Cover image for MediaMath

MediaMath

Engaged Employer

MediaMath

Add a Review

MediaMath Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 19, 2021

MediaMath CEO Neil Nguyen
Neil Nguyen

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Senior leadership recognizes it and says it openly but then does nothing about it but apologize.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Poor management, outdated product, missing revenue targets every year, this place is already going down(in 16 reviews)
  • "The company is slow to acknowledge the need for higher headcount in teams, while raising the volume of work, while pay is low.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Massive layoffs just happened and in the midst of yet another re(in 9 reviews)
  • "Poor salary(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Outlook is bright

Oct 24, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

competitive salary + benefits healthy snacks and beverages all day long bagel thursdays + happy hour fridays great office space + location superb work/life balance new President who is psyched to see us succeed no micro-managers here superior customer service; no attitudes here our clients like us; they really, really like her ridiculously intelligent staff young, energetic, smart group of people prospects/clients are interested in what we have to say and what we can offer; meetings come easily not a Goliath

Cons

not enough feet on the street not a Goliath saturated marketplace not as well known in the market as our competitors still trying to figure out who we are; getting there

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!

Nov 5, 2022 - Technical Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I started in 2016, I worked with some of the most brilliant people I have ever worked with. The company culture was amazing and the product was great. By the time I left in 2021, most of the people had left and leadership had run the culture to the ground. Work life balance was great since there wasn't much left to do as we were losing clients.

Cons

Salary was not competitive. Several colleagues and I did not get increments year on year and promotions were not easy to come by. Money seemed to have been spent hiring executives instead of rewarding rest of the staff. Worst of all, I recently learned that all the stock I had acquired (through awards and exercising options) were cancelled when there was a merger with Searchlight. As someone who still believed in the company enough to exercise my options upon leaving, this was the last straw. If you are considering a role with MediaMath, please do not place any value on equity. And if you are leaving, do not exercise your options. They will be worthless as they can be cancelled.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the MediaMath team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Mar 15, 2017 - Engineer in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment Good work life balance Good office

Cons

Not public yet Only on demand side

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good company

Oct 14, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Food , Food and Food all the time Flexible timings Good work life balance Great culture

Cons

Salary is less compared to market rate Frequent changes at management level

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Once a great company, now not so much

Sep 9, 2020 - Engineering
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good benefits - Good people / culture - Good work life balance

Cons

- No personal growth unless you know someone. Experience does not matter - Uncompetitive salary - no yearly pay rise (maybe limited to certain offices and/or people) - People jumping from one depart to another with no experience into senior positions. It is quite demoralising to see - It feels like there are more VP's and directors than individual contributors - VERY US centric - Constant production issues - the engineering teams try their best to keep a broken product running. Releases often lead to production issues - Leadership are interested in pushing out new products/features when the time should be spent on fixing/optimising the current state of the product The company has not been the same since the well publicised 2016 layoffs. There have been regular cuts to budgets/benefits since then. I personally do not trust the vast majority of these positive reviews.

4 people found this review helpful

MediaMath Response

Manager, HR Business Partner

Thank you for providing your feedback. We want to be sure we adequately respond to your feedback point by point and welcome the opportunity to talk even further. First, we’re glad to hear that during your time with us you had a good experience with your colleagues and enjoyed our benefits. We do put a lot of thought and intention into our culture and strive to foster a healthy work-life balance across the company. As part of our focus on continually improving the experience of all of our employees, we recently hired a new Chief People Officer. Among her areas of focus for the near term is evaluating our overall promotion and compensation practices to ensure we are promoting fair practices throughout the organization. We do take pride in our internal mobility program as we think it is a great opportunity for our employees to stretch and flex their transferable skills into new roles and learn along the way, reflecting onf one of our core values: “Obsess Over Learning and Growth.” While we always try to align our internal transfers to ensure their skills and abilities match the position, your feedback is a helpful for us to be hyper focused on ensuring that our transfers are adequately equipped to succeed in their new roles and ensure our teams are properly staffed. Over the past 24 months, we have implemented a new engineering organizational structure aimed to ensure our people have a dedicated leader focused on their growth; in doing so most of our engineers find themselves in individual contributor roles with a small number of VPs managing people. We are also continuing to invest in our global growth and recently welcomed a UK-based Chief Client Officer. Our technology leadership team is committed to focusing on the improvement of our technology and release process to best serve our clients. In the interest of continual improvement, we will certainly bring this feedback to our head of engineering. Our leadership team is committed, now more than ever, to transparency and is open and willing to discuss ongoing issues through our weekly global all hands meetings and opportunities to ask questions openly and anonymously. Like many companies, 2020 has presented vast and unanticipated challenges and we did instate a 10% pay-cut across the board, including all leadership team members. We were open and transparent about this pay-cut and also prioritized the reinstatement of salaries to non-leadership positions first. (We are now happy to say that we have reinstated salaries across the company!) Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Trader

Sep 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance if you want to retire at this company

Cons

Platform is old and always run into tech issues

1 person found this review helpful

MediaMath Response

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your experience. Glad you were able to enjoy our work life balance. Although we were the first DSP, we have built a modular platform that is future-proofed and provides an evolved user experience that drives performance ease, and we take extensive measures to continue to invest in building out its capabilities. I would have loved to hear of some of the issues you experienced so we could have better understood the details and prospective opportunities. The IT Team

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great learning opportunities, great people, less than stellar corporate vision

Aug 31, 2021 - Client Service Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people Great clients Great learning opportunities

Cons

Lack of work life balance unrealistic expectations of employees Less than stellar senior leadership

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Still like it after all those years!

Jan 27, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great Engineering team & culture; - Opportunities to learn and practice new programming languages and technology; - Really good work/life balance; - Competitive salary and benefits package.

Cons

- Growing pains, recent re-organization led to more politics in inter-group relations; - 'One size fits all' approach does not always work in technology, i.e. not every microservice improves scalability and splitting one ill-designed legacy database on multiple designed even worse does not make it better.

10. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Couldn't Have Asked for a Better Experience

Aug 8, 2014 - Graphic Design Intern in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic People - from the leadership team to the interns, the people here are friendly, incredibly smart, and always willing to help. Absolutely incredible working environment - beautiful modern office, fully stocked kitchens, quality office equipment. Great work/life balance Dynamic & diverse teams Employee perks Business casual dress code Overall, the corporate culture at MediaMath makes coming to work every day an absolute pleasure.

Cons

So far, I have not experienced anything that I would consider a con. Truly a phenomenal place to work.

11. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not for those who need constant management. Great space to learn new skills and work with talented people

Aug 6, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Freedom to explore topics and work on projects that may be beyond the scope of your immediate position -Talented, helpful, and hard-working people -Great work/life balance -Good Benefits -Forgiving environment

Cons

-teams that are not as visible do not get the same recognition as other highly visible teams, but I suppose this is a problem with all companies -Departmental overlap can lead to some headaches -crappy 401k -Some senior execs are basically invisible to the majority of the company

Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 Reviews