Media Riders Reviews | Glassdoor

1.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Judy Monroe

1. "Recruiter"

Pros

Love the company!!! Since day one they extended their arms to me and made sure that I truly felt as if I was part of their family. From the interview process to the training, I really felt welcomed from my co workers to upper management. I honestly can't find one negative thing to say about this company!! I plan on working here for a very, very long time! I am grateful for the opportunity I was giving to be a part of this wonderful team. I would recommend this company to ANYBODY!!!!!

Cons

I wished I could have started working for this company years ago!!! Besides that I can't honestly think of any cons regarding this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you guys do because you guys are awesome!!

2. "They found me what they thought was a good job. Very disappointing, however."

Former Employee - Clerical Support (Work From Home) in Leander, TX
    Former Employee - Clerical Support (Work From Home) in Leander, TX

I worked at Media Riders part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For a staffing agency that I have never heard of before now, the compensation was very good and they paid on time. My co-workers were amazing people but I did not hit it off with the supervisor. I also did not enjoy the morning commute which ultimately led to me leaving this job. I am now searching for work that I can do from my home office.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was that the pay was by-weekly pay.

Advice to Management

You may consider paying your employees weekly. Most people need a weekly paycheck for their families.

"They chew you up and spit you out; Sell your soul to something more worthwhile not Medicare Adjudication"

Current Employee - Pharmacist Medicare Adjudicator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Pharmacist Medicare Adjudicator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Media Riders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lot's of promises of good things to come
    99% guaranteed temp to perm
    We are here to support you in your success
    Your efforts will be appreciated here and you will make an impact on people's lives

Cons

Unfortunately none of the above statements are true.
    Adaptability means rules and job conditions change every day
    Expectations increase to unattainable levels
    Employees are pitted against one another in quota game from the inception resulting in cutthroat workplace environment consisting of minimal worker bees stabbing each other in the back and a plethora of widget counters conducting the dysfunctional symphony

Advice to Management

Try to treat professional medical people as such instead of berating them that they are not working as quickly as possible. When you treat them as such do not expect glorious results as far as quality work produced by insightful judgement and inference.

"The worst company I ever worked for"

Former Employee - Clinical Pharmacist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Clinical Pharmacist in Houston, TX

I worked at Media Riders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

promise of long term employment, low stress job

Cons

no long term commitment, no real training, poor management, very stressful environment, discriminations, harassments, derogatory attitudes from the management, no evaluations of your work performance. They supposedly provide Medicare services for customers, so in some way they are committing medicare fraud because all they care about is quantity not quality. Quality is the last thing on their mind unless something goes wrong. No benefits whatsoever as you will have to pay your own taxes. They even charge you for the coffee!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees humanely as we all know how CVS Caremark(parent company) can cut your job as they feel it pleases their goals

"Still feel "Dirty" b/c I worked for them"

Current Contractor - Clinical Pharmacist in Houston, TX
    Current Contractor - Clinical Pharmacist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Media Riders as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Low stress, extensive training, friendly management, good pay

Cons

Apparently either their initial promises are meant to be a joke or they are lying thru their teeth. Very poor training, no one knows what is going on. If you DO learn something, it will be b/c a fellow worker had pity on you and showed you. Management has absolutely NO loyalty to it's workers. Seem to think the best way to run a company is to lie to the employees. Run help wanted ads that are complete lies. No feedback at all about how you are doing. Expect you to magically know important aspects about the job. Only time you will hear from management is when they are mad about something you didn't do (which they never told you to do) Please do yourself a favor and take anything else as your job. Will walk to the door of an auditorium size room, mumble something and walk back out. Then feel every employee is responsible for 100% follow through, even tho 80% of the employees never even saw them mumbling in the doorway. New low point for me as far as a job. Makes everyone clean out their desks every Friday!!!! (So a secretary can call you over the weekend and tell you that you've been fired!)

Advice to Management

Put on your "big boy pants" and talk to your employees. It's not going to kill you to interact with the vermin you hired! I know this is hard for you to believe but pharmacists are not uneducated trash, Your attitude speaks volumes about you.

7. "Yay, Desperation!"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Austin, TX
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Media Riders as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Low hiring standards.
    Easy work.
    Training is repeated frequently.
    This is a great place to find 'in-between' work or 'in-school' jobs.

Cons

Hours change day to day.
    Hours per week not reliable financially.
    You are definitely a peon!
    You will be treated like Kleenex.

Advice to Management

You could try to pretend you value your people? They're being sent to work for incompetent government profiteer outfits with a woeful lack of planning ability.

8. "Document Scanner"

Pros

Good pay. More hours. Get a lot of overtime.

Cons

No benefits. Work til midnight. Rude HR. No management.

9. "Document Preperation Clerk"

Current Employee - Document Prepper in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Document Prepper in Austin, TX

I have been working at Media Riders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not very stressful relative to some jobs, but it can be challenging to meet the metrics. It is Mon-Fri 8-4:30.

Cons

you only get a 30minute lunch, and it can be challenging to meet the metrics. You are required to pull staples out of papers, which will poke the crap out of your fingers no matter how careful you are. You are required to repair any tears in documents with scotch tape, but management complains when you use the tape ... you can't do your job if you are not allowed to use the proper supplies that are required! And, you can not have any water or any sort of liquids at your desk, and the manual nature of this job will make you thirsty. It is definitely a manual labor-type office job... but you do sit all day. This description sounds counter-intuitive, but it is accurate to describe it this way. The metrics are very challenging of preparing about 4,400 pieces of paper a day ... again this means pulling out many, many staples; and repairing any tears and any other blemishes on all of these documents. It is hard. The compensation for this job should be at least $13-$14, but it is only $12 hour. You can't live in Austin on $12/hour. Also, what is most disappointing and discouraging, is that there is rampant favoritism among the team leads and specific team members which makes it hard to be motived and productive. When you have a team lead that consistently helps one or two people (who are more than capable of doing the job) complete their metrics per day, and they don't help you or others on the team that actually really do need help, then it is very discouraging, and this is making me seek other employment... along wih the low pay. If you just need a job and are desperate, then this is a good job to take if you have nothing else right now, but I highly recommend keeping on looking for another job because this one won't cut it!!!!

Advice to Management

The favoritism has to stop. It is discouraging to your teams and is just plain bad business. You will lose good, loyal employees this way. Also, the pay is bad. Also, stop being stingy with the supplies needed to effectively do the job.... like with the tape. Bad.......

10. "-"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Media Riders as a contractor

Pros

Independent contractor for call center

Cons

Contract ended earlier than posted