Medecision Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 12, 2018

Medecision President & CEO Deborah M. Gage
Deborah M. Gage

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "A lot of employees get to work from home and yet we are still a close knit and cohesive unit" (in 14 reviews)

• "Medecision pays well and the flexible work schedule is nice" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be very challenging" (in 14 reviews)

• "Too much turnover at the Senior management level which can cause confusion" (in 10 reviews)

"Great Place to Work - Love my Job"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Medecision allows me the autonomy to do my job without any micro-management. I am treated as a valued individual by the Executive Leadership Team and there is mutual respect among the team of employees I work with. At Medecision, there is an open-door policy and I have found everyone at all levels very approachable and always willing to listen to suggestions. The company is growing and developing strong, innovative products to keep us competitive in the industry. Work/life balance does exist and there are excellent benefits at Medecision.

Cons

A lot of HR-required time-consuming activity.

"Medecision is a great place - Don't buy into the negative hype."

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I'm responding to the "Do not join this company" post. I've been with Medecision for 6yrs and as the only Director based in Dallas, I find it reprehensible that someone would post such an untrue review of Medecision Leadership and fabricate where it came from (i.e. Dallas Director).

I want to point out that a lot of these negative posts (and the one referenced in particular) have one common theme: Inability to accept and adjust to change. Change happens in every organization, especially when culture shifts happen. Don't play the victim, be an advocate for change; it's the only way the org will improve. Step up and help change the culture you perceive, not hide behind posts under false pretenses. Yes, changes at the ELT level can be worrisome for everyone, I get it. But why bash one ELT member? Remember, these ELT changes are a collective Leadership decision, not just from one person.

Also, to set the record straight on the claim the HR department had the highest stats. The HR department had a history of creating org mistrust through cloak and dagger tactics under old leadership. Fortunately, Medecision has an opportunity to rebuild that partnership with employees with new leadership and fresh perspectives.

Cons

Work life balance can be very challenging. Over dependence on email.

Advice to Management

Keep engaging the customers and employees! Don't let these inane and bitter posts distract you from the the goal!

"Do not join this company"

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employee base are hard working passionate smart people.

Cons

Those at the executive level lack basic leadership skills, they are childish, vindictive, and have zero corporate conscious. The CEO fired the Chief of HR. The HR department had the highest employee satisfaction ratings in the company. After the Chief of HR is fired the CEO dismantles the HR department. Deb Gage is awful.

Advice to Management

You are ruining the company and people’s lives.

Medecision Response

Nov 13, 2018 – VP, Corporate Communications

It’s our policy to respond to inaccurate or misleading comments on Glassdoor, and this post contains both types. There are several assertions in this post that misrepresent the facts and mislead... More

4. "Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing coworkers - committed, intelligent, hard working, collaborative, dedicated to transforming healthcare.
    Executives expect you to take initiative where you see opportunity to make things better. This is the first healthcare organization that is truly trying to transform themselves, not just giving it lip service.

Cons

work life balance is a challenge

Advice to Management

Keep transforming and expanding innovative partnership/pilot activity with our clients. This is a marathon, not a sprint - pace yourself, where possible.

"Great place...not perfect but then where is?"

Former Employee - Director in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Director in Wayne, PA

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many great people here and the company is moving in a good direction. There is generally really good support for Engineering (where I was a Director). Medecision is a leader in an industry that is changing rapidly and mgmt is responding to those changes in real time.

Over all I think the CTO and CEO are getting beat up too much here. The leadership is generally on track and the company is innovative and generally true to the Medecision core values statement.

I don't want that to come off as "damning by faint praise". I would go back to work there in a heartbeat. (I'm not there now and have no reason to throw shade nor give credit when none is due)

Cons

Some of the criticisms on Glassdoor are not without basis...SOME, not all. There is some favoritism and it is not a strict meritocracy, but in general the good are rewarded; mostly.

Advice to Management

There are obviously some behaviors highlighted and grievances expressed here that should be addressed.

