Media Storm Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Christina Norman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company to begin, learn and grow"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Media Storm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved my time at MS. I learned SO much from my amazing team. There's a lot of opportunity for growth in most departments and you get to learn a lot from everyone around you. The employees are all diversified in age so you can go out till 4A and crawl into work or you can go home at 6P on the dot and no one will bat an eye. They have great PTO, Happy Hour on Thursdays, Bagel Fridays and definitely try really hard to keep culture at a peak and everyone happy. It's an amazing place to start and embrace a new career and learn from the best.

Cons

i would say that the only con I have is that certain departments need more recognition to be able to sustain themselves and to grow. Don't get me wrong, i could have grown within the company into a new department, but the issue I had is that I wanted to stay within my team and grow from there. There's a LOT of growth and opportunity, but for me personally I wish I could have moved up within my amazing team. Hopefully in the future - they can see that the smaller departments need to promote/advance and grow with the company rather than beside it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and embracing new people, change and excitement in the industry :)

"Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Media Storm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work on great accounts and have a ton of client exposure. Managers care about their teams. Definitely more laid back atmosphere than the big agency life.

Cons

Would be great if there was more cohesion between offices.

Advice to Management

Individual managers should communicate with their teams more.

"Probably wouldn't recommend you working here"

I have been working at Media Storm full-time

Pros

Most in the office are pretty young and fun

Cons

Poor management in LA office

Apr 2, 2017 – Chief Talent Officer

I would love to hear more of your thoughts about how you think employees in the LA office can have a better experience. I encourage you to give me a call so we can work together to bring about... More

"Chaos"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Media Storm (More than a year)

Pros

Happy Hour
    Casual Dress
    Free Breakfast on Fridays

Cons

The LA office is really struggling. We are seeing a lot of restructure and are moving to a smaller location. Very high turnover. Only 3 employees have been with the company for more than 2 years. There is no training or formal structure. New hires are expected to sink or swim. Not a great environmentfor a first job. We do not have HR in office which makes it hard for employees to feel safe reporting things. Serious upper management problems. Zero transparency into what is going on within the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

Look into restructuring from the top down. Stop stretching your middle to entry level employees so thin.
    Start investing in your lower level employees so it is not a constant wheelhouse of recent graduates who burn out at a year.
    Establish teams not “laborers”. You need to have a better environment full of training and support. No office can be sustained the way it is currently managed

Apr 2, 2017 – Chief Talent Officer

It is of course very disconcerting to us that this has been your experience while at Media Storm. All of us at Media Storm are committed to make improvements wherever needed. I encourage you to... More

"No Advancement"

I worked at Media Storm full-time

Pros

Strategic agency with great personel

Cons

No advancement opportunities, basically a career dead end.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better

Apr 2, 2017 – Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for your feedback as we welcome all ideas and comments. I would love to speak with you more to hear your thoughts on career advancement and if you are seeing that within your own... More

"OK!"

I have been working at Media Storm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Culture
    A lot of time off

Cons

Employees get stuck in the same position

"Zero room for growth"

I worked at Media Storm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere, the people, and getting to work on very well versed clients are made my years there good years. You develop friendships with everyone around you, including clients & reps. You feel as though this place does become "home"

Cons

There is absolutely NO room for growth. In my time there, I saw very few people get promoted. There is also NO communication from management. Only the highest of the high at the company know what's going on internally and they unfortunately keep much of that information to themselves until it is too late.

Advice to Management

You NEED to communicate better to your employees. Every employee deserves a chance and deserves to know what is going on in terms of clients and in terms of their career path. There is also ZERO recognition for a job well done. A simple email going out to even just your own team letting people know how great of a job you did would be better than nothing.

8. "Great Place to Work"

Pros

The culture and people are what make Media Storm great. It is an independently owned agency so there is no big "corporate culture". There are lots of socializing events which facilitates better working relationships especially across departments.

Cons

It is a medium sized company so there isn't great room for growth

9. "Creative, Fast-Paced Agency Environment outside the City!"

I have been working at Media Storm full-time

Pros

Unique environment. Interesting clients in entertainment category. Younger feeling company. The work constantly keeps you challenged and provides experience in a variety of departments/areas of the business.

Cons

Growing business with growing pains, but overall the teams and the people you work with are all amazing. Although you get the benefits of a small company feel, there are some set backs in terms of corporate level process and communication.

"Great leadership - poor pay"

Former Employee - Digital Media Planner in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Digital Media Planner in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Media Storm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to enter the media world if you have an interest in entertainment. You will learn from some of the smartest people who genuinely want you to succeed.

Cons

They pay very poorly, even for entry level jobs. The promotions are very structured which can create a bottle neck for growth even at the bottom. Raises are not significant enough to reflect the amount of hours that goes into the work.

Advice to Management

Promote and offer raises in a less structured way to incentivize constant growth and hard work.