Cover image for MediaMath

MediaMath

Engaged Employer

MediaMath

Add a Review

MediaMath Employee Reviews about "smart people"

Updated Nov 4, 2021

MediaMath CEO Neil Nguyen
Neil Nguyen

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Senior leadership recognizes it and says it openly but then does nothing about it but apologize.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Poor management, outdated product, missing revenue targets every year, this place is already going down(in 15 reviews)
  • "The company is slow to acknowledge the need for higher headcount in teams, while raising the volume of work, while pay is low.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Massive layoffs just happened and in the midst of yet another re(in 8 reviews)
  • "Poor salary(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "smart people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee

Exciting place to work, but not without some challenges

Apr 27, 2015 -  in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The high growth in the company and industry make it an exciting and challenging place to work. There are a lot of really smart people working here and most everyone is dedicated to doing exceptional work.

Cons

As with anywhere, work experience depends a lot on your individual manager. Management training and experience in the leadership could be better. Not a lot of transparency into the processes used for promotions and raises.

MediaMath Response

Chief People Officer

Thanks for sharing about your experience as part of our team! I, too, am constantly surprised and thrilled by the brilliant people we have working here, and I hear you about some of the challenges you might be feeling with career growth transparency. At a company growing as quickly as ours, developing clear career growth paths for all employees has been identified as a top priority now. To that end, in late Q1 we launched Manager Training courses that put heavy emphasis on making career paths an ongoing Manager/Report conversation. And in Q2/Q3 of this year we're very excited to go live with some easy to use tools we've developed to transparently make "what good looks like" very clear at MediaMath. A key goal is to have promotion readiness be something that's formally rooted in a shared understanding of companywide competencies going forward. I very much hope you’ll see increasing clarity on your personal career progression as we develop further. And, in case the new tools aren't coming quickly enough for your needs, please engage your manager and/or HR Business Partner today to get to better career path clarity.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Proceed with a heavy dose of caution

Jul 23, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of snacks. Smart coworkers. Nice offices.

Cons

Where to begin... You will work with a lot of very smart people, but the amount of ego here is incredible. They think by hiring smart people that will make a great business but they forget to give them defined rolls and direction. And that all starts at the top. This company is one of the most poorly run businesses I've been apart of. The CEO is basically checked out. There is a lot of turnover in executive positions. 3 CFO's in 2 years. No head of HR for over a year. 3 execs lead the technology organization with not one being in charge. People's rolls are blurry at best and there is a lot of unnecessary crossover and confusion about where responsibility should land. They went on a huge hiring spree when the company was booming and even after a few layoffs they still have way too many people. So many people just seem to float around and get in the way. Making matters worse, a lot of these people have very inflated titles which makes telling them to stay in their lane more difficult. This company HAD huge potential and still could be a decent company but there is just leadership and desire to do what is necessary. Joe should step aside and get a fresh set of eyes on the business. On top of this, there is no discernible culture or vision.

15 people found this review helpful

MediaMath Response

Chief People Officer

We are excited by the new energy and strength of the leaders brought in to take a high growth company about to celebrate 10 years, to the next level. And it’s working. We are having one of our best years ever. The skill sets of our leadership team allow us to empower senior staff and allow Joe and Mike (CEO & President) to be actively engaged behind the scenes. People can work hard, be challenged with tough problems to solve, grow and develop, and have real impact. Our collaborative culture means that our Head of Engineering, Chief Product Officer and CTO partner closely and work to run tech with a singular vision and culture. It keeps us aligned, focused and more efficient. - Gloria

3. Join the MediaMath team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

Great Growing Company

Feb 25, 2014 - Human Resources in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

AdTech is an area that is just starting to take off and it's spectacular to be on the ground floor of a company that is really willing to listen to it's employees to ensure they have what they need to be successful. The benefits are top notch and there is a very laid back, friendly environment. I also feel like I have the support from my team (HR) to really grow into my career. Best piece of advice- make sure to surround yourself with smart people and you can only grow from there! I feel like I've definitely done this at MediaMath.

Cons

Sometimes, things to feel a bit unorganized; however, it seems like things are slowly getting back on track as MediaMath listens to it's employees. In a company that grew as fast as MediaMath did, these things tend to happen. Lack of space is an issue (when is it not!); however, I can see the wheels turning to fix issue so hopefully it will happen soon.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Senior software engineer

Oct 5, 2018 - Software Engineer Senior in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Smart people who are genuinely ready to help - work life balance - best views of the city ( in the Boston area) - snacks and perks

Cons

- maybe the internal wiki can be more organized

6. 5.0

Great culture

Aug 7, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone at MediaMath seems to have a strong sense of ownership over their work product and there's very little of the cynicism that I've seen at other companies. The people here are very enthusiastic about their jobs and are very smart.

Cons

The company is growing fast, so there are frequent reorganizations and reshufflings. You might grow attached to a certain team and role only to have the ground move under you a few months later. But that can be a good thing too, because it forces you to adapt and grow.

7. 5.0

Great Program!

Nov 15, 2019 - Marketing Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Marketing Engineer Program is a fantastic program to jump start your career in Adtech. There are so many nice and smart people and teams you'll get to work with and meet! And ample opportunities to learn and grow your programmatic knowledge and technical skill sets.

Cons

If I had to mention one, I think maybe providing more job search support to make this piece of the program less stressful.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Experience

Feb 21, 2016 - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

--smart and dedicated people --start up culture

Cons

--needed better growth opportunities --pay and promotions were lacking

5 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0

Manager

Jun 23, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart people and super helpful. Everyone is very motivated and driven. Unlimited vacation policy and very flexible.

Cons

Benefits/pay not comparable to market. Management lacks training.

5 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Great place to work

Jul 17, 2014 - Senior Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are smart and nice. Efficient and well-organized working processes. Free climate. Flexible working time. I live far so I'm allowed to work from home two days a week. And my working time on commuter trains are counted. Good compensation. Emails are only used for important announcements or system generated notifications. Most of communications are done via instance messaging in the chat room, which saves tons of time.

Cons

Not really. I'm really satisfied.

3 people found this review helpful
  11. 4.0
    Current Employee

I have been with Adroit for less than a year.

Oct 27, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The office has a very casual atmosphere and the culture is very fun and open. Everyone works very hard but the company also promotes a work-life balance. Team across different departments are very collaborative and the company is filled with very smart people offering the ability to learn something new every day.

Cons

The incredibly fast-paced of the industry and the company are such that things are constantly changing. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but it can be a bit of a challenge for new hires.

Be the first to find this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 Reviews