Medecision Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Medecision President & CEO Deborah M. Gage
Deborah M. Gage

Pros
  • never an issue to work from home (in 12 reviews)

• Flexibility allows for work-life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a challenge but a lot of this can be controlled by employees setting their own boundaries based on their own preference (in 12 reviews)

• In some instances, there are elements of senior management to whom the word "help" means "do the job for me while I look on" (in 9 reviews)

"Manager"

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and you get to work with some great people. Two faced HR people will remind you of your obligation once you get let go. They will call you after you are gone and try to intimate you not keep working in your industry. The Pro is you won't have to work at this place anymore

Cons

Product management at this company is siloed from the rest of the software development. Most of the top technical folks have moved on. Good people are worked to the bone. But don't worry, they all get promotions and work 100 hour weeks. Zero sales pipeline but don't worry, we will hire more sales people who don't do anything.

Advice to Management

Make your existing customers happy by providing solutions that work. Don't sell until you have a working software product. Stop hiring your friends who can't do the job! The nepotism is getting old and discourages people who are trying to make a difference in HIT!

"Don't believe the fake good reviews"

Former Employee - Software Developer in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in West Chester, PA

I worked at Medecision (More than a year)

Pros

Generous work from home policy. Fair to good salary. There are some honest and intelligent people working there.

Cons

Upper-management is completely oblivious of the damage their decisions are doing to the employees and the business.
    Seems they are waging a PR campaign here on Glassdoor and other sites to refute their bad reputation. This in and of itself proves how bad a company they are to work for.
    Architects are completely clueless scribes sitting on mountain tops that throw darts at walls strewn with flyers for new technologies and fling stone tablets chiseled with the results down unto the unclean masses. In colloquial terms, the Architects choose random new technologies based on how shiny they are and then, with no knowledge or care for how things fit together, set the developers up to fail when everything doesn't work together.
    Middle management and project managers are powerless to stop their resources from constantly being reassigned based on the whims of the uppers. This leads to projects being delayed or completely failing, which in turn is blamed on everyone not sporting a golden parachute.
    Developers who actually have experience and good ideas are ignored or beat down in lieu of said architect's grand schemes. Think "Titanic" with all the developers screaming about the iceberg and the company men steering right for it while downing bottles of 1865 Chateau Lafite.
    Seriously, I can't really explain to you enough how toxic the atmosphere in this place really is for thinking humans of a technological bent. If it was just this one review, you could chalk it up to a disgruntled employee, but read through them and you start to see that the reviews are screaming "biohazard" sprinkled with a few obviously skewed "This company rocks!" PR plants.

Advice to Management

You haven't listened to anything from your employees. Your reaction to bad reviews is to call the writers liars and disgruntled former associates, or to write obviously fake happy reviews (though statistically a few of those are cool-aid lovers). I don't know why I'd try to tell you anything, but let me give you this. You have a product that could actually save people's lives. Your product could help detect and prevent a fair amount of pain and misery in your fellow human beings, and is a guaranteed money-maker. And yet, your egotistical and clinically psychopathic behaviour is preventing any good the company could do for anyone, including yourselves. I'd say that I'd cheer and raise a pint when the company finally succumbs to the depravity of your infantile behaviour, but I'd be lying. I'd just be sad.

Feb 5, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Dear Poster, We aren't waging a "PR battle" on Glassdoor: We are responding to public posts and comments (including yours) that we believe may not represent a complete perspective of Medecision ... More

"MED-can't make a good-DECISION"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent salaries & nice facilities

Cons

Medecision has hit the trifecta for a place you don't want to work - poor products, unhappy clients and extremely unhappy employees. Management is arrogant and never comes out of the ivory tower to even try and understand how badly everything is broken. Their idea of fixing the problems is to throw short-term consultants into the mix, and then not take their advice. It doesn't help that the leadership team are all friends of the CEO, which means the 2-3 dead weights in leadership are never rotated out, which means nothing ever improves and the blame always rolls downhill!

Advice to Management

They've paid tons of money to consultants for advice and don't listen to them, so why would they take advice from me?

"Going in the wrong direction"

I worked at Medecision full-time

Pros

Working from home flexibility
    Casual work environment
    The employees that haven’t left the company yet are truly professionals and client focus

Cons

Lack of accountability on the leadership team.

The employees that are really doing the work and the right thing for the clients are leaving in masses, even without having another job. Low morale among employees is suffocating.

You can work 60 or 80 hours a week for a whole year to try to salvage poorly defined projects and still receive a zero percent increase and no bonus at the end of the year. No explanation given.

Advice to Management

You need to pay attention to what is happening
    Why everyone is leaving?
     Why is that clients are leaving?
     Why is client dissatisfaction so high?
    You need to make you leadership team accountable, and stop the practice of selling products and services that you don’t have.

