Medecision Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Medecision President & CEO Deborah M. Gage
Deborah M. Gage

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A lot of employees get to work from home and yet we are still a close knit and cohesive unit (in 13 reviews)

• Flexibility in working at home and the office is a real help for work life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a challenge but a lot of this can be controlled by employees setting their own boundaries based on their own preference (in 12 reviews)

• Too much turnover at the Senior management level which can cause confusion (in 9 reviews)

1. "VP"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

The people! Every employee is a true innovator and has a passion to improve health care. Everyone is truly trying to work as a team to make change. It's a fast-paced exciting place to work. People genuinely care about their teammates and their daily work.

Cons

Rapid change brings chaos at times and some managers need to enhance their management skills to effectively guide teams through that change.

Advice to Management

Great people are leaving due to their managers not the organization. Focus on employee retention and improving management leadership skills.

2. "Hectic but rewarding."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is fast paced but the work is rewarding. A lot of employees get to work from home and yet we are still a close knit and cohesive unit.

Cons

Work can sometimes creep into your personal life if you let it.

Advice to Management

We are on the verge of something great so keep pushing.

3. "A Great Place To Thrive!"

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Medecision has strong leadership at all levels - with a culture of candor and collaboration to support success. The solution truly helps health plans and healthcare providers proactively manage the clinical and financial risk of their populations. Medecision truly invests in its people, product , process and promotion to support success -- and there is an accountability at all levels to execute on strategy. It's a great and fun place to work, learn and thrive in your role.

Cons

Medecision's challenge is not so much internal but external market dynamics. Specifically, healthcare organizations have been let down by other population health vendors who have not delivered. Medecision has a 30 year track record and proven solution that aligns well to today's value based care requirements. That said, Medecision is facing slower adoption but successfully overcoming this dynamic by establishing trust through achieving results for its customers. In addition, the market's increasing speed to value based purchasing and full risk bearing of patient/member populations will further accelerate Medecision's growth and success.

Advice to Management

Your process of encouraging open, proactive communications at all levels is making a strong difference to support team and company success. Your employee town hall sessions are extremely helpful as they ensure all employees have visibility on progress against plan. The way you recognize individuals and teams, and sponsor ways to help our communities, is exemplary.

4. "5 Stars"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

There is a genuine desire to concept, develop, launch, and evolve quality solutions that benefit the market, ultimately improving the health of 50M Americans that flow through the Aerial application. It's really cool that my / our work product can have a real and tangible benefit to customers and our customer's customers.

Executive Leadership is comprised of good people. They know my name, they take an interest in me and my family's life and well being. Senior Leadership is trustworthy and down to earth. There is a human side to Medecision that sets us apart from other companies this size.

I am proud to work at Medecision; our offerings, people, and culture are very respectable.

Cons

Too many meetings.

A few bad apples are in the mix, but that is true of any company.

"Well positioned to tap ongoing disruption in population health"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Pros

Strong market position with progressive plans and providers leading population health initiatives

Compelling solutions that enable clients manage risk beyond “their 4 walls” by aggregating data from multiple payers, health systems and patients and serving up actionable insights to close gaps in care – very few competitors can do this!

Great programs for employees that take advantage of them – leadership training, mentoring program, employee-initiated career development

Startup culture that presents challenging work for those ready to take it on

Cons

Dynamic market change happening on a monthly basis is not for everyone. Work here if you love being at the forefront of change in HIT, ready to roll up your sleeves, and are up for the challenge to deliver exceptional customer experience.

With flexible working locations, remote roles, and sometimes unstructured business opportunities, you have to proactively manage workload demands, work/life balance and career interests. Be ready to lead and contribute.

This is not a predictable, 9-5 kind of place. Meeting customer needs requires flexibility, passion, perseverance and “can do” teamwork.

Advice to Management

Invest in product design and customer experience to differentiate further from competitors. It all starts with recruiting and retaining great people. Celebrate and reward your high performers.

Focus on filling skill gaps to meet changing market needs. Anticipate and provide some structure around emerging market opportunities. Your employees are talented and can even do more when they have the right resources ramped up and are aligned on meeting customer pain points.

Medecision Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for the post, and for taking the time to review us/our company. We’re glad your experience is positive and that you’re noticing the programs that we’ve invested in, focused on employee... More

"In the home stretch"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

I have worked at Medecision for many years, and have lived through the transition, the leadership changes, and product challenges, and yes, they were trying years. I can state, with true honesty, that I feel Medecision is on the right path! We are lazar focused on the Clients, ensuring we are solving their business problems with our experience and solutions and placing their needs before all. As employees, we get caught up in the negative, which is normal when an organization is in transition. And yes, the years were rough, but I am not aware of any organization that is perfect. We don't take the time to celebrate the accomplishments, and if we are all honest with ourselves, there are many. I believe we have opportunity for additional changes, and I expect they will happen, and I believe Deb is aware, and acting on them. I leave you with this….as a client facing employee, the feedback from the clients is positive, and they recognize and feel the changes we have made and they have trust in our partnership.

Cons

There are people who are not willing to be empowered to force change or make a decision. It may be their role, it may be their personality, or it may be their management, but if it is the later, or if you think your hands are tied, talk to Deb or Susan. I spend too much of my time chasing people to assist with an issue or resolve a problem that could be spent with the clients.

Advice to Management

Keep looking, keep your ear to the ground, ask questions and verify. We are in the final stretch, and with a few adjustments, we will cross the finish line in first place.

Medecision Response

Mar 27, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for your positive feedback! I am glad that Medecision has been part of your professional life, and that your perspective on the ups and downs is balanced. As you suggest, participate in our... More

"Exciting work with great people"

Current Employee - Software Developer I in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Software Developer I in Wayne, PA

Pros

I have been with Medecision for 2 years now. I really like working for this company. The people are great and the work is exciting. It can be challenging at times but we work together as a team and get it done. I have learned so much since I have been here. I like my current position but think there may be some opportunities for me when I am ready to step into a bigger role. And the location is great.

Cons

Like any IT job, there is pressure to deliver, especially near hte end of the project.

"Medecision Creates a Culture of Collective Ambition"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company Values
    Option to Work From Home
    Salary
    Passionate Leadership and Peers
    Intelligent Peers
    Promotion from within
    Recognition Award Programs

Cons

Managers that comment negativity about leadership decisions. This attitude is disruptive, so be apart of the solution. Please stop contributing to the white noise.

Advice to Management

The leaders of Medecision don't just want to build a profitable company. Our leaders want Medecision to matter to customers, employees, and the community by fostering a culture of collective ambition. This is an exciting time to be apart of Medecision. I dare you to find out.

9. "Software developer"

Pros

This company in great business and great ideas

Cons

The software and technology is always up to date

Advice to Management

Keep up a good work

10. "Innovative company, focused on changing healthcare by delivering exceptional value to customers and employees"

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Medecision is hyper focused on delivering exceptional service to our current and prospective clients. This creates an environment that encourages employees to act like owners and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. Only second to customer experience is employee satisfaction, our executives are actively engaged in improving our work experience to ensure employees are happy, healthy and productive. Medecision has been in the market for over 25 years so we have extensive experience and capabilities that we are able to share with our clients. Finally our executives are passionate and razor sharp driving the vision for our company and solutions.

Cons

401K match is not competitive. The market is in a constant state of flux demanding flexibility and challenges on the employees. Time off is fairly conservative and you are not allowed to roll over time not used.

Advice to Management

Keep driving the market is still in front of us. Even though this is a mature company the market is new and may require nimble and quick responses to be competitive.