Medco Health Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Medco Health CEO George Paz
George Paz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home option, high pay, good bonus structure, flexible hours (in 33 reviews)

• Laid back culture, good work life balance depending on your department, decent cafeteria on campus (in 17 reviews)

Cons

1. "Good riddance! Would rate it '0' stars."

Former Employee - Pharmacist in Willingboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Pharmacist in Willingboro, NJ

I worked at Medco Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Regular hours, good base pay, opportunity for overtime with extra pay, scheduled breaks and paid time off. Friendly coworkers when in a closed environment.

Cons

Worker intimidation by both staff and management. Could not work at own pace or voice opinion without repercussions. Threat of physical intimidation was constant and workers were arranging themselves along racial and ethnic lines even to the extent of suppressing others because they do not fit in to those cliques.

Advice to Management

Glad this company is no more having been merged with Expressed Scripts.

2. "yuck"

Pros

great place to work till they sold to esi...

Cons

horrible place to work always felt like you were going to loose your job

Advice to Management

care more about your employees

3. "Terrible"

Current Employee - Data Entry Associate
    Current Employee - Data Entry Associate

I have been working at Medco Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's a job and the people you work with are really nice. Have met some really great people and formed some good friendships.

Cons

Unless you are one of the chosen, you don't count, no way to learn more or move up! It's all about numbers and not about members. It's all about the money that is not passed on to the employees. Managers are a joke, all you here is how bad we do( but who made you your billions!). Do not care about your life problems, will not work with you. Morale is very low. It's like the place just sucks your soul out of you when you walk in the door. You have to wonder every day if it is your last. Very stressful job.

Advice to Management

At least support you employees in some way! Get new supervisors

4. "100 - 0 "real quick""

Current Employee - Production Clerk in Florence, NJ
    Current Employee - Production Clerk in Florence, NJ

I have been working at Medco Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My schedule. I work 4dys (10 hrs) and i have 3 straight days off. I see my family more and I feel reengized.

Cons

Everything else!!! I worked as a system coordinator for over 10 yrs for Medco Health Solutions. I loved my pay, the atmosphere, and co workers. As soon as ESI brought us out they cut everything. They laid off many great loyal workers. They are in the process of closing the Willingboro facility and relocating some of us to Florence. For my department we were told take a $5 pay cut or walk. Management told us at the new facility there is no automation (machine operators) only basic jobs such as packing, warehouse, etc. This was there justification for demotion, however that was a big lie. As soon as you go on the production floor you see automated machines that we are running. I do appreciate having a job especially in this economy, and I suppose it's not the worst job but trust me when I tell you ESI just don't care about anybody.

Advice to Management

What else can I tell them that they already know? They know exactly what going on because they are the ones who created the negative culture that breeds our dissatisfaction.

"Stay away they don't care about their people"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, IT
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, IT

I have been working at Medco Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nothing even their benefits changed for the worse when Esi acquired Medco

Cons

Benefits you are stuck with hra an for $3500 for you and your wife that you have to pay from your pocket, they help with $1500
    High turnaround
    No career progression unless you are the teacher's pet
    No raises for good employees

Advice to Management

Go away!

6. "FYI"

Pros

Great before ESRX took over

Cons

EXRX is nothing except numbers for performance instead of ethics

Advice to Management

Watch out for lawsuits from custmers because you get docked for staying on the phone over your time alloted.

"Express scripts is the Walmart of PBM's"

Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Medco Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I was at Medco back when it was still Merck Medco 11 years ago and then independently Medco. The culture of the call centers was one of truly helping the customer and educating them on benefits. People liked their job, benefits, and coworkers. All those things are gone now.

Cons

After the merger with Express Scripts it became clear quickly that they are all about the money. Every decision made was done from a financial standpoint. Many SOP's we had for assisting members was struck down or revised because they cost money even though they were the right way to treat members and do business. Entire departments were laid off via conference call and policies changed to justify not needing people anymore. Policies like reducing the quality requirements of many different aspects of business. For example entire compliance departments being let go because 'we stopped having compliance issues." What really happened is that under Medco, we had dozens of different scenarios where there could be violations that would need people to research how they happened and put in fixes...ESI changed the definition of what they considered a violation to be very narrow and only a handful of things so suddenly, oh look! We don't need all these people to fix problems anymore because we don't consider them problems. Also their email dept was abysmal with low quality requirements compared to Medco's yet the majority of Medco's email reps were laid off with no notice in favor of ESI's lesser quality service. Their reps are required to do less and answer less emails than Medco. Things like that really killed morale and made Medco people feel like they were being forced to give crappy service

Advice to Management

Management won't listen to advice and if you challenge them they'll target you for termination. They micromanage people to death. Everyone there is on some sort of anti-depressant or another. To be a manager there, they really have to have no soul.

8. "Negatives vs .... Negatives?"

Current Employee - Warehouse in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Medco Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Its still a medco staff. family orientated.

Cons

Its all about the money not the customer. Their pockets before your well being.

Advice to Management

Paz, your in it for the wrong reasons.

9. "Keeps getting worse"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Henderson, NV
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Medco Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The money is not that bad. The benefits are ok too. It used to be really good until ESI took over.

Cons

not about patients or the people, all about money.

"customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at Medco Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

always had different catering companies everyday of the week so there was no need to go out for lunch.

great benefits

Cons

employees were treated like lab rats

very small cubicles