Medecision Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Medecision President & CEO Deborah M. Gage
Deborah M. Gage

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "A lot of employees get to work from home and yet we are still a close knit and cohesive unit" (in 14 reviews)

• "Medecision pays well and the flexible work schedule is nice" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is a challenge but a lot of this can be controlled by employees setting their own boundaries based on their own preference" (in 13 reviews)

• "Too much turnover at the Senior management level which can cause confusion" (in 10 reviews)

"Great Place to Work - Love my Job"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Medecision allows me the autonomy to do my job without any micro-management. I am treated as a valued individual by the Executive Leadership Team and there is mutual respect among the team of employees I work with. At Medecision, there is an open-door policy and I have found everyone at all levels very approachable and always willing to listen to suggestions. The company is growing and developing strong, innovative products to keep us competitive in the industry. Work/life balance does exist and there are excellent benefits at Medecision.

Cons

A lot of HR-required time-consuming activity.

2. "Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing coworkers - committed, intelligent, hard working, collaborative, dedicated to transforming healthcare.
    Executives expect you to take initiative where you see opportunity to make things better. This is the first healthcare organization that is truly trying to transform themselves, not just giving it lip service.

Cons

work life balance is a challenge

Advice to Management

Keep transforming and expanding innovative partnership/pilot activity with our clients. This is a marathon, not a sprint - pace yourself, where possible.

"Great place...not perfect but then where is?"

Former Employee - Director in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Director in Wayne, PA

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many great people here and the company is moving in a good direction. There is generally really good support for Engineering (where I was a Director). Medecision is a leader in an industry that is changing rapidly and mgmt is responding to those changes in real time.

Over all I think the CTO and CEO are getting beat up too much here. The leadership is generally on track and the company is innovative and generally true to the Medecision core values statement.

I don't want that to come off as "damning by faint praise". I would go back to work there in a heartbeat. (I'm not there now and have no reason to throw shade nor give credit when none is due)

Cons

Some of the criticisms on Glassdoor are not without basis...SOME, not all. There is some favoritism and it is not a strict meritocracy, but in general the good are rewarded; mostly.

Advice to Management

There are obviously some behaviors highlighted and grievances expressed here that should be addressed.

4. "New Employee with Positive Experience"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Friendly people to work with in a fun culture.

Cons

Training materials are available but difficult to navigate and find.

Advice to Management

Especially for remote employees, require all product training as mandatory.

5. "A People-Driven Culture"

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule and ability to work from home
    Supportive teammates
    Opportunities to grow your skill set

Cons

Not a large representation of millennial employees
    Resource contention and schedule delays since only a small subset of employees have in-depth product knowledge
    Some siloes still exist, but they are being chiseled away

Advice to Management

If you look at the history of reviews on Glassdoor, there is a common theme - smart and supportive employees. It's a company that has always empowered people to make change from within - both in their teams and themselves. The leaders that encourage and empower their teams need to be recognized and rewarded. The employees who are trying to make a positive impact need to be supported and given the right tools to make change happen.

Leaders also need to break the communication bubbles. Information that is necessary for individual contributors to succeed in their day to day is not always shared. This is not an ask for over-communication and complete transparency, but rather an ask to no longer assume that the information has been communicated.

6. "Transformation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- fast pace
    - a great place for change agents who want to promote positive transformation.
    - accountability - if you want to be successful, and you bring the work ethic, you can be here.
    - promotes free thinking
    - the ability to get in the door and a growing and transforming company
    - I recommend this Company - I wouldn’t be recruiting world class talent if I didn’t.

Cons

- culture shift takes time. Not everyone is on board.

Advice to Management

Keep the eye on the prize. No wavering from the plan. Trust the process

"Break down the silos"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Wayne, PA

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No ageism
    Some very talented employees
    Some great employee development opportunities
    Population Health care is in demand, great opportunity to gain experience

Cons

Culture, employees are very nice on the surface, but not held accountable
    Favoritism
    Elitism
    Secretive upper management
    Too many priorities

Advice to Management

Value all employees equally

"Do NOT Put Faith in Management - They will Completely Disappoint You"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Still some of good people working there. Lower to middle management is usually engaged and very supportive.

Cons

1. Overall they HUGE lack up to date systems, standardized and documented workflow and processes and much of the staff is very poorly trained and they remain with excessive work errors, blurred lines of responsibility, a lot of passing the buck and at the end of the day you’re left with angry customers and frustrated and overworked employees. A lot of the management is plain inexperienced not only as managers but in the technical/knowledge of their job function. There is excessive turnover which is problematic in certain key areas of operations. No knowledge transfer or trainings for your job functions at all.

2. Constantly have to put out fires. Every day waiting to see what little thing you say or do wrong will get you berated. Major communication issues. Always being cut off or talked over, my opinion or ideas is not being counted ever. Total waste of time and energy. No work/life balance. Don’t really “care” about the employees, just liberating about gold management. Only push push push to see if you will crack and push back. Lots of backstabbing. Many team members are nice to your face will belittle you to each other and management joins in on the whispering. Nobody from old empoloyees are left, except some very rare exceptions and even those being fired.

3. Sr. Infrastracture Engineer aka Sr. Director are in the fact unofficial BIG boss and nobody can even say anything against him, even his direct boss just a puppet.
    Don't waste your time think that company will change in a good way, they will NOT. They fired LOTs of very awesome and smart employees or many of them left by their own, understanding what cloak of dirt it is.

4. Systems constantly going down. It makes NO SENSE why a company will not invest in improving the systems we work with every single day. There is constant begging for OT, but when the systems go down and you have many people sitting around for hrs at a time (and this happens many of times a month) wouldn't it make sense to start IMPROVING THE SYSTEM AND PROCESSES and get rid of the structure they have now.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all TOP management (CEO, CTO, CIO) and start over.I really experienced hostility management, dishonest managers with little to no prior professional experience. That alone creates a tempestuos atmosphere. It causes seasoned non management employees the burden of never ending leadership growing pains due to ineffective process implementation. Company is not Liberating, company is just simply imprisonment.

"Favoritism, Corruption and Bullying...Oh My!"

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A few good people but they don't seem to last long; they either Liberate themselves or get fired b/c they do not kiss up to the CEO and CTO

Cons

One of the really good Engineering Directors that left for a better job with less BS informed me a few interesting facts:

Bonus as percentages of salary are verbally promised but not put in offer letters because YOU WILL NEVER GET THEM unless you're the CEO or CTO pet. Actually, the Executives KNOW they do not allocate enough money to pay the promised bonuses even at the payout percentages. People that do a good job get shafted all the time!

The CEO knows the CTO has ownership and rev share in software and consulting companies hired and paid TOP dollar but doesn't care and I bet isn't informing the HCSC board. On that note, the HCSC Board of Directors is either complicit or incompetent, but then again it is a non-profit so they accountability is crap.

Advice to Management

Like they'd listen...they know better!

Medecision Response

May 3, 2018 – Chief People Officer

This post contains factual errors, and it is our practice to respond when posters make erroneous claims. The company’s incentive compensation policies and procedures are formal, documented and... More

10. "Diamond in the Rough"

Current Employee - Vice President Architecture in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Vice President Architecture in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* strong sense of mission with demonstrated revenue growth
    * strong market and product potential
    * no shortage of interesting work
    * workforce is accountable and engaged
    * candor
    * technical talent

Cons

* executive team needs more visibility, influence, engagement over project portfolio and understanding of organizational impacts
    * too much WIP relative to number of staff. Organization over-commits.
    * growing pains scaling the business. Need more process rigor in some areas, and less in others.

Advice to Management

Simplify the product line and focus on the basics.