Oct 30, 2015 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for your post and your time at Medecision. As a reminder, we respond to those posts that we believe are factually incorrect, with data and facts. We continue to respect individual experiences ... More

"Gleeful I am Gone; Leaving was Liberating!"

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get out as soon as you can. The pros are so few. Removing myself from the unethical behavior of the executive--Liberation of the best kind.

Cons

The cons are well articulated in other reviews. If you do not work at Medecision, do not start. If you use Medeicsion's solutions, go to RFP as soon as you can. If you are in-process with implementation; break your contract. The price is worth it. If you are unfortunate enough to still work at Medecision, dust off your resume today and find a real opportunity.

Advice to Management

Current management does not listen to advice so I will type to get to the 20 word minimum. Hurry. Leave.

"Brutal and I don't see it changing any time soon"

Former Employee - Technical Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Technical Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Medecision pays well and the flexible work schedule is nice

So, why would you want to work at Medecision?

1) if you are unemployed
    2) if you don't mind working on your vacations, nights and weekends (primarily in the technical groups)
    3) if you don't mind being led by an executive team that manages with empty slogans: "World-Class employee experience!", "World-Class customer experience!", "MOJO!"
    4) if you are a shameless self-promoter. Generously sprinkle in the terms innovation, future state and world-class and you will find yourself on the fast track in no time
    5) if you are just there to collect a paycheck, and all of the daily nonsense doesn't get to you

Cons

At this time I can't recommend Medecision to anyone doing technical work (Development, IT, QA) unless you are a glutton for punishment or looking to make more money. Technical work is no longer valued by the company hence the technical departments have been eviscerated and left to the mercy of whoever yells the loudest on a given day. Those positions were replaced by a crop of VPs and other talking heads who attend meetings for a living and create no discernible output.

As far as general work environment, Harvard Business School should do a case study on how it is possible to have such wide disconnects between organizational layers and poor communication within a company this small.

Advice to Management

The management team is all about talking, not listening so I won't waste any more time on this section.

"badecision"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

progressive telecommuting policy
    generous pto
    smart teams

Cons

culture of keeping your head down
    leadership don't follow the company's cultural agenda

Advice to Management

practice what you preach

"Once a great company...but no more!"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Wayne, PA

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Good pay
    Talented peers
    Lots of travel

Cons

No work/life balance
    Very negative work environment
    No leadership
    Poor benefits
    Lots of travel

Advice to Management

Deb Gage took the company in the wrong direction and destroyed it.

"Ringling Brothers a. k.a Medecision"

Former Employee - Employee in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Employee in Wayne, PA

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's a lot of experience to be gained at this company. It's a great place to grow your career, if you can stomach the environment. Compensation is above average to its competitors. There are still a lot of good dedicated, and talented employees that remain at this company.

Cons

Why Ringling Brothers? It's more about the show to usher the curious and fascinated in. Once you're in, the real show begins: Constant fire drills and hoops to jump through that often derails an employees work day. The current environment is an overall demanding and thankless environment that is lead with fear and intimidation. Although some departments experience work life balance, others do not. A 50 hour work week is most times never enough. There's an overall lack of support to the employees from a leadership level. Leadership has seemed to constantly miss their wake up call to these problems which leaves me with one final question: Is their commitment truly with the company?

Advice to Management

If you want to balance out these reviews on glass door.com the correct way, start by focusing on the internal problems first. For an example: The incredibly high turn over rate for a company of less than 200; product defects/ failures that result in poor sales; the mismanagement of the company that starts at the top. When people start to visit glass door.com to write a great review about their experience with Medecision, then maybe that will be a sign that you've turned a corner, instead of desperately instructing your employee base to post positive reviews as your bandaid to this site. Remember: If the surface is dirty, bandaids will come off.

Oct 24, 2014 – Chief People Officer

It’s true - work/life balance remains a challenge for many of us in healthcare IT – including Medecision employees. Our leadership team continues to seek ways to support our growth, add to our ... More

"Unhappy employees, Unhappy clients"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule with telecommuting and work-from-home options.
    Adequate pay and benefits.
    Everyone is buzzing about the fancy coffee machines in the new offices.

Cons

ELT and SLT do not get along in their own teams, hire personal cronies without the requsite skills sets or industry knowledge to move Medecision forward, and are not seen as credible by the employees.
    Performance issues with leadership and staff, are not addressed while high performing staff is exiting out the door at an alarming rate. Employee morale is at an all time low. Clients are dissatisfied and we cannot seem to turn the tide.
    Unprofessional communication is frequent, in person, on the phone and during meetings. We are encouraged to speak candidly, yet when the few who risk it are blackballed, it makes people think being quiet is the better option. The workplace pipeline is rich with information as leadership seems incapable of knowing when and what to share.

Advice to Management

ELT/SLT-Hold each other accountable and if your peers cannot lead the Medecision charge, help them out of the organization now. Stop lying to employees and clients.