6. "New Employee with Positive Experience"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Friendly people to work with in a fun culture.

Cons

Training materials are available but difficult to navigate and find.

Advice to Management

Especially for remote employees, require all product training as mandatory.

7. "A People-Driven Culture"

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule and ability to work from home
    Supportive teammates
    Opportunities to grow your skill set

Cons

Not a large representation of millennial employees
    Resource contention and schedule delays since only a small subset of employees have in-depth product knowledge
    Some siloes still exist, but they are being chiseled away

Advice to Management

If you look at the history of reviews on Glassdoor, there is a common theme - smart and supportive employees. It's a company that has always empowered people to make change from within - both in their teams and themselves. The leaders that encourage and empower their teams need to be recognized and rewarded. The employees who are trying to make a positive impact need to be supported and given the right tools to make change happen.

Leaders also need to break the communication bubbles. Information that is necessary for individual contributors to succeed in their day to day is not always shared. This is not an ask for over-communication and complete transparency, but rather an ask to no longer assume that the information has been communicated.

"Break down the silos"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Wayne, PA

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No ageism
    Some very talented employees
    Some great employee development opportunities
    Population Health care is in demand, great opportunity to gain experience

Cons

Culture, employees are very nice on the surface, but not held accountable
    Favoritism
    Elitism
    Secretive upper management
    Too many priorities

Advice to Management

Value all employees equally

"Do NOT Put Faith in Management - They will Completely Disappoint You"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Still some of good people working there. Lower to middle management is usually engaged and very supportive.

Cons

1. Overall they HUGE lack up to date systems, standardized and documented workflow and processes and much of the staff is very poorly trained and they remain with excessive work errors, blurred lines of responsibility, a lot of passing the buck and at the end of the day you’re left with angry customers and frustrated and overworked employees. A lot of the management is plain inexperienced not only as managers but in the technical/knowledge of their job function. There is excessive turnover which is problematic in certain key areas of operations. No knowledge transfer or trainings for your job functions at all.

2. Constantly have to put out fires. Every day waiting to see what little thing you say or do wrong will get you berated. Major communication issues. Always being cut off or talked over, my opinion or ideas is not being counted ever. Total waste of time and energy. No work/life balance. Don’t really “care” about the employees, just liberating about gold management. Only push push push to see if you will crack and push back. Lots of backstabbing. Many team members are nice to your face will belittle you to each other and management joins in on the whispering. Nobody from old empoloyees are left, except some very rare exceptions and even those being fired.

3. Sr. Infrastracture Engineer aka Sr. Director are in the fact unofficial BIG boss and nobody can even say anything against him, even his direct boss just a puppet.
    Don't waste your time think that company will change in a good way, they will NOT. They fired LOTs of very awesome and smart employees or many of them left by their own, understanding what cloak of dirt it is.

4. Systems constantly going down. It makes NO SENSE why a company will not invest in improving the systems we work with every single day. There is constant begging for OT, but when the systems go down and you have many people sitting around for hrs at a time (and this happens many of times a month) wouldn't it make sense to start IMPROVING THE SYSTEM AND PROCESSES and get rid of the structure they have now.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all TOP management (CEO, CTO, CIO) and start over.I really experienced hostility management, dishonest managers with little to no prior professional experience. That alone creates a tempestuos atmosphere. It causes seasoned non management employees the burden of never ending leadership growing pains due to ineffective process implementation. Company is not Liberating, company is just simply imprisonment.

10. "Transformation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- fast pace
    - a great place for change agents who want to promote positive transformation.
    - accountability - if you want to be successful, and you bring the work ethic, you can be here.
    - promotes free thinking
    - the ability to get in the door and a growing and transforming company
    - I recommend this Company - I wouldn’t be recruiting world class talent if I didn’t.

Cons

- culture shift takes time. Not everyone is on board.

Advice to Management

Keep the eye on the prize. No wavering from the plan. Trust the process