Media Assembly Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2019

Found 88 reviews

2.7
Martin Cass
Pros
  • "Most transparent upper management I’ve encountered in an agency, supportive of one’s career growth and wants their employees to stay(in 6 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Cons

"A great way to avoid automotive and work on a variety of clients"

Former Employee - Associate Director in Southfield, MI

I worked at Media Assembly full-time for more than a year

Pros

Non-automotive and far away from the madness that is GM. Competitive pay and great benefits Relaxed atmosphere like most ad agencies: casual dress and beer in the fridge Variety of clients in retail, cpg, food, etc.

Cons

Office could use updating but the open space is cool You have to get in your car to grab food as the cafeteria pretty bland

Advice to Management

n/a

Media Assembly2018-12-18

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Insight Analyst

I worked at Media Assembly full-time

Pros

Great office, some really smart people working there.

Cons

No culture, very difficult to learn from coworkers, poor communication, even worse leadership.

Advice to Management

Engage junior members of staff

Media Assembly2019-05-14

"Just a mess"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Media Assembly full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free snacks and drinks Next to mall Casual dress code

Cons

-Absolutely no work/life balance, everyone is burnt out -The turnover is insane and upper management is not willing to backfill or hire staff -No culture at all, it just seems fake and superficial -No credit given for good work but quick to blame if something goes wrong -No training process whatsoever, have to fend for yourself -The entertainment client can be demanding and you’re expected to do backflips for them...

Advice to Management

“Stay woke” in your own company. Hire more staff. Stop cutting corners and start addressing employee concerns. Getting new clients doesn’t mean anything if you don’t have anyone left.

Media Assembly2019-04-02

"Toxic and Unhealthy work culture"

Current Employee - Amd in New York, NY

I have been working at Media Assembly full-time for less than a year

Pros

No pros at all. Never seen such a disorganized agency and pathetic work culture.

Cons

- Extreme long work hours - Upper management does not care about teams and making teams work - Lack of discipline across all teams all accounts - Extremely unhealthy work environment - High gender discrimination and color discrimination

Advice to Management

Maybe think of shutting down your company?

Media Assembly2019-04-02

"Look elsewhere, sinking ship. Poor morale and very high turnover"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Media Assembly full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Good office location next to the mall -Snacks and drinks in the office -Exposure to big name entertainment clients

Cons

Where do I start...other negative reviews are pretty spot on but here's my take: -High turnover and understaffed teams across various departments. Upper management refuses to back fill and this means current staff are overworked -While I was in the LA office I saw a turnover of literally 25-30% at the company! -Long hours and a poor work-life balance. Expected to turn things around for clients within 24 hours or less...

Media Assembly2019-03-28

"Nope"

I worked at Media Assembly part-time

Pros

Early leave during holidays....casual dressing

Cons

There is a Lack of communication within department

Advice to Management

Enhance Communication skills amongst team members in the same department

Media Assembly2019-01-29

"It's Just Kind of a Joke"

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Media Assembly full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lot of free food and drinks. If you find someone you can commiserate with that's nice too.

Cons

Bonkers micro management. I've never seen such high turnover. People are burned out so quickly because the place is wildly understaffed and we also do backflips for our clients because we're so afraid of pushing back. NO work/life balance. Some members of the team have to start a 6am per client request. Some have to stay late into the night regularly just to get by.

Advice to Management

The main concern is that it's very, very obvious that employees are burned out and unhappy. But nothing is done. In return we received a "culture" book telling us to "stay woke".

Media Assembly2019-01-16

"Terrible"

I have been working at Media Assembly

Pros

- highest starting salary, and is willing to essentially pay you whatever you need to move - if you are looking for non-auto.. this is a possibility - smaller agency, don’t need to worry about getting lost in the crowd - upper management for the most part is actually pretty cool, they have done a tremendous job in the turn around since their arrival

Cons

- be prepared to be micromanaged - smaller clients = bigger headaches - culture is poor and that’s being generous - most teams constantly understaffed - a few members of management could use a basic lesson in respect - don’t think if you get all your work done you can leave at 5, and if you do.. they just give you busy work to do or give you the dirty eyeball. People are very envious if you get your work done - zero...

Advice to Management

Most people that come in last less than a year, 9-10 months at best. Trust your employees, let them be flexible, keep retention rate and morale high. Could be a fun agency but a lot of things need to be loosened up, and not stuck in the past. I enjoyed most of the people there.. but 1-2 bad apples rot the entire basket.

Media Assembly2019-01-16

"Great Atmosphere"

I have been working at Media Assembly full-time

Pros

- Great employee atmosphere - Fun wellness program and events - Many opportunities for growth

Cons

- The clients are hit or miss in terms of how interesting they are

Media Assembly2018-11-29

"Integrated Media Supervisor"

Current Employee - Integrated Media Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Media Assembly full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free breakfast, multiple beers on tap, four summer Friday's, located near Grand Central, really a hit or miss depending on the team you are on

Cons

- Never been at a company that employees without notice or performance plan - Expected to always be working. Chained to the desk and phone atmosphere - Promotions and raises happen on a schedule only twice a year instead of fairly rewarding employees when they deserve it - Constantly losing clients, never winning new ones. Don't expect a rotation or support from internal teams

Advice to Management

Don't hold a company-wide pep-rally, then fire five people the next week. Properly staff accounts and promote work/life balance

Media Assembly2018-10-08