MediaMath Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki
Joe Zawadzki

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance, feel free to work from home (in 49 reviews)

• Smart people and hard problems everywhere, with every opportunity to create the job you want (in 31 reviews)

"Back on the move!"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

MediaMath is a wonderful culture filled with really smart folks and I am learning here like never before in my career. I'm finally being challenged to bring my 'A' game every day and I'm realizing that I can make a huge difference in the company's success. It's so refreshing to be on a team full of superstars!

I really like the strategy that this company is executing but even more, I LOVE the trajectory!

Cons

If you're looking for a startup that's burning through cash, this isn't your place. Management takes a responsible and pragmatic view of financials which, I believe, will unlock impressive growth.

Advice to Management

Keep us focused on growth through execution!

"Still one of the greatest places to work!"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Creative, empowering, fast paced environment where you can learn a lot very quickly. While some see this as a negative, I personally love the fact that things move quickly, and are constantly changing. MediaMath allows employees to be themselves, share and implement new ideas, and get involved in really cool projects. If you are hardworking, have a great get-it-done attitude, you can be very successful here. If you are entitled, lazy, or negative, you probably won't last long. It's a very adapt or move out culture where the top performers are rewarded and those who can't handle it move on.

Great benefits and perks - beautiful offices, snacks and drinks, fun events like Trivia night and flip cup tournament, open PTO. You get treated like an adult regardless of your role. Work hard and play hard.

Cons

Yes there are constant changes to the org - but it happens in every company! Management has done a much better job of providing more info to teams about company vision.

Some managers aren't flexible about start and end times which seems a little draconian, but most teams are pretty flexible.

"Senior Manager"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredible culture of hard-working and collaborative people who are all passionate about the work they do, great work/life balance

Cons

Can be turbulent at times due to the ever-evolving industry - not for those who can't manage constant change

5. "Great company"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at MediaMath as an intern

Pros

Employees are smart, team collaboration is strong, well-organized, fantastic location, great building.

Cons

Not the most exciting or interesting product, though milage may vary on that.

"Marketing Engineer Program"

Current Employee - Marketing Engineer Program in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Engineer Program in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good coverage of the AdTech industry
    Rotational program - cover: AdOps, Campaign Management/Optimisation etc...
    Great office and location
    Highly supported role
    Lots of room for growth

Cons

Low opportunity to stay within the company
    Short program leads to stress in the final weeks

Advice to Management

Be more transparent in the company's developments and what to expect in the coming months/future of the company

7. "Senior Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. Great work life balance. Technical freedom almost to a fault. I've been at the company for six years and never even came close to wanting to leave. Obviously nothing is perfect and we may have had problems here and there but I've had a very long career and this is the best place I've ever worked, by far. You owe it to yourself to check this company out. I love my work and I'm not someone who is looking for career advancement with a new title. I just want to learn more things, and get paid more. I don't care what my title is.

Cons

The only con, for some people, would be the loose organization. MediaMath isn't the Army. Roles are not strictly defined. You will have quite a lot of leeway to carve out your own domain, to set and achieve technical goals. Of course you have to support your team's production goals but there is a lot of leeway in how you do that, depending on your manager. Some are more laissez faire than others.

Advice to Management

Newer managers sometimes come in an want to rewrite everything with the latest hot language: Nodejs! Scala! Go! While we as software engineers often want to learn the hottest new tech, it greatly slows down the forward momentum.

"Fantastic Experience and Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+Great work life balance and unlimited PTO
    +Surrounded by top talent and management that fosters career growth and technical skills
    +New projects to work on and management takes your input on what clients you may prefer to be on
    +Highly collaborative teams, very little bureaucracy and politics

Cons

-flimsy explanation on recent reorgs and why certain people were let go
    -not much transparency as to what executive envisions for the company

Advice to Management

+need slow down on number of reorgs, too many team shifts
    +hire more employees in satellite offices, hq is staffed alright but other regions could use additional help

"Best Company for a Reason!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MediaMath is comprised of intelligent, solution-driven, friendly and hard-working people which fosters a creative, positive and fun working environment. I have worked in both large and small companies and MediaMath has proven to be the best thus far. There is a reason why it is voted one of the best places to work! Beautiful offices, smart/friendly people, a stimulating/challenging work environment and unlimited food/snacks/drinks? Sign me up!

Cons

The exponential growth of MediaMath means that process/people/things often change to keep up with the company's fast growth. I prefer to call this change "progress", but understand how change can be viewed in a negative light from people who don't like change.

Advice to Management

I know you are all very busy (as we are too), but try to get to know the employees who you don't normally work with.

"Massive growth and lots of opportunity"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people and hard problems everywhere, with every opportunity to create the job you want. Strong engineering culture: focused on ongoing learning, experimentation, distributed systems acumen, CI/CD/automation oriented, and lots of opportunity to play with truly big data (as in, petabytes!). Work from home whenever you want, work the hours you want, work with great people, and work on interesting problems.

Cons

Get even better at culling the bottom performers. They're having a hard time keeping up with the change and that has the effect of holding the broader team back and frustrating their coworkers. Figure out a way to reinforce the pockets of entrepreneurial culture that are leading the pack in productivity.

Advice to Management

Stop using different words for the same ideas. You're too smart for your own good, and using different words to describe the same thing makes it sound like the strategy is changing every other month, even when its not. Use a common language with simpler terms, and repeat that message often and regularly.

"Great Place to Learn"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Wide open, entrepreneurial environment. Get back what you put in, learn and apply the latest in big-data and cloud technology.

Cons

Organizational growth challenges. All good problems - the company is growing so quickly that the dynamic environment can be hard to manage.

Advice to Management

Focus. Development more structured environment to support clear boundaries, ownership and focus.