Medfusion Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Kimberly Labow

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The grass is NOT always greener on the other side!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Cary, NC

I have been working at Medfusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is going places! I have worked for the company for 4 years! I love how transparent the management team is! I mean really, how many companies do you know where you can walk into the CEO’s office and talk to them and leave feeling like they care and they truly listened? I’ve been able to do that recently! Also the innovative atmosphere we have and products we are releasing are game changers in healthcare IT! Not to mention we just took home the Beacon Award for Innovate Product at the NCTA tech Awards 2017! The culture and flexibility is amazing and we all work together as a team and we work hard! I recently left thinking the grass was greener on the other side... boy was I wrong! I am beyond excited to be back!

Cons

I would say if I had to say there was a Con it would be the company not matching 401K.

Advice to Management

Seriously, keep up the amazing work! We have so many great things in the pipeline and I’m excited to see what happens in 2018!

"Time For a Real Career"

I worked at Medfusion full-time

Pros

A good place to start a career.

Cons

Bad place to grow a career. No stability. Poor benefits. As someone that left on their own, not laid off, let me just point out that people are leaving for the same positions and getting paid $10k - $20k more, with better benefits, and their companies win awards every year too. Not to mention, have you ever seen a company so worried about their reputation on Glassdoor? What does that tell you? #dirtylittlesecrets

Advice to Management

No point, they won't listen. It's all up to the owner anyways. The CEO can be compassionate, but it's not her decision at the EOD.

3. "Great group of people to work with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I have been working at Medfusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is not a regular 9-5 job - no matter what role you are in. You truly get back what you put in and most people here are passionate and put in the effort required to achieve success. Being a smaller company we need everyone to hold up their end and when that doesn't happen it does lead to disgruntled workers which explain most of the negative reviews on here. However hard work is appreciated and the projects at Medfusion directly impact the broken experience for patients in our healthcare system which makes most of us personally vested. There is tremendous opportunity for growth if you strive for it. Work life balance is great as long as you can deliver your commitments.

Cons

Layoffs are often necessary but have been jarring. May need a better transition plan after a lay off.
    Benefits are not on par with other companies in the area for certain roles.

4. "The grass is always greener ... or is it?"

I have been working at Medfusion full-time

Pros

I normally don't participate in this kind of social commentary, but hearing about all this negativity from my colleagues I had to respond. I've worked at Medfusion for a few years, and a number of other companies before that. Nothing is perfect; but your work is what you make it.

Yes, the company has had layoffs, but get real it's everywhere (Oracle, IBM, Allscripts, CREE to name a few). We're building some cool products and for the most part we're all working together.

The leadership team actually cares about the employees which I can promise is not the same everywhere. And if you know anything about healthcare you'd know that the benefits are comparable if not better.

I am sure it makes people feel better to spread negativity but the truth is we make our own reality every day.

Cons

Got to agree that not having a 401k match is a bummer.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Listen, learn, and respond.

"Unstable"

Former Employee - Former Employee in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Cary, NC

I worked at Medfusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free Beer and Snack, Casual dress code, flexible work hours

Cons

Frequent layoffs and lock of growth opportunity, No 401k

Advice to Management

Respect the people helping you build the company

"Great Product Mix"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I have been working at Medfusion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family Environment, Cutting Edge Products, Nimble

Cons

It is a smaller company so not all of the great ideas can be worked on right away.

Advice to Management

Continue to build out the platform

7. "Excitement as we grow and succeed"

I have been working at Medfusion full-time

Pros

Medfusion has been through a lot of change over the past few years, but we are now on the path to success. We have a focus and a goal and we are all working towards the same thing. Our leadership team is honest and transparent and that's not something you find every day. I am looking forward to seeing where this year and our patient experience focus takes us.

Cons

At this point I don't have any 'cons' to share. I like where we are going and I have trust in the SLT that they're making good decisions for the company and our employees.

Advice to Management

I'd just say to keep up the communication and transparency. My manager expects a lot from us but also from himself; he is fair and hardworking. it's pretty easy to work for people who have those values.

8. "Challenges me to grow; lots always going on"

I have been working at Medfusion full-time

Pros

I have been with Medfusion for a few years and it's been through a lot. Change is always hard but I like the changes I'm seeing. I like a management team that listens and includes employees, and new challenges and opportunities offered to employees often. My job is never boring and I am given a chance to grow if I want to. At Medfusion you're not just a 'number.'

Cons

I'd like to see a 401k match at some point.

Advice to Management

Keep the communications coming; thanks for being inclusive.

"Started out great until management changed"

I worked at Medfusion full-time

Pros

employee engagement is about it.

Cons

Everything. Horrible HR team with horrible transparency. Discusses people's personal situations with other staff. Executive management talks down to you and horrible turnover here. Unless they're replacing the CEO and management- steer clear.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat all your employees and not just your favorites.

"Incompetence"

Current Employee - Management in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Management in Cary, NC

I have been working at Medfusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The actual employees who tolerate the lack of leadership and competence from the executive team...

Cons

Top heavy organization that lacks guidance and leadership to an actual team that would help them with their goals. Reactionary strategy to the market with no vision for what's next, total "me too company". Marketing leader who has not created any value to the organization.

Advice to Management

Stop with the good ole girl favoritism and hire a CEO who has the where with all to run an organization.