Medecision Reviews | Glassdoor

Medecision Reviews

Updated November 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A lot of employees get to work from home and yet we are still a close knit and cohesive unit (in 13 reviews)

• Flexibility in working at home and the office is a real help for work life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a challenge but a lot of this can be controlled by employees setting their own boundaries based on their own preference (in 13 reviews)

• Too much turnover at the Senior management level which can cause confusion (in 9 reviews)

"Fun, Fast, Innovative"

Current Employee - Senior Director Marketing in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Director Marketing in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Medecision is on the leading edge of pop health and is constantly looking for new and improved ways to better the healthcare industry. The leadership takes the success of the business very personal and is invested both in time and effort. There is unprecedented access to leadership with open ears and minds. Smart and fun people work here, but we work hard - and play hard. This is a place which fosters and encourages ambition. A really fantastic place to work.

Cons

There are a lot of virtual employees so if you're not as comfortable working with remote and matrix-ed groups - you won't find it easy here. The fast paced nature of our business means we can sometimes get ahead of ourselves - with the best intentions - but that can create rework and inefficiencies, but nothing uncommon in this type of company. There really aren't a lot of cons.

Advice to Management

Keep moving fast and driving teams to dig deep for the next game changing element of pop health but remember to continue nurturing innovations and apps that go live. It's easy to forget about the last thing we made when we're all moving quickly towards the next. Otherwise - keep it up!

2. "A Great Place To Thrive!"

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Medecision has strong leadership at all levels - with a culture of candor and collaboration to support success. The solution truly helps health plans and healthcare providers proactively manage the clinical and financial risk of their populations. Medecision truly invests in its people, product , process and promotion to support success -- and there is an accountability at all levels to execute on strategy. It's a great and fun place to work, learn and thrive in your role.

Cons

Medecision's challenge is not so much internal but external market dynamics. Specifically, healthcare organizations have been let down by other population health vendors who have not delivered. Medecision has a 30 year track record and proven solution that aligns well to today's value based care requirements. That said, Medecision is facing slower adoption but successfully overcoming this dynamic by establishing trust through achieving results for its customers. In addition, the market's increasing speed to value based purchasing and full risk bearing of patient/member populations will further accelerate Medecision's growth and success.

Advice to Management

Your process of encouraging open, proactive communications at all levels is making a strong difference to support team and company success. Your employee town hall sessions are extremely helpful as they ensure all employees have visibility on progress against plan. The way you recognize individuals and teams, and sponsor ways to help our communities, is exemplary.

3. "5 Stars"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

There is a genuine desire to concept, develop, launch, and evolve quality solutions that benefit the market, ultimately improving the health of 50M Americans that flow through the Aerial application. It's really cool that my / our work product can have a real and tangible benefit to customers and our customer's customers.

Executive Leadership is comprised of good people. They know my name, they take an interest in me and my family's life and well being. Senior Leadership is trustworthy and down to earth. There is a human side to Medecision that sets us apart from other companies this size.

I am proud to work at Medecision; our offerings, people, and culture are very respectable.

Cons

Too many meetings.

A few bad apples are in the mix, but that is true of any company.

"Medecision....."

Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with Medecision for almost 9yrs now. As a working mother, this place has ensured I spend good amount of time with my small kids n family, this is coz of the flexibility they offer for your work schedule and work location. Where my career is concerned in these past years, my growth and learning has never been stagnant If you are hard working and career oriented you have so many options. I have moved around various departments to keep my interest going and learn new things. I have always had the backing of my management for my growth n support my family life! The people and culture group as so many career enhancing training which shows they truly care for your growth.

Cons

Health Care is an ever changing market, because of which, this company is super fast paced and the process keeps evolving. Some people enjoy being on their toes which I do, for some it may be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep the flexibility for employees to change career or try new departments going. Various trainings offered for individual growth is super awesome to have.

"Medecision--A Great Place to Work"

Pros

I have been with Medecision for 10 months now. It is a great place to work: teamwork is visible, folks are kind and extremely helpful. Onboarding is the best I have ever experienced in my 36 years in the professional work environment, and the innovation that takes place is electrifying !!

Cons

Every job/work place has its cons. Because its an ever changing environment (healthcare and data that is) priorities move and change, frustration can be a little high at certain times, but all because folks want to produce and produce something of value to patients.

