Medecision Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Medecision President & CEO Deborah M. Gage
Deborah M. Gage

Pros
  • never an issue to work from home (in 12 reviews)

• Flexibility allows for work-life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a challenge but a lot of this can be controlled by employees setting their own boundaries based on their own preference (in 12 reviews)

• In some instances, there are elements of senior management to whom the word "help" means "do the job for me while I look on" (in 9 reviews)

"Fun, Fast, Innovative"

Current Employee - Senior Director Marketing in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Director Marketing in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Medecision is on the leading edge of pop health and is constantly looking for new and improved ways to better the healthcare industry. The leadership takes the success of the business very personal and is invested both in time and effort. There is unprecedented access to leadership with open ears and minds. Smart and fun people work here, but we work hard - and play hard. This is a place which fosters and encourages ambition. A really fantastic place to work.

Cons

There are a lot of virtual employees so if you're not as comfortable working with remote and matrix-ed groups - you won't find it easy here. The fast paced nature of our business means we can sometimes get ahead of ourselves - with the best intentions - but that can create rework and inefficiencies, but nothing uncommon in this type of company. There really aren't a lot of cons.

Advice to Management

Keep moving fast and driving teams to dig deep for the next game changing element of pop health but remember to continue nurturing innovations and apps that go live. It's easy to forget about the last thing we made when we're all moving quickly towards the next. Otherwise - keep it up!

"Medecision....."

Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with Medecision for almost 9yrs now. As a working mother, this place has ensured I spend good amount of time with my small kids n family, this is coz of the flexibility they offer for your work schedule and work location. Where my career is concerned in these past years, my growth and learning has never been stagnant If you are hard working and career oriented you have so many options. I have moved around various departments to keep my interest going and learn new things. I have always had the backing of my management for my growth n support my family life! The people and culture group as so many career enhancing training which shows they truly care for your growth.

Cons

Health Care is an ever changing market, because of which, this company is super fast paced and the process keeps evolving. Some people enjoy being on their toes which I do, for some it may be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep the flexibility for employees to change career or try new departments going. Various trainings offered for individual growth is super awesome to have.

"A true leader in the Pop Health IT space that is dedicated to its people"

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Leadership team - I have never come across a more engaged and committed executive leadership team. Employee satisfaction and engagement are taken very seriously and the leadership is highly responsive to the needs of the workforce.

2. Talent - recruitment and hiring processes are very thorough and CEO interviews every new person coming in. As a result, the company is home to incredibly bright people with very impressive backgrounds and experiences.

3. The product and commitment to client needs - the Pop Health and Care Management HealthIT market is incredibly dynamic. The end users - providers and payers - are themselves uncertain of their needs as we continue to transition into the world of accountable health care. Medecision's product is in many ways ahead of the market, but it does offer the best solution relative to the competition.

4. Compensation and career growth - very competitive salaries and excellent resources for career development. For instance, the company offers a formal Mentorship program that connects any level employee with the executive leadership team for a 6 month mentorship process. Additionally, in the short time that I have been with the company, I have seen multiple instances of hard-working individuals being advanced, regardless of the duration of their tenure with the company.

Cons

1. The organization continues to undergo a substantial cultural shift as it positions itself within the very dynamic, every-changing market. There are still components of the company that have not adjusted well. In some instances, there are elements of senior management to whom the word "help" means "do the job for me while I look on".

2. Mediocre 401k and benefits package

Advice to Management

1. Bolster the mid-level workforce resources - bring on more analysts and project managers to help implement, and action the great strategy work that takes place. Clearly define roles and accountability to avoid over-burdening your high-performers and "doers" by having them pick up the slack for others. Senior managers - roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.

2. Keep doing what you are doing with talent recognition and nurturing your current work force! The genuine dedication to your people is clear and is exemplary.

3. Beef up the benefits package - especially the 401k plan.

Medecision Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback – we agree with your assessment of the opportunities and challenges ahead. (And we’re proud to work alongside such smart, dedicated colleagues…) Join in on one of our many ... More

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, flexible work schedule, beautiful offices, great opportunities to learn different work streams and pursue career goals. Competitive salary, incentives health and life insurance plans. If you are motivated and a self starter, you can really flourish in the Medecision environment. There are great leadership programs within the organization that allow cross-functional interaction which really helps see the importance and value of the great work Medecision does every day.

