Medcor "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Medcor Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jul 14, 2019

3.6
Medcor President & CEO Philip Seeger (no image)
Philip Seeger
Pros
Cons
  • "Rumors were spread by upper management about personal lives and inappropriate(in 9 reviews)

• "No cons that come to mind other than would appreciate longer hours(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Great pay, horrible management"

Former Employee - Paramedic in San Diego, CA

I worked at Medcor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good money, lots of available time to workZ

Cons

Boss was rude, condescending and broke ethics codes daily. Was often sat down and told “ why woman shouldn’t be in the work force.” Rumors were spread by upper management about personal lives and inappropriate. Moments were often made.

Advice to Management

Code of ethics needs to be across the board, regaurdless of how high someone is in the company. As a woman, I have never felt so disrespected in a professional environment than I have working with my management at Medcor. I was instructed to look up potential new hires to see if they were in a relationship and got they looked. If they were too “good looking” applicants were passed up. Anyone married was pushed down the list.

Medcor2019-07-14

"If I could leave zero stars, I would."

Former Employee - Medical Administrator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Medcor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Depending on the job site (locations vary) there is the potential while working in medicine to not have to work nights, weekends, and holidays. This is definitely site and client specific, and shouldn't be expected across the board.

Cons

Pretty much everything else. The upper management has a tendency to make promises and not follow through. TONS of micro management. Poor salaries. The benefits changed while I was employed and not for the better. Tons of top level turnover. The good old boys club is definitely alive and well here.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging your site managers and pay your people what they're actually worth. Stick to ethical and moral practices. Stop playing favorites.

Medcor2018-11-15

"Stay away"

I have been working at Medcor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is decent. Good hours

Cons

I have only been at this site for about six months and I am already leaving. management will ask for ideas on how to make the clinic run smoothly and then jump down your throat when you give feedback. A co-worker reported a Dr for inappropriate behavior, upper management told the Dr who reported him, causing her to quit because of a hostile environment. (he was never reprimanded) When I was hired 6 months ago I told them about a vacation I had already planned, of course they said no big deal. Now that the vacation is coming up management has said I cannot have the days off because they don't have any back up for our clinic.

Advice to Management

Get new management or start listening to your employees, a clinic that was went through 5-6 nurses in a year- maybe something with management is lacking.

Medcor2017-01-20

"Not worth it"

I have been working at Medcor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits are pretty decent.

Cons

The pay is the same across the country, no matter what region you live in. When you ask for a raise, you're told to work more hours for overtime to make ends meet, but then they limit your overtime stating budget issues. Turn around is extremely high and people are moving to the competition that pays much better. Serious lack of leadership in upper management.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Look at the cost of living in each region and set your pay scale that way. Put qualified leaders in management positions.

Medcor2017-01-18

"Low Ethical Standards & minimal to no Professionalism"

I worked at Medcor full-time

Pros

It seems there are some sites that are good to work at but most of the reviews that were positive were from Headquarters state of IL. I can only think of one Pro -Good for Entry Level experience (they need employees because of the extremely high turnover)

Cons

Poor local management Poor staffing procedures Poor Communication Poor Professionalism Poor problem resolution Poor Upper Management Poor Oversight No true chain of command Poor follow through Lack of leadership Operations Manager once sent an email out with one of the subjects in the email stated "if you are being treated in a demeaning manner or being undermined, think of it as a learning experience and resolve not to be that way" Policies not enforced equally Uninterested Upper Management Nursing Dilemmas arose constantly, some very serious

Advice to Management

Stop passing the buck and DO YOUR JOB!

Medcor2016-12-01

"Very confused..."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in McHenry, IL

I have been working at Medcor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co- workers are beyond amazing! The concentration on wellness is impeccable as they truly encourage good health. The company on paper seems like the ultimate place to work with their benefits and family orientation.

Cons

No room for growth! Only worry about the upper management and executives as workers in the "slums" are completely under valued. They have plenty of money for a good time- but say there is no money to give proper pay to people who don't stop working from 8-5.

Advice to Management

It's a great Company. But start to take care of the little people who truly work theirs butts off. 65% of the staff "work from home" or just walk around the office all day. The other 35% don't stop working and for some reason they are under the radar . Get priorities straight. Oh- and get an HR department that actually keeps information confidential .

Medcor2015-11-07

"We've had better days"

I have been working at Medcor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A lot of talented employees that just need an opportunity and a better environment to thrive. good work/life balance.

Cons

No opportunities to advance within the company. Management doesn't not listen to suggestions to better the work place environment. extremely low morale. high turn over in most departments. below grade pay scales. Upper management has a very 'old school' mentality, and are not staying competitive with other businesses. No paid holidays! We are required to use our own PTO time for major holidays. The PTO policy probably hasn't been revised since Medcor's inception.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your corporate office. It is very concerning that whole departments are leaving at the same time. We have a lot of very talented people who are willing to put in extra effort, and want to grow with the company but we are not giving them the opportunity to advance. Medcor salaries and benefits are poor, but there are still some people willing to make it work because at one point Medcor was a fun place to work. Company morale is so low, and the culture program is broken. Please pay attention to the talented staff that we already have, we are losing a lot of great people! If we continue on the same path Medcor will not survive. You can not grow other branches of the business without a solid foundation at the corporate office.

Medcor2015-10-27

"Good riddance"

I worked at Medcor

Pros

Can be very fun environment. Love the daily walks.

Cons

Very unbalanced workloads. Half the staff is sitting around twiddling thier thumbs and the other half is drowning in work. Lousy pay if you're in the former category. The most catty and gossipy workplace I've ever been. Upper management isn't interested in suggestions and very little room for growth. Change is not a popular topic in this company. I also know for a fact that some of the positive reviews were at the request of HR to make Medcor look better. Total sham.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your staff instead of spending hundreds of thousands on sales weekends and strategy meetings...that aren't accomplishing anything. Your current business model will never get you to breaking a $100 million.

Medcor2015-10-29

"I wouldn't believe the five star reviews if I were you."

I worked at Medcor full-time

Pros

Room for advancement, however advancement still pays well below average.

Cons

I didn't realize how much Medcor was screwing me on pay until another company offered me the same job with almost twice the salary and more overtime. Management is a joke. Very few managers know what the hell they are doing. I had to show my boss how to do some skills that were required for the job and to make the clients happy. The upper management is hard to talk to and not willing to help you. Medcor will use you and spit you out. Not great company at all

Medcor2015-08-15