Medecision Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Medecision President & CEO Deborah M. Gage
Deborah M. Gage

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A lot of employees get to work from home and yet we are still a close knit and cohesive unit (in 13 reviews)

• For some employees, very flexible work schedules and for employees who have had health issues the company has been accommodating (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a challenge but a lot of this can be controlled by employees setting their own boundaries based on their own preference (in 13 reviews)

• Too much turnover at the Senior management level which can cause confusion (in 9 reviews)

1. "Fast-Paced Environment"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Ability to be exposed to many different projects to broaden your workload, can draw clear lines from the work you do to the annual company goals, opportunities for teamwork across departments

Cons

Outside of your department there is little you can do to control priorities, what may be top priority for you is low to others which can cause inefficiencies

2. "oracle DBA"

I worked at Medecision full-time

Pros

they have a very Good environments to with

Cons

the management is not the best in terms of collaboration.

Advice to Management

work as a team

3. "Be an innovator!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I truly love coming to work -- management is supportive, projects are exciting, colleagues are intelligent and cooperative, and with the ever-changing climate of healthcare these days, each week presents with a different set of challenges to be met and solved. If you are not the kind of employee who asks what you can do to solve the latest issue at hand, or if you're unable to negotiate on what is possible in the asked-for timeframe, then you probably need to look elsewhere. The kind of fast-paced, responsive atmosphere that Medecision represents is part and parcel of this industry.

Cons

The company should offer a higher percentage of their matching contribution for the 401 K.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing!

4. "Progress"

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great progress over the last year in developing a common culture and shared vision, as well as strengthening core products

Cons

Still some pockets that function in silos

5. "Coming to work, enyoing it, and truely making a difference in Healthcare!"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Flexibility to work from home and early/late hour options, people love what they do here, technology of new products and apps are exciting, solid benefits and salary, enlightening vision of the company

Cons

Sales cycle and process is lengthy, frustrating, and sometimes confusing due to ever changing healthcare market and approach.

Advice to Management

Keep going with the strategy and apps approach, as it has created a true pop health platform that can and does make a difference in the market with our clients.

"Zeroing In"

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- People - smart, creative, supportive, and team players
    - Results driven organization with flexible and virtual work culture
    - Changing times opens opportunities for growth and re-inventing yourself
    - all levels of employees are empowered to speak professional and candidly about their challenges and solutions
    - internal prioritizarions aligned with marketing and sales strategies. Entire company is in sync

Cons

- Individuals who need structure and clear project timelines will struggle in the organization. You must be able to not only cope with uncertainty but innovate through it
    - legacy product knowledge is disappearing as turnover happens. Challenging to support existing customer base and burdening for those with the the legacy knowledge
    - many new processes are bottom-up changes that have a grassroots feel to them. Clear direction from senior leadership is an obstacle to complete buy-in

Advice to Management

The focus on our organizational goals is palpable and unwavering. Keep charging in that direction.

We are a small company that identifies as challenging the "ways that things have been done", partnering with early adopters of healthcare initiatives, and growing an emoloyee base of strong leaders and experts in your role. That has never been more clear.

Continue to recognize those employees who are adapting to the changes in the organization.

"Fun, Fast, Innovative"

Current Employee - Senior Director Marketing in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Director Marketing in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Medecision is on the leading edge of pop health and is constantly looking for new and improved ways to better the healthcare industry. The leadership takes the success of the business very personal and is invested both in time and effort. There is unprecedented access to leadership with open ears and minds. Smart and fun people work here, but we work hard - and play hard. This is a place which fosters and encourages ambition. A really fantastic place to work.

Cons

There are a lot of virtual employees so if you're not as comfortable working with remote and matrix-ed groups - you won't find it easy here. The fast paced nature of our business means we can sometimes get ahead of ourselves - with the best intentions - but that can create rework and inefficiencies, but nothing uncommon in this type of company. There really aren't a lot of cons.

Advice to Management

Keep moving fast and driving teams to dig deep for the next game changing element of pop health but remember to continue nurturing innovations and apps that go live. It's easy to forget about the last thing we made when we're all moving quickly towards the next. Otherwise - keep it up!

8. "New blood"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Challenging, growing, willing to hear ideas, great comradery with other team members and departmental team members. Not micro managed and most of the time have clearly defined goals and objectives for position.

Cons

Many reorg changes while trying to get the right people in place to help build a stronger and even more innovative team who really understand the industry. It is more of a challenge.

Advice to Management

Look inside you may have people with skill sets that can help you through the changes and challenges.

"Medecision....."

Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with Medecision for almost 9yrs now. As a working mother, this place has ensured I spend good amount of time with my small kids n family, this is coz of the flexibility they offer for your work schedule and work location. Where my career is concerned in these past years, my growth and learning has never been stagnant If you are hard working and career oriented you have so many options. I have moved around various departments to keep my interest going and learn new things. I have always had the backing of my management for my growth n support my family life! The people and culture group as so many career enhancing training which shows they truly care for your growth.

Cons

Health Care is an ever changing market, because of which, this company is super fast paced and the process keeps evolving. Some people enjoy being on their toes which I do, for some it may be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep the flexibility for employees to change career or try new departments going. Various trainings offered for individual growth is super awesome to have.

"Medecision--A Great Place to Work"

Pros

I have been with Medecision for 10 months now. It is a great place to work: teamwork is visible, folks are kind and extremely helpful. Onboarding is the best I have ever experienced in my 36 years in the professional work environment, and the innovation that takes place is electrifying !!

Cons

Every job/work place has its cons. Because its an ever changing environment (healthcare and data that is) priorities move and change, frustration can be a little high at certain times, but all because folks want to produce and produce something of value to patients.

Advice to Management

There are beginning signs of improvement within the areas addressed with employee satisfaction, keep moving that forward, and keep it a priority. There are many talented people who work for Medecision, and retaining them is one of our greatest assets.