Cons

Too much turnover at the Senior management level which can cause confusion. More projects than there are staff, so prioritizing what to work on can be a challenge. There can be chaos but what software company does not have that from time to time?

Advice to Management

Focus more on bringing in skilled resources to carry out all of the projects and initiatives that are important to the customer base. Continue to focus on product quality across the board as that is the root of who we are and what we are able to achieve!

Medecision Response

May 26, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for posting. We are hiring! Tell your friends and colleagues to check our career portal for great opportunities on our team.

6. "Great place - growing pains"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA

Pros

Management changes and lots of false starts. Mix of moderate to high tech skills. Easy to learn where there is initiative. 5K education credit and good vacation if negotiated up front.

Cons

Management bent on managing things and missing the bottom line. Typical clueless infrastructure could be doing more for less cost.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the right people and stop the Office Space mentality. Don't say things and not follow through.

7. "Coming to work, enyoing it, and truely making a difference in Healthcare!"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Flexibility to work from home and early/late hour options, people love what they do here, technology of new products and apps are exciting, solid benefits and salary, enlightening vision of the company

Cons

Sales cycle and process is lengthy, frustrating, and sometimes confusing due to ever changing healthcare market and approach.

Advice to Management

Keep going with the strategy and apps approach, as it has created a true pop health platform that can and does make a difference in the market with our clients.

"Zeroing In"

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- People - smart, creative, supportive, and team players
    - Results driven organization with flexible and virtual work culture
    - Changing times opens opportunities for growth and re-inventing yourself
    - all levels of employees are empowered to speak professional and candidly about their challenges and solutions
    - internal prioritizarions aligned with marketing and sales strategies. Entire company is in sync

Cons

- Individuals who need structure and clear project timelines will struggle in the organization. You must be able to not only cope with uncertainty but innovate through it
    - legacy product knowledge is disappearing as turnover happens. Challenging to support existing customer base and burdening for those with the the legacy knowledge
    - many new processes are bottom-up changes that have a grassroots feel to them. Clear direction from senior leadership is an obstacle to complete buy-in

Advice to Management

The focus on our organizational goals is palpable and unwavering. Keep charging in that direction.

We are a small company that identifies as challenging the "ways that things have been done", partnering with early adopters of healthcare initiatives, and growing an emoloyee base of strong leaders and experts in your role. That has never been more clear.

Continue to recognize those employees who are adapting to the changes in the organization.

9. "New blood"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Challenging, growing, willing to hear ideas, great comradery with other team members and departmental team members. Not micro managed and most of the time have clearly defined goals and objectives for position.

Cons

Many reorg changes while trying to get the right people in place to help build a stronger and even more innovative team who really understand the industry. It is more of a challenge.

Advice to Management

Look inside you may have people with skill sets that can help you through the changes and challenges.

"Medecision--A Great Place to Work"

Pros

I have been with Medecision for 10 months now. It is a great place to work: teamwork is visible, folks are kind and extremely helpful. Onboarding is the best I have ever experienced in my 36 years in the professional work environment, and the innovation that takes place is electrifying !!

Cons

Every job/work place has its cons. Because its an ever changing environment (healthcare and data that is) priorities move and change, frustration can be a little high at certain times, but all because folks want to produce and produce something of value to patients.

Advice to Management

There are beginning signs of improvement within the areas addressed with employee satisfaction, keep moving that forward, and keep it a priority. There are many talented people who work for Medecision, and retaining them is one of our greatest assets.

"Culture Matters"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

While most companies claim they have a strong culture, Medecision lives it. They focus on a real values fit from the time you start to interview process through the goals I set. I have been involved in the selecting employees and believe leadership is committed to hiring people who are focused on growing the company with people who enjoy technology, healthcare and change.

Cons

Some of the new leadership needs to remember that the culture piece is sometimes more important than the skill fit.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees. They have great ideas and input.