MediaMath Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance, feel free to work from home (in 51 reviews)

• Very smart people with a good engineering culture (in 32 reviews)

Cons

"Great place to start with limited growth potential"

Former Employee - Partner Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Partner Manager in New York, NY

I worked at MediaMath (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great benefits and work/life balance, including stock options, insurance, unlimited PTO, and freedom to work from home.
    - Company sponsored happy hours, dinners, events, free snacks, once-a-week chair massages.
    - Incredibly intelligent employees and upper management.
    - Given the responsibility and freedom to attend conferences and expand your knowledge base.

Cons

- Very much a horizontal structure with limited growth potential within teams.
    - Will not promote or increase compensation without upper management first being approached.
    - Vague goals and limited feedback.
    - A number of teams understaffed after recent reorgs.

Advice to Management

- Provide much clearer goals and opportunities for growth.
    - Invest in talent, give compensation in line with the market, and provide proactive feedback and growth potential rather than being reactive when employees approach management.
    - Increase transparency between upper management and employees.

"Talent Acquisition Consultant"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Fun work environment within the digital space. Surrounded by highly capable colleagues, some of which are Mensa-level intelligence. Sense of importance surrounding what you are doing

Cons

Senior Management will openly state that if you are not someone who can find comfort in a continuously changing environment, and who will become openly-annoyed and frustrated when an initiative you have been working upon is suddenly "scrapped", then this is not the place for you. But, if you are someone that thrives in an environment that is open-to-change, and constantly evolving to maintain a competitive advantage, then this is the place for you!

Advice to Management

Most organizations have room for improvement when it comes to communication between Sr. Leadership and the "ranks", and MediaMath is no worse than other organizations I have worked with previously. That said, in all fairness to MediaMath, I found leadership communications to be relatively adequate, but again, there is always room for improvement.

"Good Experience"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at MediaMath (More than a year)

Pros

--smart and dedicated people
    --start up culture

Cons

--needed better growth opportunities
    --pay and promotions were lacking

5. "Decent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

A good company if you're working as a developer, product manager or anything like that. Depending on the team you are on there is a sense of camaraderie. Everyone is very eager to help one another.

Cons

On other teams you can see a high level of politics within the team. These politics hinder work. Some of the back of house teams receive 0 respect even when they put forth a lot of effort.

Advice to Management

Foster a culture that enables your employees to succeed. You're on the right track but some things are still lacking.

"It has been a great thus far with a lot of excitement and ongoing initiatives."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

The work environment is relaxing and laid-back; the culture is amazing; people are geeky smart (as a compliment) and friendly. Business casual any day dress code is awesome.

Open paid-time off policy allows for a good work-and-life balance for young professionals and families.

I have enjoyed and continue to cherish my interactions with senior executives and colleagues across various business units, especially those in the “front of house.” Our working relationships are cordial and friendly. It is also fast-paced and lots of opportunity for professional development and learning.

And finally, we have unlimited cereal, fruits, coffee, and other snacks, which take care of breakfast worries :).

Cons

Whenever I have to attend meetings at two/three office locations in one day, it is nice to get outside, but it can also be tiring; especially walking/taking the train back-and-forth.

Hopefully, we will soon be at our new location at 4 WTC.

Advice to Management

Don’t get bore and don’t relent in your innovative approach as MediaMath transitions from a start-up into a vibrant innovative technology company.

We all strive to become “The employer of choice.”

7. "Fun place to learn!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

The company consists of several talented people who are extremely approachable and more than willing to share their knowledge and help you out. Ad-tech industry is very dynamic and you get to learn a lot!

Cons

Would expect better perks and benefits and also wish that the compensation was better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Life at MediaMath"

Current Employee - Tech Guy in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tech Guy in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong growth. Friendly work environment. Interesting technical challenges.

Cons

Some growing pains as organization continues accelerated growth.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Exciting place to work, but not without some challenges"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

The high growth in the company and industry make it an exciting and challenging place to work. There are a lot of really smart people working here and most everyone is dedicated to doing exceptional work.

Cons

As with anywhere, work experience depends a lot on your individual manager. Management training and experience in the leadership could be better. Not a lot of transparency into the processes used for promotions and raises.

Advice to Management

Provide a clearer path to career growth with more consistency across departments. It would also be great if there were more social options offered during the day for bonding at lunch time.

MediaMath Response

May 4, 2015 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for sharing about your experience as part of our team! I, too, am constantly surprised and thrilled by the brilliant people we have working here, and I hear you about some of the challenges ... More

"Sr. Tech Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Contacted for my current position by a knowledgeable, easy to talk to, in-house recruiter. I was kept informed of each next step and the process was smooth. I was advanced to an on-site interview quickly and feedback was provided almost immediately.

Great on site training! Friendly employees. Lots of resources

Cons

My situation as a virtual, out of state employee makes a bit more difficult to feel the full concept of shared knowledge, but I have been encouraged to come to NYC and everyone has been extremely helpful and connected.

Advice to Management

Direct Deposit for Contractors/Consultants would be very nice.

"Great Company!!"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart management compromised of experienced AdTech execs
    Nice colleagues
    Fast pace, collaborative work environment
    Strong focus on technology, innovation and bottom line results

Cons

Must enjoy adapting to change, working in ambiguity
    Typical growing pains of a company with rapid growth

Advice to Management

Continue to drive innovation in the industry
    Reinforce the positioning that sets the company apart from its competitors
    Create opportunities for internal growth for employees