Advice to Management

There are beginning signs of improvement within the areas addressed with employee satisfaction, keep moving that forward, and keep it a priority. There are many talented people who work for Medecision, and retaining them is one of our greatest assets.

"Medecision"

Pros

Flexible hours. Previously had a fantastic Culture.

Cons

Leadership lacks vision. Looked down on Employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to middle management

"Culture Matters"

I have been working at Medecision full-time

Pros

While most companies claim they have a strong culture, Medecision lives it. They focus on a real values fit from the time you start to interview process through the goals I set. I have been involved in the selecting employees and believe leadership is committed to hiring people who are focused on growing the company with people who enjoy technology, healthcare and change.

Cons

Some of the new leadership needs to remember that the culture piece is sometimes more important than the skill fit.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees. They have great ideas and input.

"Learning experience"

Pros

Learned a great deal there, entrusted with a great deal of responsibility and empowered to act

Cons

Way too much cronyism, some in management had no business being at their respective positions, lacking experience and temperament for the role.

"Well positioned to tap ongoing disruption in population health"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Pros

Strong market position with progressive plans and providers leading population health initiatives

Compelling solutions that enable clients manage risk beyond “their 4 walls” by aggregating data from multiple payers, health systems and patients and serving up actionable insights to close gaps in care – very few competitors can do this!

Great programs for employees that take advantage of them – leadership training, mentoring program, employee-initiated career development

Startup culture that presents challenging work for those ready to take it on

Cons

Dynamic market change happening on a monthly basis is not for everyone. Work here if you love being at the forefront of change in HIT, ready to roll up your sleeves, and are up for the challenge to deliver exceptional customer experience.

With flexible working locations, remote roles, and sometimes unstructured business opportunities, you have to proactively manage workload demands, work/life balance and career interests. Be ready to lead and contribute.

This is not a predictable, 9-5 kind of place. Meeting customer needs requires flexibility, passion, perseverance and “can do” teamwork.

Advice to Management

Invest in product design and customer experience to differentiate further from competitors. It all starts with recruiting and retaining great people. Celebrate and reward your high performers.

Focus on filling skill gaps to meet changing market needs. Anticipate and provide some structure around emerging market opportunities. Your employees are talented and can even do more when they have the right resources ramped up and are aligned on meeting customer pain points.

Medecision Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for the post, and for taking the time to review us/our company. We’re glad your experience is positive and that you’re noticing the programs that we’ve invested in, focused on employee... More

"A true leader in the Pop Health IT space that is dedicated to its people"

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Medecision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Leadership team - I have never come across a more engaged and committed executive leadership team. Employee satisfaction and engagement are taken very seriously and the leadership is highly responsive to the needs of the workforce.

2. Talent - recruitment and hiring processes are very thorough and CEO interviews every new person coming in. As a result, the company is home to incredibly bright people with very impressive backgrounds and experiences.

3. The product and commitment to client needs - the Pop Health and Care Management HealthIT market is incredibly dynamic. The end users - providers and payers - are themselves uncertain of their needs as we continue to transition into the world of accountable health care. Medecision's product is in many ways ahead of the market, but it does offer the best solution relative to the competition.

4. Compensation and career growth - very competitive salaries and excellent resources for career development. For instance, the company offers a formal Mentorship program that connects any level employee with the executive leadership team for a 6 month mentorship process. Additionally, in the short time that I have been with the company, I have seen multiple instances of hard-working individuals being advanced, regardless of the duration of their tenure with the company.

Cons

1. The organization continues to undergo a substantial cultural shift as it positions itself within the very dynamic, every-changing market. There are still components of the company that have not adjusted well. In some instances, there are elements of senior management to whom the word "help" means "do the job for me while I look on".

2. Mediocre 401k and benefits package

Advice to Management

1. Bolster the mid-level workforce resources - bring on more analysts and project managers to help implement, and action the great strategy work that takes place. Clearly define roles and accountability to avoid over-burdening your high-performers and "doers" by having them pick up the slack for others. Senior managers - roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.

2. Keep doing what you are doing with talent recognition and nurturing your current work force! The genuine dedication to your people is clear and is exemplary.

3. Beef up the benefits package - especially the 401k plan.

Medecision Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback – we agree with your assessment of the opportunities and challenges ahead. (And we’re proud to work alongside such smart, dedicated colleagues…) Join in on one of our many... More