MediaCrossing Reviews | Glassdoor

MediaCrossing Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2019

Found 24 reviews

3.8
MediaCrossing CEO Michael K. Kalman (no image)
Michael K. Kalman
  1. "Small business atmosphere"

I have been working at MediaCrossing full-time

Pros

I love working for a small business because they actually care about their employees. It's nothing like some of the huge companies I worked for where my importance was only equivalent to the dollars I was bringing in to the spreadsheet. We're a family at MediaCrossing and everyone is treated as such. I'm close with every member of management and even our president. When they stop by my desk it's usually to ask how i... am or How my family is doing, not to chide me on something work related. It makes me really happy to have a job where I'm treated like an actual human being. I love this company!

Cons

There hasn't been anything to complain about!

MediaCrossing2019-08-27
  2. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Stamford, CT

I have been working at MediaCrossing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really strong culture of teamwork, collaboration and support. Managers are really nice and understanding, being flexible is a big part of their jobs and they get that. My coworkers are awesome too. I work with some of the nicest people I’ve ever met in my life. I’m honestly lucky to spend every day with people as great as I do.

Cons

None that I can really think of

MediaCrossing2019-07-21

"Fresh, dynamic environment"

I have been working at MediaCrossing full-time

Pros

It's been really refreshing working for MediaCrossing. the work is fast paced and can admittedly be challenging, but their culture is dynamic and it really makes the job fun. It's been a great place to work.

Cons

Nope, I love my job, challenges and all.

MediaCrossing2019-06-12

"Expert Guidance, Small Business Feel"

I have been working at MediaCrossing full-time

Pros

* Great opportunity to work with clients from a variety of industries * Coworkers are very specialized in knowledge base - not an agency that hires only entry-level post-college workhorses * Work life balance is surprisingly good for a small agency

Cons

* You have to be self-motivated, which might not be the right fit for an individual who needs strong top-down direction and tight structure * The company is young and has gone through some iterations, but the current version seems to be stable and sustainable (I imagine some of the older reviews are from a time when the company was a different place operationally)

Advice to Management

* Could increase transparency into overall business strategy and operations ie. new clients in the pipeline, expanding departments, overall business goals for quarters via interdepartmental briefings

MediaCrossing2019-05-17

"Caring and positive work environment with great benefits"

Current Employee - Group Director in Stamford, CT

I have been working at MediaCrossing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really competitive salaries and convenient location, whether you're commuting from CT or NY. This is an agency that's not afraid to invest in their people, and compensate them adequately. A rare occurence in ad agencies. Agency leadership really gives you the opportunity to voice and develop your ideas, and provide the necessary guidance to set you up for success without fully hashing out the work for you.... Good work/life balance, with the ability to work from home once in a while on an as-needed basis. Portfolio of diverse clients, and a lot of opportunity to cross-train between teams so long as you take the initiative to ask or set things up. Fun happy hours and dinners where the entire agency shows up - shows that this is a team that not only works well together, but enjoys hanging out after work! Agency-provided lunch every other Friday is a nice perk, and the snacks/drinks are abundant! 100% paid health care, again super rare these days. The $401K also got revamped with great matching options. I can't say enough good things about this place. Leadership really makes it a point to ensure that everyone is happy. Their door is always open to come chat, discuss any pain points, get advice on projects and general mentorship. One of the most transparent agencies I have ever worked at. CEO takes the time to talk to everyone, asks how you're doing, and doesn't just hide out in his office all day.

Cons

The building isn't pet-friendly :(

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!!

MediaCrossing2019-05-17
  6. "Not a place I would recommend"

I worked at MediaCrossing full-time

Pros

A great work location is nice and beautiful.

Cons

No work life balance with long working hours. There is a lot of favoritism and there is no appreciation of an employees hard work. Little to no job security provided. A lot of un professionalism.

MediaCrossing2019-06-15

"Honest, ethical firm"

I have been working at MediaCrossing full-time

Pros

Their #1 priority is the client's satisfaction, not the company's profit, so we are actually told to make decisions that might cost us more money if it means the client is happy and will do return business with us. I'ts a refreshing experience in an industry where so many people are ordered to cut corners for the company's profit.

Cons

Deadlines are the worst.

MediaCrossing2019-01-12

"Incredible people"

I have been working at MediaCrossing full-time

Pros

MediaCrossing has a small business, family feel. Even upper management has taken the time to get to know me and checks in on a regular basis. They were absolutely amazing when I had a child, too. My managers worked with my every need and were the support system I needed on multiple occasions. You couldn't ask to work with better people.

Cons

Nope. Working here has been a privilege.

MediaCrossing2018-11-25

"I would recommend applying"

I have been working at MediaCrossing full-time

Pros

Management does a good job of making our day to day work as simple and enjoyable as possible, and our team is first class. The talented people I work with make my job easier every day. The experience looks great on any resume as well.

Cons

The deadlines can be pretty strict.

MediaCrossing2018-10-22

"Wish I Never Worked Here"

I worked at MediaCrossing full-time

Pros

Some great people in the office that care and take pride in their work and yours. It's in Stamford which is still a really nice city and still growing.

Cons

Tons of in-fighting. "Everyone get's a seat at the table" is an absolute fallacy. There are favorites played and it is obvious. Louis Vuitton items are given. Some come in extremely hungover constantly. If a favorite disagrees with you or wants to pin something negative on you, there is not talking about it. You're wrong, no explanation as to what you did wrong or why you did it. Finger pointing everywhere. ... Many things done just to appease the higher ups. Had a workplace harassment training where it was said no more sketchy whisper only door open meetings would take place. That lasted 45 minutes.

Advice to Management

Be honest and stop playing favorites or doing things just to appease yourself. Many of your employees are looking to leave and you just don't know it

MediaCrossing2018-11-20