Mediafly Reviews | Glassdoor

Carson Conant

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Excellent Culture"

I have been working at Mediafly full-time

Pros

Great culture and work environment

Cons

More transparency surrounding company goals

2. "Great learning experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Mediafly as an intern

Pros

Great company culture, you'll learn a lot, flexible hours

Cons

Can be tedious/desk job, sometimes may not have enough to do

"A great place to develop and advance your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mediafly full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is careful in who they hire so you are usually surrounded by capable and experienced people that understand how to be professional and are good at that they do. Most of the people here love their profession and are dedicated to their craft. A big plus, to me at least.

Each employee has a lot of freedom around our time management and how we go about accomplishing our tasks. The freedom is what keeps me engaged and excited coming to work every day. There is a level of trust placed in you to get the job done and get it done well. Makes for awesome learning experiences when we fail and when we succeed.

I would put the freedom as the #1 benefit of Mediafly, CEO as #2. He is just so open, flexible, approachable and is a champion for your needs. If you need something, he will get it done. Sometimes you don't even need to say anything, he can see it. Sometimes just a simple discussion is enough and any issue/problem you have is removed. Anything you need to get your job done, he will get it to you. I have considered leaving Mediafly couple times, and every single time CEO is what brings you back in, addresses the issues and you are back in business.

Cons

The problem space can get a bit stale/boring. There are a few egos on the engineering side that can be annoying to deal with, especially when working on new features, but it's not too bad, just something that you have to deal with.

Advice to Management

Consider exposing more of the product team directly to the customer and their needs. I feel like there are too many people isolated.

"Good, bad, and ugly"

I have been working at Mediafly full-time

Pros

Great office.Free snacks. Outstanding health care for a company this size. More or less like all my coworkers. Group outings a few times a year. Free lunch a couple times a month. Big name clients. CEO is ultra dedicated... To a fault really.

Cons

Company/product direction changes almost as regularly as the seasons. CEO is upbeat and friendly but also puts himself into everyones business. He picks the problem of the day/week/month and is determined to solve it but often will make it worse. The entire system relies on one engineer. If he leaves the company will fall apart in weeks as he is the only one who knows how it all works. We are in desperate need of a product manger to actually decide what the focus should be as the CTO seems disengaged at times even though he is smart and a nice guy. Doesn't seem comfortable leading. Product is awesome front end but back end seems to fall apart every other day.

Advice to Management

Trust the people to do the job you hired them to do. Let them work. Get a rock star product manager ASAP to guide the engineering work and focus.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Mediafly full-time

Pros

At Mediafly you matter. I have worked for several other companies and have never felt as important and valued as I do here. Each member of the Mediafly team is approachable and takes an honest interest in your well-being. This stems from the approachability of our C-suite, and is spread throughout each department.

Just because everyone is friendly does not mean that their are not expectations. Tough love is certainly no stranger to the office as we continue to grow and become a more successful company. The atmosphere that our leadership team has created motivates each team to work harder and become better at what they are doing.

Foosball, ping-pong and snacks are great breaks from an otherwise hardworking office.

Looking for a career in sales? Mediafly has created a solution that is changing the way sales reps interact with their prospects and clients. Prove yourself capable of performing and you move up - simple as that.

Cons

Our message seems to be different from person to person. I do think this will become solidified and more uniform with the addition of our marketing team.

No real cons.

Advice to Management

Keep the strong sense of community. It's our greatest asset.

"Mediafly is the place to be at!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mediafly full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the open environment working here at the company. The employees here are top notch. The majority of the Engineers are Senior level and are very good at what they do. Everyone is willing to help you out when you are stuck.

There are also many other perks that make this job great. Great office, stand up desks, ping pong, free food from PeaPod, the ability to work from home. Oh yeah...they provide you with a laptop (macbooks) and really make you feel comfortable!

My supervisor also makes it a priority to set myself up for a good career going forward in my position. Executives are really good. It was very impressive that the CEO and CFO talked to the entire company and asked for our input and answered questions before we receiving Institutional funding. They really made sure we got the right deal.

Cons

The marketing message has consistently changed. However, having been here for almost 3 years I feel we are reaching to a solid state now.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on hiring great people. The people that work here is what make this company great.

"Best company I've worked for"

I have been working at Mediafly full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Founder & CEO is friendly and approachable, sits in the middle of the open office (not off in a corner) and genuinely cares about people. Everyone here is nice, intelligent and really strong in their respective areas. Love the weekly Peapod deliveries, health care and an amazing office.

Cons

Messaging has changed a lot as the product has evolved and new customer needs identified. Don't think this is unique to Mediafly (or any rapidly growing startup for that matter).

Advice to Management

Keep going. You are building a neat company full of compassion and high performers. Keep it up!!

"Great place for those with some work experience"

I have been working at Mediafly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very open work environment in terms of implementing new ideas and collaborating across different functions of the company.

I am a current employee in the Sales function and can't say enough about how great it is to work in this department. The head of Sales has done just about every sales job in the software industry and has positioned every single member up for success. The ability to advance your career is completely dependent on yourself and a great example is the fact that I was promoted in less than a year of starting.

Sales compensation is very lucrative and straight forward (no excel sheet needed to calculate your commission). The business development function includes both lead gen and the opportunity to manage your own clients.

Cons

Typical challenges with any start-up in that you must be a self starter and have to figure some things out on your own. The company is in massive growth mode so there is a need to implement scalable processes which is why I recommend it for those who have at least a few years of work experience.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on hiring top talent and staying involved with that talent as the company grows.

"High Growth Tech Company- State of the art HQ"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mediafly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mediafly has a family-like, winning culture that celebrates wins across functions (Sales, Ops, Product, Marketing), we work in a state of the art office on Mag Mile. I've been selling for Mediafly for two years after being with several start ups in Chicago. Mediafly rewards their talent, when they win, better than any company I've been with. I was promoted after 18 months with the company. The sales organization is built on having fun and winning deals, it is a great product for sales people to buy in to. Former athletes and those with a competitive DNA thrive here. The executive team is very down to earth and it feels like we are in this thing together. Our market has been identified by the largest analyst firms as an essential market for enterprises to invest in. We have closed more new business clients in 2016 than any other year in company history. Future is bright!

Cons

Too many tasty snacks in the free office pantry.
    Honestly, I've been with start ups...large corporations and can say Mediafly treats their people is second to none. (No serious Cons come to mind after 25 months of employment)

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your top talent based on their performance.

"Great place to learn"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mediafly as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great first experience into marketing, fun company culture, prime location

Cons

Not as much interaction with upper management