MediaMelon Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated November 18, 2016

San Francisco, CA Area

4.9
CEO

1. "Talented and smart team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MediaMelon full-time

Pros

Talented, hard-working and friendly team. Great work culture - collaborative, ideas- and results- driven. Super-smart CEO, with great industry relationships and product knowledge. Great industry to work in - technology combined with media & entertainment. Company is solving an important problem, which is streaming in better quality to various connected devices. It has been one of the best work experiences for me so far. I left the company due to relocation for family reasons.

Cons

The team has offices in three different locations, making communication challenging, but that is how it is with most companies these days.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Great team to work with."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MediaMelon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Great people. The key people in the company and the CEO are focused and smart. They work well together and have good relationships in the industry.
    2. Good execution. They have some very large deals in place with major carriers and are executing very well. They also have some good financial backers but they have not marketed these things as much.
    3. Interesting market at the intersection of technology and media - Making internet videos play better for various devices is of growing importance.

Cons

1. If you want a place where you get a lot of handholding you might get frustrated but if you are smart and driven you will enjoy this company, you will be quickly valued and you will have a lot of say in the company.

Advice to Management

More operational hires needed as the company expands.

""Exceptional People Who Challenge and Inspire""

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MediaMelon full-time

Pros

I have been working full-time for Media Melon for two months now and I absolutely love it! These are truly some the smartest and coolest people that I've every worked with. Their content-aware streaming technology is truly ground breaking and I'm excited to be working with Kumar (CEO) and team to take this start-up to the next level.

Cons

Some people may have issues with global companies because of the early or late calls, but I've always worked for global companies so I'm very used to it and so that has never been an issue for me.

Advice to Management

Keep on rocking you are awesome!

"Challenging Work. Exciting Technology."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MediaMelon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compelling and innovative product
    Large and growing market
    Company has some very large customers and partners, and has built strong technical lead in various critical areas related to large-scale content routing.
    Great work culture - easy to share ideas, relatively flat organizational structure, talented employees.

Cons

Some of the key individuals are in other locations but we use various tools to make it easy to coordinate and work together.