Medical Center of Plano Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Medical Center of Plano CEO Charles Gressle
Charles Gressle

1. "Variety -The Spice of Life"

Current Employee - Lead Tech Radiology in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Tech Radiology in Plano, TX

I have been working at Medical Center of Plano (More than 10 years)

Pros

Level 1 Trauma, see all types of injuries; good people, need more of em. Good amt OT if u want it.

Cons

Long waits thru ER if busy. Need more staff in all areas, but keep telling us we're under hiring freeze...

Advice to Management

Pay investors less, put that money into your staff! Your patients deserve it!!! Overloading too often causes fatigue and that increases risk for mistakes. Stop sending staff home too early just because it's calm now. We deserve to have a full paycheck. On the flip side, when it's super busy call someone in!

2. "Short staffed"

Current Employee - Registered Respiratory Therapist in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Respiratory Therapist in Plano, TX

I have been working at Medical Center of Plano full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Maybe you could argue that the people are nice to work with

Cons

Low pay, heavy workload, bad benefits, very sick patients while working short staffed. Management blames corporate for all poor decisions, such as staffing, pay and benefits.

Advice to Management

Please get more staff!!!!

3. "Staff RN"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Plano, TX

Pros

The people I work with are the best part of working here. Theyre great to work with!!!

Cons

Administration has such a chokehold on the rest of the hospital staff. For a magnet hospital, they really don't care about nurse input to improve patient care. They only care about how much money they can make and how fast people can be moved through their system. The acuity and volume are very high but staffing and pay are low.

Advice to Management

Staff the way you know you should be staffing and you won't need to worry about making money. If you want s bad rep with nurses and crappy care for your patients.....keep doing what you're doing.

5. "Good"

Former Employee - Cook in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Cook in Plano, TX

I worked at Medical Center of Plano full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are excellent hospital, they take good care of their patients. If you go with an emergency, they don't let you wait more than 5 minutes in the waiting room...they give you the best medical care fast.

Cons

As a hospital, I don't find nothing wrong in this place. As a work place, the environment is tough and in fast paced all the time as any other hospital in the metroplex.

"RN"

Former Employee - Staff RN in Plano, TX

I worked at Medical Center of Plano (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked on unit that was team oriented Best Manager at TMCP. Great co workers. Great Hospitalists. Most MD's are kind and considerate and will listen to suggestions given by RN

Cons

Poor benefit package and expensive. No upper management support. Salary below average for North Texas. No communication from MD to MD making job less effective for nurse. Waste valuable time trying to get info from other depts. including surgery.ER not cooperative with nursing units. short triage time but long wait time to see physician. Many days 12hr shift with no lunch break but must clock out for 30 min to make it look like you had a break

Advice to Management

Follow a RN for a week to get a better understanding of what the job really is. Not just reading job description. Be aware very few uninterrupted lunch breaks.

"RN"

Former Employee - Staff RN in Plano, TX

Pros

401 K matches $1 for dollar up to 3% initially, and then increases every 5 years. Short term disability policy is free and helpful if you have to have surgery.

Cons

They pay below average for the area. I received a huge raise after leaving my position there. Unfortunately, the management there is terrible which is the true problem. They manage by intimidation from the bottom on up straight to the CNO. They like to say they are a Magnet Facility, but in reality they don't treat their nurses that way. I worked there for over 10 years and in the end had to leave because I found them to be a very unethical organization that cares less about their patients than they do about their profits. Unfortunately HCA as a whole cares very little about their employees or longevity. They cut benefits and pay with very little notice or an apology. I can't recommend this hospital as an employer if you'd like to be treated well or prefer to work for an ethical organization that rewards nurses for advocating for their patients.

Advice to Management

Stop telling lies. I honestly don't know how you all sleep at night.

"It USED to be great"

Former Employee - Staff RN in Plano, TX

I worked at Medical Center of Plano full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good to gain experience, lots of different types of patients, good tuition reimbursement, some learning opportunities

Cons

Takes FOREVER to get decisions made (over a year to move a linen cart), administration makes lots of promises and fulfills very few, willing to write you up for small mistakes in favor of government initiatives instead of what's right for the individual patient- even tried to write me up for something I documented PRIOR to receiving education to document otherwise...... I've heard they've realky declined SEVERELYsince I've left, especially the 7th floor- favoring young nurses (who lack appropriate experience) for management.....

Advice to Management

Work on employee recognition, appreciation, and retention. Follow through on promises and if you are going to have peer interviews, actually listen to what the peers have to say.....

9. "Pretty good Medical Center"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Plano, TX

Pros

Good pay, lots of good people.

Cons

Always busy and strict schedules

"Very good experience"

Current Employee - Clinical in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Clinical in Plano, TX

Pros

Great staff, very knowledgeable, great cafeteria!

Cons

Sometimes short staffed, but still super effective care.

"Pretty good, love the culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Medical Center of Plano full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My favorite thing was the culture of the hospital. Kind of a family culture, and I enjoyed the relationships and interactions I had.

Cons

Sometimes the senior management didn't have an understanding of my position or my department and the functions there in. Particularly the person over my specific dept.

Advice to Management

Sit down with your department on a regular basis and actually learn the functions of the department instead of asking generic questions.