Medecision Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Medecision President & CEO Deborah M. Gage
Deborah M. Gage

Pros
  • never an issue to work from home (in 12 reviews)

• Flexibility allows for work-life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a challenge but a lot of this can be controlled by employees setting their own boundaries based on their own preference (in 12 reviews)

• In some instances, there are elements of senior management to whom the word "help" means "do the job for me while I look on" (in 9 reviews)

1. "manager"

I worked at Medecision full-time

Pros

Snacks are free and 401 matching is ok

Cons

Everything..bad CEO and sales force who does not how to sell products

2. "Coming to work, enyoing it, and truely making a difference in Healthcare!"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Flexibility to work from home and early/late hour options, people love what they do here, technology of new products and apps are exciting, solid benefits and salary, enlightening vision of the company

Cons

Sales cycle and process is lengthy, frustrating, and sometimes confusing due to ever changing healthcare market and approach.

Advice to Management

Keep going with the strategy and apps approach, as it has created a true pop health platform that can and does make a difference in the market with our clients.

"Non-Management Role"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Can't say that there are really any pros.

Cons

Racist and favorites those that kisses butt to get to the top. It starts from the top down. Management turns a blind eye to the issues because they ARE the problem. You'll see a trend in employees leaving and when you realize it, that's when you're no longer blinded by how fake everyone is to one another. They will be fake to your face and then behind your back already plan for your funeral to be pushed out the door. Their excuses will always be "your position has grown and you no longer fit the position". They've said that to just about every person they've pushed out the door in the past couple of months. However, it's them pushing people out the door so that they can bring in people that they know on a personal/favorable level.

Advice to Management

There's no advice that will make them change except for them to realize that their personalities need to change before they get sued one day because they let go the wrong person.

Medecision Response

Apr 24, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. It’s important that you know that Medecision takes any discussion regarding discrimination seriously, and we need to understand more. It is the responsibility of all ... More

"Zeroing In"

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- People - smart, creative, supportive, and team players
    - Results driven organization with flexible and virtual work culture
    - Changing times opens opportunities for growth and re-inventing yourself
    - all levels of employees are empowered to speak professional and candidly about their challenges and solutions
    - internal prioritizarions aligned with marketing and sales strategies. Entire company is in sync

Cons

- Individuals who need structure and clear project timelines will struggle in the organization. You must be able to not only cope with uncertainty but innovate through it
    - legacy product knowledge is disappearing as turnover happens. Challenging to support existing customer base and burdening for those with the the legacy knowledge
    - many new processes are bottom-up changes that have a grassroots feel to them. Clear direction from senior leadership is an obstacle to complete buy-in

Advice to Management

The focus on our organizational goals is palpable and unwavering. Keep charging in that direction.

We are a small company that identifies as challenging the "ways that things have been done", partnering with early adopters of healthcare initiatives, and growing an emoloyee base of strong leaders and experts in your role. That has never been more clear.

Continue to recognize those employees who are adapting to the changes in the organization.

6. "New blood"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Challenging, growing, willing to hear ideas, great comradery with other team members and departmental team members. Not micro managed and most of the time have clearly defined goals and objectives for position.

Cons

Many reorg changes while trying to get the right people in place to help build a stronger and even more innovative team who really understand the industry. It is more of a challenge.

Advice to Management

Look inside you may have people with skill sets that can help you through the changes and challenges.

"Fun, Fast, Innovative"

Current Employee - Senior Director Marketing in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Director Marketing in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Medecision is on the leading edge of pop health and is constantly looking for new and improved ways to better the healthcare industry. The leadership takes the success of the business very personal and is invested both in time and effort. There is unprecedented access to leadership with open ears and minds. Smart and fun people work here, but we work hard - and play hard. This is a place which fosters and encourages ambition. A really fantastic place to work.

Cons

There are a lot of virtual employees so if you're not as comfortable working with remote and matrix-ed groups - you won't find it easy here. The fast paced nature of our business means we can sometimes get ahead of ourselves - with the best intentions - but that can create rework and inefficiencies, but nothing uncommon in this type of company. There really aren't a lot of cons.

Advice to Management

Keep moving fast and driving teams to dig deep for the next game changing element of pop health but remember to continue nurturing innovations and apps that go live. It's easy to forget about the last thing we made when we're all moving quickly towards the next. Otherwise - keep it up!

8. "A Great Place To Thrive!"

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Medecision has strong leadership at all levels - with a culture of candor and collaboration to support success. The solution truly helps health plans and healthcare providers proactively manage the clinical and financial risk of their populations. Medecision truly invests in its people, product , process and promotion to support success -- and there is an accountability at all levels to execute on strategy. It's a great and fun place to work, learn and thrive in your role.

Cons

Medecision's challenge is not so much internal but external market dynamics. Specifically, healthcare organizations have been let down by other population health vendors who have not delivered. Medecision has a 30 year track record and proven solution that aligns well to today's value based care requirements. That said, Medecision is facing slower adoption but successfully overcoming this dynamic by establishing trust through achieving results for its customers. In addition, the market's increasing speed to value based purchasing and full risk bearing of patient/member populations will further accelerate Medecision's growth and success.

Advice to Management

Your process of encouraging open, proactive communications at all levels is making a strong difference to support team and company success. Your employee town hall sessions are extremely helpful as they ensure all employees have visibility on progress against plan. The way you recognize individuals and teams, and sponsor ways to help our communities, is exemplary.

9. "5 Stars"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

There is a genuine desire to concept, develop, launch, and evolve quality solutions that benefit the market, ultimately improving the health of 50M Americans that flow through the Aerial application. It's really cool that my / our work product can have a real and tangible benefit to customers and our customer's customers.

Executive Leadership is comprised of good people. They know my name, they take an interest in me and my family's life and well being. Senior Leadership is trustworthy and down to earth. There is a human side to Medecision that sets us apart from other companies this size.

I am proud to work at Medecision; our offerings, people, and culture are very respectable.

Cons

Too many meetings.

A few bad apples are in the mix, but that is true of any company.

"Medecision....."

Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with Medecision for almost 9yrs now. As a working mother, this place has ensured I spend good amount of time with my small kids n family, this is coz of the flexibility they offer for your work schedule and work location. Where my career is concerned in these past years, my growth and learning has never been stagnant If you are hard working and career oriented you have so many options. I have moved around various departments to keep my interest going and learn new things. I have always had the backing of my management for my growth n support my family life! The people and culture group as so many career enhancing training which shows they truly care for your growth.

Cons

Health Care is an ever changing market, because of which, this company is super fast paced and the process keeps evolving. Some people enjoy being on their toes which I do, for some it may be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep the flexibility for employees to change career or try new departments going. Various trainings offered for individual growth is super awesome to have.

"Medecision--A Great Place to Work"

Pros

I have been with Medecision for 10 months now. It is a great place to work: teamwork is visible, folks are kind and extremely helpful. Onboarding is the best I have ever experienced in my 36 years in the professional work environment, and the innovation that takes place is electrifying !!

Cons

Every job/work place has its cons. Because its an ever changing environment (healthcare and data that is) priorities move and change, frustration can be a little high at certain times, but all because folks want to produce and produce something of value to patients.

Advice to Management

There are beginning signs of improvement within the areas addressed with employee satisfaction, keep moving that forward, and keep it a priority. There are many talented people who work for Medecision, and retaining them is one of our greatest assets.