Media Star Promotions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Carin Lazarus

Pros
  • Great experience, they will promote anyone, great pay, basically a fun environment (in 12 reviews)

• Flexible scheduling and great pay (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No direct deposit, checks are always off, you have to remind HR to pay you for your reimbursements otherwise you don't get them (in 9 reviews)

• The reports that work life balance is non-existent are true (in 7 reviews)

"Field Representative"

Former Employee - Field Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Field Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Media Star Promotions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great hourly pay, flexible hours, nightlife, very fun work meetings. Quarterly trainings, free food. Very easy work, not very stimulating.

Cons

Lots of driving, no company car, too much second hand smoke intake, under appreciated, not full time, promised extra hours over Christmas just to get them taken away. Break from December to February no pay.

As far as advancement: they say they hire from within, but what they mean is they hire someone new... have them work for two months and then they become our new manager....

Advice to Management

Please don't promise the chance the make extra money (hours) around the holidays before break just to take it away, and then drastically cut our hours. That felt like a slap in the face to the people who worked their butt off the entire year.

"Take the Money and Run ASAP"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Media Star Promotions (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great experience, they will promote anyone, great pay, basically a fun environment.

Cons

Managers have no power. Corporate instills an environment of backstabbing and promote people based on how much they tattle on others. They promote anyone (this cuts both ways). Who you are working with may be completely competent. a moron, or a complete monster, and there is nothing you can do. The management has no power to discipline its employees. All power is at corporate but most everyone works across the country, and there is zero connection between corporate and market offices. You will be micromanaged via the telephone everyday.

Advice to Management

Empower your managers and stop fostering an enviornment of fear

"Field Guide"

Current Employee - Field Guide in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Field Guide in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Media Star Promotions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge customer clientele, simple market research with excellent pay. If you love working with a huge variety of people, this job is great. This position is perfect if you want to minimally survive on a part-time job and still try to pursue your dreams. There are plenty of artists within this company and they are usually willing to work with your schedule, whatever it may be.

Cons

It can be a little overwhelming with the amount of people you converse with on a daily basis. The company isn't consistent, with anything. The product typically stays the same, but the rules and regulations, schedules and the sort seem to.. vary on the moods of management (disclaimer, you're following rules either from Media Star or their clients, whom you represent). Consistency isn't their strong suit, but overall it's a fair company.

5. "Brand ambassador"

Current Employee - Field Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Field Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Media Star Promotions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being able to connect with a wide demographic of individuals through the different platforms media star offers. With media star, I'm able to manage myself in the quotas I set, and achieve above and beyond the requirements of the company by having the ability to work independently.

Cons

I guess the only con would be is the lack of maximum hours we are allowed to receive with each week of work.

6. "Awesome place to work"

Former Employee - Product Ambassador in Huntington Woods, MI
    Former Employee - Product Ambassador in Huntington Woods, MI

I worked at Media Star Promotions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My Manager Jimmy Fortune Was A+ material, made the job fun, was on key, fair... simply a great manager..

-while promoting you get to meet so many people, i sold phone products on side and made a killing, but i also educated people to the "T" on the product we were promoting.

-meet alot of people, beautiful woman everywhere

Cons

being part time and having to check in at a far away location almost made the job's pay not worth it... But every minute on the job was worth it... I had a great time working for this company

Advice to Management

the company lost insite due to falling into bar/night life bureaucracy. Making it loose grasp of its objective, (to promote and to brand educate ) it will happen to any company.. Regardless its a great company. if they were creating brand recognition for toothbrushes that would be good at it... i

"Metro Manager"

Current Employee - Metro Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Metro Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Media Star Promotions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Executive Team is a great group of individuals that believe in their team.

Cons

Sometimes, there isn't a good work/life balance. Everyone gets stressed out and as they say "ish rolls downhill"

Advice to Management

Work/Life balance has improved significantly since when I first started 8 years ago, but it is still easy for managers to get burned out very quickly. Continue to invest in building/motivating your management ranks.

8. "Good Job"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Lexington, SC
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Lexington, SC

I worked at Media Star Promotions (Less than a year)

Pros

Great HQ great benefits amazing corporate atmosphere

Cons

Zero tolerance policy on not being a top preformer.

Advice to Management

Keep on with your high standards. You guys rock.

"Thankful for this company"

Current Employee - Field Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Field Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Media Star Promotions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My managers are amazing! They are fair and work extremely hard to keep everything running as smoothly as possible. The pay is great!

Cons

Corporate seems to micromanage when it's not needed.

Advice to Management

Praise works better than criticism

"Field Representative/Spokesmodel/Brand Ambassador"

Current Employee - Field Representative in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Field Representative in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Media Star Promotions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for Media Star for almost three years now and can't imagine my life without it. Great pay, very flexible hours, bonuses, family like team, management is awesome, networking possibilities are endless, field rep of the month, market of the month, surprise and delights, etc. I love working for the Grand Rapids, MI market. Management is very receptive and respectful.

Cons

You have to be willing to travel and understand that u are going to be in your car allot. Most days, I enjoy the traveling because I get to listen to awesome music and its relaxing. Rejection, dealing with intoxicated people, and allot of people aren't going to like you or what your doing is a major part of the job. But for all the people who don't like you, there will be a ton more that LOVE you. You have to be a people person or be able to pretend you are if you want to be successful. Because after all, we are representing a fun and inclusive brand.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!!!

"For the Pay I Play"

Current Employee - Newport Ambasadoor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Newport Ambasadoor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Media Star Promotions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easiest job ever, dollar packs, and pot friendly company that had my back against a tight up lordly coworker!

Cons

Some of our bars be dangerous. Honestly we do well there but our lives come forst

Advice to Management

Raise the pay and we will play harder!