Medecision Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Medecision President & CEO Deborah M. Gage
Deborah M. Gage

Pros
  • never an issue to work from home (in 12 reviews)

• Flexibility allows for work-life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a challenge but a lot of this can be controlled by employees setting their own boundaries based on their own preference (in 12 reviews)

• In some instances, there are elements of senior management to whom the word "help" means "do the job for me while I look on" (in 9 reviews)

"Fun, Fast, Innovative"

Current Employee - Senior Director Marketing in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Director Marketing in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Medecision is on the leading edge of pop health and is constantly looking for new and improved ways to better the healthcare industry. The leadership takes the success of the business very personal and is invested both in time and effort. There is unprecedented access to leadership with open ears and minds. Smart and fun people work here, but we work hard - and play hard. This is a place which fosters and encourages ambition. A really fantastic place to work.

Cons

There are a lot of virtual employees so if you're not as comfortable working with remote and matrix-ed groups - you won't find it easy here. The fast paced nature of our business means we can sometimes get ahead of ourselves - with the best intentions - but that can create rework and inefficiencies, but nothing uncommon in this type of company. There really aren't a lot of cons.

Advice to Management

Keep moving fast and driving teams to dig deep for the next game changing element of pop health but remember to continue nurturing innovations and apps that go live. It's easy to forget about the last thing we made when we're all moving quickly towards the next. Otherwise - keep it up!

"Medecision....."

Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with Medecision for almost 9yrs now. As a working mother, this place has ensured I spend good amount of time with my small kids n family, this is coz of the flexibility they offer for your work schedule and work location. Where my career is concerned in these past years, my growth and learning has never been stagnant If you are hard working and career oriented you have so many options. I have moved around various departments to keep my interest going and learn new things. I have always had the backing of my management for my growth n support my family life! The people and culture group as so many career enhancing training which shows they truly care for your growth.

Cons

Health Care is an ever changing market, because of which, this company is super fast paced and the process keeps evolving. Some people enjoy being on their toes which I do, for some it may be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep the flexibility for employees to change career or try new departments going. Various trainings offered for individual growth is super awesome to have.

"Well positioned to tap ongoing disruption in population health"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Pros

Strong market position with progressive plans and providers leading population health initiatives

Compelling solutions that enable clients manage risk beyond “their 4 walls” by aggregating data from multiple payers, health systems and patients and serving up actionable insights to close gaps in care – very few competitors can do this!

Great programs for employees that take advantage of them – leadership training, mentoring program, employee-initiated career development

Startup culture that presents challenging work for those ready to take it on

Cons

Dynamic market change happening on a monthly basis is not for everyone. Work here if you love being at the forefront of change in HIT, ready to roll up your sleeves, and are up for the challenge to deliver exceptional customer experience.

With flexible working locations, remote roles, and sometimes unstructured business opportunities, you have to proactively manage workload demands, work/life balance and career interests. Be ready to lead and contribute.

This is not a predictable, 9-5 kind of place. Meeting customer needs requires flexibility, passion, perseverance and “can do” teamwork.

Advice to Management

Invest in product design and customer experience to differentiate further from competitors. It all starts with recruiting and retaining great people. Celebrate and reward your high performers.

Focus on filling skill gaps to meet changing market needs. Anticipate and provide some structure around emerging market opportunities. Your employees are talented and can even do more when they have the right resources ramped up and are aligned on meeting customer pain points.

Jul 13, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for the post, and for taking the time to review us/our company. We’re glad your experience is positive and that you’re noticing the programs that we’ve invested in, focused on employee ... More

"A true leader in the Pop Health IT space that is dedicated to its people"

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Leadership team - I have never come across a more engaged and committed executive leadership team. Employee satisfaction and engagement are taken very seriously and the leadership is highly responsive to the needs of the workforce.

2. Talent - recruitment and hiring processes are very thorough and CEO interviews every new person coming in. As a result, the company is home to incredibly bright people with very impressive backgrounds and experiences.

3. The product and commitment to client needs - the Pop Health and Care Management HealthIT market is incredibly dynamic. The end users - providers and payers - are themselves uncertain of their needs as we continue to transition into the world of accountable health care. Medecision's product is in many ways ahead of the market, but it does offer the best solution relative to the competition.

4. Compensation and career growth - very competitive salaries and excellent resources for career development. For instance, the company offers a formal Mentorship program that connects any level employee with the executive leadership team for a 6 month mentorship process. Additionally, in the short time that I have been with the company, I have seen multiple instances of hard-working individuals being advanced, regardless of the duration of their tenure with the company.

Cons

1. The organization continues to undergo a substantial cultural shift as it positions itself within the very dynamic, every-changing market. There are still components of the company that have not adjusted well. In some instances, there are elements of senior management to whom the word "help" means "do the job for me while I look on".

