MediaMath Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance is also a major draw card; the work environment is very flexible (in 57 reviews)

• Amazing collection of smart people, focused on a common goal (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Amazingly, he's still employed though no one on our engineering team can explain what he does (in 6 reviews)

• HR department was always having problems (in 5 reviews)

1. "Growing Pains"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

The company is growing fast and has a lot of great talent working there.

Cons

Not enough structure on the product size and so things are falling through the cracks.

Advice to Management

Need to double down on the product and have cross functional/org representation so there are no silos of work happening.

Nov 8, 2017 – Chief Product Officer

Great observation and I agree that we have an amazing group of talented individuals working here. MediaMath has a complex set of products that must work together seamlessly in order to give our... More

2. "wonderful company if you like constant change!"

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Great perks and benefits, super smart people in all roles, industry leading tech and opportunity for growth if you want it

Cons

this isn't really a con but as of a year or so ago they hadn't really figured out how to be a big a big company, structure and management were changing CONSTANTLY which is fun if you can handle it. i'm sure they will figure it out, the bones of the company are solid.

3. "Former intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at MediaMath as an intern

Pros

Enjoyed going into work every day

Cons

Not much that I can remember

4. "Amazing workplace"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Snacks, good coverage, fun to work, good compensation. Company is growing rapidly.

Cons

Alot of accounts to undertake. Might be overwhelm by work at some point. But there is support all round

5. "MEP"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-intelligent and resourceful people, great partners, good work/life balance, widespread organization, travel opportunities, ok compensation

Cons

-disorganized at times, teams should collaborate more often, sometimes hard to get a hold of people, not ever really sure how many hands are on a project

Oct 4, 2017 – Director, Program Development

Thanks so much for your feedback. I’m glad you had a positive experience while in our Marketing Engineer Program. As the program has evolved, we’ve continued to look for new ways to engage other... More

"The best Frontend engineers I've worked with easily"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Frontend engineering team is extremely talented. There is no reason MediaMath engineering should not be competing at the level of Google, Facebook, Apple and friends. They have the talent to do so. We could probably use some direction from management and trust from management to do the right things to further the business goals.

- Location is wonderful.
    - Office is beautiful.
    - The people are great
    - You will like who you work with.
    - Work from home policy is great.
    - PTO policy is great.
    - I feel like my VP of Engineering is great.
    - My product manager is particularly helpful. She's almost as good as the last one I had at a previous employer and she has far less experience than he had.

Cons

The product is disappointing despite having the most consistently talented Frontend engineering team I've seen in my decade of Frontend experience. I haven't figured out why its so disappointing yet. Everyone seems constrained and under-utilized or just plain blocked from creating an amazing product due to the lack of a full UX team. Most companies would kill to have the Frontend engineering team we have at MediaMath. I hope they realize they have a diamond in the ruff here. MediaMath leadership just needs to make it shine.

Documentation is lacking when on boarding. You are just kind of on your own if your team is not lucky enough to have someone who's been working at MediaMath for a few years.

For what MediaMath offers we need to come up with structured on boarding and education for each and every employee. Each employee should feel empowered to provide value to the company. Its very hard to do this if you employees do not even fully understand the business which is crucial in MediaMath's business.

On the Frontend side of things people are encouraged to work in silos but still on a single app. Decisions can feel like they are top down. However, we've been working to find ways to make decisions a conversation rather than a top down approach. I'd like to be more connected to the various teams which can be difficult when people are spread across so many offices.

Advice to Management

We need a real and structured program to make sure every MediaMath employee that comes through the door understands the business. I think a 2-4 week on-boarding program where new hires focus on learning the MediaMath business in a classroom like setting is probably in the company's best interest in the long run.

One off classes every other week for an hour over the phone just does not help people to really know the business and understand it in a way that allows them to push it forward. As it stands right now on-boarding takes longer than it has to IMO as a result of a lack of structure as it relates to people understanding the business.

One other thing is we could do a better job with changing technology and trends. Changes will happen. We need to have a way to make changes if we need to in the future and without having to overhaul the whole app. The UI for our app needs a complete overhaul IMO from the UX to the design to the code.

Overall though, Mike, Steve and Joe and the rest of the MediaMath team are really really smart people and likable people.

Sep 20, 2017 – Chief Product Officer

This is helpful feedback, and I wanted to take the opportunity to address some of these comments. All the items you mention are areas we also feel strongly have to constantly evolve and improve to... More

7. "Great People & Learning Experience"

I worked at MediaMath full-time

Pros

-Incredibly smart and innovative employees
    -Collaborative spirit
    -Great benefits and company-wide events
    -Excellent work-life balance

Cons

-Some disconnect between leadership and employees
    -Insufficient compensation
    -Several org restructures
    -Lack of vision

8. "Good place for exposure"

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people all round. There's always help whenever you request it.

Cons

Focus may be a little questionable in the individual teams. Disparity between ideas. Some teams are severely lagging (in terms of industry standards) in their core competencies (still using last touch attribution, manual trading etc)

Advice to Management

Stop being too fixated on old practices.

9. "Great Company with Smart People"

I worked at MediaMath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Trustworthy co workers
    Challenging environment
    Good reputation

Cons

Pay could be better
    Vision often shifts
    Management plays favorites

"Software Engineer"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Very smart set of people

Cons

Ever changing priorities hits productivity