Medco Health Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Medco Health CEO George Paz
George Paz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Laid back culture, good work life balance depending on your department, decent cafeteria on campus (in 17 reviews)

• Decent pay, some great managers, work at home opportunities, great benefits (in 23 reviews)

Cons

"Medco is a place for learning and sharing ideas to reach a common goal."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Franklin Lakes, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Pros

Medco Health is a leader in the Pharmacy Benefits Manager industry. We have continuously made partnerships with our clients in order to provide the best Health Care value for the general public. I love working for Medco because it is a place where your experience is valued equally with your education. So much of the work we do is not taught in a classroom, but is really on the job learning. I also admire the way all the departments with in Medco work together to achieve a business objective. From the front end call centers handling customer inquiries, to the Account Team offering support to the client even to the corporate triage teams and dispensing pharmacies. Everyone is able to work together and learn from each other.

Cons

If you don't work in the vicinity of the corporate headquarters, such as our work at home associates who are spread out all accross the country, the fringe benefits may not extend to your area. Benefits should be invested in nationally recognized companies in order for everyone to have access.

Advice to Management

We all now that "stuff" runs downhill. Continue to practice what has been learned in the MAGIC Training, and work together to recognize that mistakes will be made, and we can all work to learn and grow from those mistakes without causing everyone to fear for their jobs.

2. "Great place to work."

Former Employee - Header Entry Technician in North Versailles, PA
    Former Employee - Header Entry Technician in North Versailles, PA

Pros

This is a good job If you enjoy working alone and keeping very busy. Must pay close attention to details and be an excellent typist. Overall the best job I've had to date.

Cons

Sometimes I had to stand alot.

Advice to Management

Overall, the managers we very good and I felt good working for them.

3. "A Good Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH

Pros

Flexibility. They offered to let me go part time just so I could go to school at the same time while I was working there. Felt that there was always someone available for help when help was needed. Great benefits.

Cons

The hours for new employees and choice of days off are not good for new employees. Everyone had a set day off of Sunday...so you did not have an option to have two days off together which made it difficult to balance life and work sometimes.

Advice to Management

I feel that there are better coaching opportunities for the leadership at Medco Health. I feel like sometimes that when you ask they question they don't know they answers to the questions that they should know how to answer as leaders.

4. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - RTL in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - RTL in Dublin, OH

Pros

Medco was a wonderful place to work. Great salary! My personal supervisor was wonderful. She went above and beyond to help her team.

Cons

Lack of communication, discipline was non-existant until it was too late. Advancement was difficult due to 6 month requirements in your position.

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATE

5. "Wonderful!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH

Pros

They care for employees
    And families they are fair

Cons

Pay could be better to accommodate inflation

6. "Great place to learn the business and be challenged to be at your personal best."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Franklin Lakes, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Pros

There are plenty of opportunities to take on challenging work and be rewarded for your efforts. For those who have talent, display aptitude and the right attitude, promotional opportunities are available. Medco offers ample training, tailored to specific roles and mentoring programs.

Cons

The work life balance is a challenge as it is a fairly lean organization with aggressive targets and goals. A day away from the office is rare, a day away from the office entirely unplugged is even rarer.

"Worked at Medco for a decade. You work hard but get treated well."

Current Employee - Senior Director in Franklin Lakes, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Pros

Great leadership, supportive environment, challenging

Cons

Some inconsistencies in how people are rated and promoted.

Advice to Management

More awareness of need for a good work life balance

"Great place to work, wish they weren't merging with Express Scripts"

Current Employee - Manager in Franklin Lakes, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Pros

I've worked there for ten years, some departments are better than others. I find that if you work for clinicians and aren't one, you will have a tough time. I don't agree that pharmacists should be in leadership positions as their lack of business experience is apparent. Other than that, the company is great and we're all just holding tight waiting to see what Express will do.

Cons

Working for clinicians with no or little business experience.

Advice to Management

Put business people in management positions. You will get the best bang for your buck, just because someone is a pharmacist or an IT person, does not mean they are good leaders.

9. "Has been excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Pros

Ability to make a difference

Cons

Merger with ESI so not sure about long term future

10. "A good place to work"

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Dublin, OH

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Good performance is rewarded accordingly. Genuine interest in support from immediate manager in your career advancement.

Cons

Customer oriented training, though good, is going through a period of "over management" where responses and interactions with customers are too scripted.