2. Mediocre 401k and benefits package

Advice to Management

1. Bolster the mid-level workforce resources - bring on more analysts and project managers to help implement, and action the great strategy work that takes place. Clearly define roles and accountability to avoid over-burdening your high-performers and "doers" by having them pick up the slack for others. Senior managers - roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.

2. Keep doing what you are doing with talent recognition and nurturing your current work force! The genuine dedication to your people is clear and is exemplary.

3. Beef up the benefits package - especially the 401k plan.

Jul 13, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback – we agree with your assessment of the opportunities and challenges ahead. (And we’re proud to work alongside such smart, dedicated colleagues…) Join in on one of our many ... More

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, flexible work schedule, beautiful offices, great opportunities to learn different work streams and pursue career goals. Competitive salary, incentives health and life insurance plans. If you are motivated and a self starter, you can really flourish in the Medecision environment. There are great leadership programs within the organization that allow cross-functional interaction which really helps see the importance and value of the great work Medecision does every day.

Cons

Too much turnover at the Senior management level which can cause confusion. More projects than there are staff, so prioritizing what to work on can be a challenge. There can be chaos but what software company does not have that from time to time?

Advice to Management

Focus more on bringing in skilled resources to carry out all of the projects and initiatives that are important to the customer base. Continue to focus on product quality across the board as that is the root of who we are and what we are able to achieve!

May 26, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for posting. We are hiring! Tell your friends and colleagues to check our career portal for great opportunities on our team.

"Sr Systems Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great, both personally and professionally. Great opportunity for growth and the chance to work with new technologies. Flexibility in working at home and the office is a real help for work life balance.

Cons

Process improvements are underway, however consistency in understanding the changes could be more uniform. Balancing needs of customers on prior releases, while transitioning to a new platform.

Advice to Management

Validate that changes are applied consistently across the organization.

May 26, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Dear Poster, Thanks for bringing up the point of how important communications are during major process re-engineering and improvement. In the past year, we've moved to SaaS, with a quarterly ... More

"In the home stretch"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

I have worked at Medecision for many years, and have lived through the transition, the leadership changes, and product challenges, and yes, they were trying years. I can state, with true honesty, that I feel Medecision is on the right path! We are lazar focused on the Clients, ensuring we are solving their business problems with our experience and solutions and placing their needs before all. As employees, we get caught up in the negative, which is normal when an organization is in transition. And yes, the years were rough, but I am not aware of any organization that is perfect. We don't take the time to celebrate the accomplishments, and if we are all honest with ourselves, there are many. I believe we have opportunity for additional changes, and I expect they will happen, and I believe Deb is aware, and acting on them. I leave you with this….as a client facing employee, the feedback from the clients is positive, and they recognize and feel the changes we have made and they have trust in our partnership.

Cons

There are people who are not willing to be empowered to force change or make a decision. It may be their role, it may be their personality, or it may be their management, but if it is the later, or if you think your hands are tied, talk to Deb or Susan. I spend too much of my time chasing people to assist with an issue or resolve a problem that could be spent with the clients.

Advice to Management

Keep looking, keep your ear to the ground, ask questions and verify. We are in the final stretch, and with a few adjustments, we will cross the finish line in first place.

Mar 27, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for your positive feedback! I am glad that Medecision has been part of your professional life, and that your perspective on the ups and downs is balanced. As you suggest, participate in our ... More

"Exciting work with great people"

Current Employee - Software Developer I in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Software Developer I in Wayne, PA

Pros

I have been with Medecision for 2 years now. I really like working for this company. The people are great and the work is exciting. It can be challenging at times but we work together as a team and get it done. I have learned so much since I have been here. I like my current position but think there may be some opportunities for me when I am ready to step into a bigger role. And the location is great.

Cons

Like any IT job, there is pressure to deliver, especially near hte end of the project.

"Company with Great Potential the Needs to Master the Basics"

Current Employee - Population Health Management Consultant in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Population Health Management Consultant in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Innovative technology
    Flexibility allows for work-life balance
    Competitive Pay

Cons

Lack of overall training and preparation for new employees
    Lack of communication between department
    Too many projects with too few resources available.

Advice to Management

Master the basic! To make projects go better teams need to be properly trained on workflows and expected protocols. Product changes, no matter how small to a platform must be vetted, documented and properly presented to sales and support teams.

"Medecision Creates a Culture of Collective Ambition"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company Values
    Option to Work From Home
    Salary
    Passionate Leadership and Peers
    Intelligent Peers
    Promotion from within
    Recognition Award Programs

Cons

Managers that comment negativity about leadership decisions. This attitude is disruptive, so be apart of the solution. Please stop contributing to the white noise.

Advice to Management

The leaders of Medecision don't just want to build a profitable company. Our leaders want Medecision to matter to customers, employees, and the community by fostering a culture of collective ambition. This is an exciting time to be apart of Medecision. I dare you to find out.