancel many plans after work for having to work late - Currently the company is having issues with people resigning or leaving Medallia and it's causing huge strains across the Professional Service teams - So far when the company makes plans for trainings or take team members out for lunch, I don't have any time to be able to attend or take advantage of those times with the workload that's on my plate. - Yes they are many challenges that can help you develop your problem solving skills but get ready for very convoluted systems and rushed implementations that have you mentally drained day in and day out.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work

Jul 20, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO genuinely seems to advocate for employees interests (healthcare, commutes, 401k, etc.) Engineering seems relatively solid, with a lot of things done in-house which gives greater hands-on experience

Cons

Some teams focused on legacy product maintenance, execs have a bit of typical CEO-speak communication.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to get a head start

Jul 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to build skills

Cons

Management can be stuffy due to acquisition

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good Place to Work, but losing some of it's shine

Jul 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

High quality of professionalism between peers, dynamic environment with a lot of opportunity.

Cons

Ever since the Thoma Bravo takeover, Medallia has been squeezing its professional services organization to deliver more with less resources.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

After buyout there was a rush to the door

Jul 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Was a fun place to work for a while

Cons

After the buyout anyone worth a damn movesd quickly to the door, and what was left became a toxic environment. For a company that markets themselves as an employee experience company, they ignored the internal feedback of their own employee experience

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Current Employee

Culture

Aug 1, 2022 - Accounting
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture was great and most people

Cons

Direct management is new and opposite of company overall culture

Be the first to find this review helpful
  10. 2.0

I would avoid Sales

Jul 23, 2022 - Sales Director in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Very bright and engaging people - Company focus on well being of employees - The solution is top notch, but more expensive than peers - Sales comp is aligned to industry if you're able to make your number (big IF)

Cons

- There's 2 camps for sales. Those that been here for multiple years and those that haven't. You either get treated with preference (which is earned) or you sink or swim. Sales management understands this by hiring more and more sales people knowing that they will lose a lot of new people - Very little leads - you grind it out all the time. Unless you're assigned some established accounts - Sales management is a very Bro Culture - very insular, little transparency and self serving. It feels disingenuous - Company growth strategy seems to be buying smaller companies and driving business with their products -Horizon looks murky due to economy - this is not a must have solution

5 people found this review helpful