MediaVest Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
MediaVest Worldwide CEO Brian Terkelsen
Brian Terkelsen

Pros
  • I have a fantastic team that makes my work life balance more accessible than it is across the industry (in 10 reviews)

• Great benefits, big name clients (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance wanes and can be non-existent too frequently (in 7 reviews)

• Long, long hours which is common in the agency world (in 9 reviews)

1. "Connections Associate"

I have been working at MediaVest Worldwide full-time

Pros

Good company culture and transparency with upper management

Cons

Room for growth is limited

2. "Great Leadership, People, and Company Culture"

I worked at MediaVest Worldwide full-time

Pros

I loved working here because of the people I worked with and senior leadership that really cared about my development and growth. It's a good place to start out if you're new in the industry, you'll learn a lot!

Cons

Starting pay is low and the raises are not that great either

Advice to Management

Provide fair pay and raises to keep good talent

3. "Jump ship as soon as you can"

Pros

Benefits are good, unlimited sick days, flex days, 2 weeks paid vacation (you'll need the paid time off if you work here), freebies

Cons

The management is horrible. A company with bad leadership promotes the wrong people. Expected to work late all the time. Not a good place to grow your career. Not good for long term employment. A lot of really talented employees leave after 6 months-2 years because they're not getting promoted, they're not getting credit for their work, or they're being treated badly by the management. Employees are constantly at odds with each other, even at the junior level. Extremely disorganized with a lack of clear communication throughout the agency. Lack of training and learning opportunities- not really a good place to learn new skills. I didn't receive a single evaluation while I was there. Juniors and associates take the brunt of mistakes managers make. They try to find ways to get you to stay if you leave- usually by offering you a higher salary (and if you ask for a raise before that they'll tell you they don't have any money. Then when you tell them you're leaving you'll get a raise). Not a good experience overall- toxic culture, bad leadership, no long term career opportunities.

Advice to Management

Maybe if you grow your employees instead of shaming them, you'll retain good talent and maybe you won't have such a high turnover.

5. "Connections Associate"

Current Employee - Connections Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Connections Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaVest Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learning a lot, working closely with digital and TV teams. Challenging myself everyday in a good way. Not super long hours.

Cons

Tasked to do things that I sometimes have not yet learned. Sometimes there are deadlines that I have to hit quickly.

Advice to Management

Making sure employees know where they are going if a client is leaving. And making sure they know way in advanced so they don't jump ship while waiting to find out.

6. "Great opportunity"

I have been working at MediaVest Worldwide full-time

Pros

Valuable work experience. I have a fantastic team that makes my work life balance more accessible than it is across the industry. I recommend it

Cons

People unfortunately don't stay for long, which makes work stability a little difficult. Clients can be difficult depending on the team

7. "Overworked, Understaffed"

Former Employee - Connections Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Connections Associate in New York, NY

I worked at MediaVest Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people and nice clients, however there was a very high turnover rate due to the company cons

Cons

Did not properly staff either team I worked on during my time there. Late nights were expected, and deadlines were hard to make because there was not nearly enough people on the teams. RARELY gave promotions/raises

Advice to Management

Staff teams properly, interview people more rigorously, and compensate your employees better

8. "Great Opportunity to Learn"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Learned a lot about digital marketing, a field I new very little about when I started out of college. Had great access to resources and information about the latest and greatest in digital innovation.

Cons

Not much of a work life balance, but I would attribute that more to the job itself - media planning and buying.

"Hear My Roar!"

Current Employee - Junior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaVest Worldwide (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of young, ambitious individuals who are looking to make a name for themselves in media. The training program all new associates have to take is fantastic if you want to learn about the different aspects of media within MediaVest. The office is in a central location and is steps away from great restaurants. Vendors take teams out a lot for dinner, baseball games, paint nights, etc. OH! And there is a cafe in the building so if you don't bring a lunch you can buy one for pretty cheap!

Cons

Abysmal pay. No compensation for overtime. 60 hour work weeks with AGAIN no over time pay. If you have a heartbeat they will hire you, so it is easy to get a job here. Client teams are not cohesive so moving from one to another is difficult. HR will not listen to your complaints if you have a genuinely mean manager who is only interested in her own personal growth rather than training her team.

Advice to Management

Take these complaints seriously! No one wants to feel like they aren't being heard!
    Look into pay raises sooner for Juniors that stay a certain period of time so they WILL stay.
    Promote within the company more.

"Great place to start a career...that's about it."

Current Employee - Junior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaVest Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Used to have one of the best training programs in the industry.

Cons

-They're replacing the great entry level training with another format from under the Publicis umbrella.
    -Little to no leeway to switch teams
    -Management is making rash decisions now

Advice to Management

Think things through a little more. Just because you're in a tight spot doesn't mean you need to panic.

"Operations Associate"

I worked at MediaVest Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment, ability to learn, stability and team centered work.

Cons

Low pay compared to other media buying agencies.