Medecision Reviews | Glassdoor

Medecision Reviews

Updated April 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • never an issue to work from home (in 12 reviews)

• Flexibility allows for work-life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a challenge but a lot of this can be controlled by employees setting their own boundaries based on their own preference (in 12 reviews)

• In some instances, there are elements of senior management to whom the word "help" means "do the job for me while I look on" (in 9 reviews)

"Ringling Brothers a. k.a Medecision"

Former Employee - Employee in Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Employee in Wayne, PA

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's a lot of experience to be gained at this company. It's a great place to grow your career, if you can stomach the environment. Compensation is above average to its competitors. There are still a lot of good dedicated, and talented employees that remain at this company.

Cons

Why Ringling Brothers? It's more about the show to usher the curious and fascinated in. Once you're in, the real show begins: Constant fire drills and hoops to jump through that often derails an employees work day. The current environment is an overall demanding and thankless environment that is lead with fear and intimidation. Although some departments experience work life balance, others do not. A 50 hour work week is most times never enough. There's an overall lack of support to the employees from a leadership level. Leadership has seemed to constantly miss their wake up call to these problems which leaves me with one final question: Is their commitment truly with the company?

Advice to Management

If you want to balance out these reviews on glass door.com the correct way, start by focusing on the internal problems first. For an example: The incredibly high turn over rate for a company of less than 200; product defects/ failures that result in poor sales; the mismanagement of the company that starts at the top. When people start to visit glass door.com to write a great review about their experience with Medecision, then maybe that will be a sign that you've turned a corner, instead of desperately instructing your employee base to post positive reviews as your bandaid to this site. Remember: If the surface is dirty, bandaids will come off.

Oct 24, 2014 – Chief People Officer

It’s true - work/life balance remains a challenge for many of us in healthcare IT – including Medecision employees. Our leadership team continues to seek ways to support our growth, add to our ... More

"Medecision - Great work, challenging industry, good people"

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation is competitive, New office buildings are fabulous. VIrtual work is an option. New tecnology opportunities abound.

Cons

Lots of change with Medecision. Folks that work here need to like a challenging environment where work is ever changing. Leadershhip, Innovation and Candor are expected so be prepared!

"Great place to work with a lot of momentum going on ."

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

Company is growing. The leadership team is strong, listens to the employees, and is client focus. More importantly, they are approachable. The company is moving to state of the art facilities, which plenty of opportunities for work life balance. It has an unbelievable mentoring program. We have a lot of momentum going on for us with exciting on-going projects and lot of opportunities in the Pipeline. If you like working hard, like challenges, and not afraid to speak up, this is the place to be.

Cons

There is always room for improvement in any organization. The leadership team is putting a lot of effort to improve legacy processes that could block future growth.

"Unhappy employees, Unhappy clients"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule with telecommuting and work-from-home options.
    Adequate pay and benefits.
    Everyone is buzzing about the fancy coffee machines in the new offices.

Cons

ELT and SLT do not get along in their own teams, hire personal cronies without the requsite skills sets or industry knowledge to move Medecision forward, and are not seen as credible by the employees.
    Performance issues with leadership and staff, are not addressed while high performing staff is exiting out the door at an alarming rate. Employee morale is at an all time low. Clients are dissatisfied and we cannot seem to turn the tide.
    Unprofessional communication is frequent, in person, on the phone and during meetings. We are encouraged to speak candidly, yet when the few who risk it are blackballed, it makes people think being quiet is the better option. The workplace pipeline is rich with information as leadership seems incapable of knowing when and what to share.

Advice to Management

ELT/SLT-Hold each other accountable and if your peers cannot lead the Medecision charge, help them out of the organization now. Stop lying to employees and clients.

"Business Case of how NOT to run a company"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small and initmate feel
    Work/life balance
    Employees from every level that commisurate with each other

Cons

Leadership is grossly underqualified
    Voted "most hated job thus far" by current employees
    Leadership can not articulate a strong business strategy

Advice to Management

I have seen this company go from very promising to a nightmare on all levels. Morale is horrilble and has been for about 2 years. Leadership knows this yet will do nothing to make it right The most recent insult is a message we received from the top asking us to post reviews on Glassdoor to dissuade the negative views. Good or bad wink-wink. The employees that stay are merely doing it because its comfortable. You would be hard pressed to find an employee that really cares about the happiness of our customers or quality of what they receive at this point. Top leadership is generally just unliked. The prevailing feeling is that chief is not trustworthy. HCSG should really consider dissolving the relationship if they wish to have a stronger bottom line.

Sep 28, 2014 – Chief People Officer

No ‘wink-wink’ intention at all, Senior Director. The leadership team at Medecision welcomes, honors and works hard to address all employee feedback, the pros and the cons, and offers many avenues ... More

"Great company for VPs; so bad for workers"

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. If you are a VP or SVP, the money and perks flow.

Cons

The cast system is in full play at Medecision. Upper management lives the high life while anyone working or producing is expected to work like a dog! There is too much work for the number of staff.

Advice to Management

Cut scope or add staff. Listen to employees. Consider promoting existing employees instead of bringing in new high dollar people that know nothing.

Sep 30, 2014 – Chief People Officer

Medecision is actively recruiting staff at all levels of the Company. In the last year, we have hired many employees at Director and lower levels, or about 75% of total recruitment. We also have an ... More

"been there 3 years"

Former Employee - Pion in Chesterbrook, PA
    Former Employee - Pion in Chesterbrook, PA

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice co workers, very friendly and hard working.

Cons

managers suck. 4 vp's just resigned. other workers are leaving on a weekly basis. lot's of outsourcing. management hires there friends who are clueless and bullies. my manager belittles our staff with condescending emails to our entire group, singling out individuals. hi stress levels. CEO is on her own agenda, driving the company into the ground. Management is clueless as to why someone wants to leave.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring friends or former co workers from previous companies. Stop hiring consulting companies who are lazy and do not know what they are doing.

"Road map?"

Former Employee - Client Facing in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Client Facing in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great people, and great marketing.

Cons

Ridiculous hours, no work/life balance. Everything seems to be a challenge to get done since they let go a third of the company.

Advice to Management

Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk. Trying so hard to be employee friendly and change the culture, but it's not working.

"Great work environment"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, pleasant work environment, spacious campus.

Cons

Company tends to have focus in different directions.

Advice to Management

Need clear management direction and focus on product quality.

"Typical KookAid - a lot of talk, little relevant action"

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is great.

Thankfully still some good people around, though many have left.

Cons

Poor products and poor support for them. Little if anything done to address either. Just keep pushing out the next new incomplete features.

Not all, but many ... Managers who don't actually manage anything, seem like they don't actually want to manage, but want a managerial title and, if anything, "lead from behind" and try to apply pressure to get what they want. (a quote: "Let me find out who I have to push around to get this done.")

Upper management that seems to know plenty about sales & marketing, but little about what it takes to have something clients actually want. (a quote: "Sales cures all ills.")

A lot of talk about work/life balance, but don't try to actually have work/life balance. Can accrue plenty of time off, just don't expect to be able to use it; or if you do, expect to have to work while you're away.

Advice to Management

The problem's not with the staff. It's with the lack of necessary leadership, lack of management, dismal product quality and poor, when there is any, support for it.