Medical City Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "RN/icu"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Medical City Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff. Great team work. Facility is very clean and all areas staff are friendly

Cons

Sometimes focus is on wrong problems. Management can be clueless at times. Mostly great place

Advice to Management

More recognition especially for night shift

"A little outdated, but a decent place to work (until you find something better)"

Current Freelancer - Register in Arlington, TX
    Current Freelancer - Register in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Medical City Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

Management does an excellent job with hiring and so the people I work with are great. Very professional, solid education and skills, and not much drama. The orientation was also very well put together. Staffing ratios (at least in my department) are comfortable. I feel I can give good patient care.

Cons

The computer system is from the 1970's, and is slow and cumbersome. The work is tough, and the pay isn't the best.
    But what irritates me the most is that we had to buy our own scrubs embroidered with the company logo, in a specific color, and only from 10 different style options (all Landau, Urbane, or Scrub Zone). I spent nearly $100 for two pairs of scrubs that don't fit well, and that I can't wear anywhere else. Not only this, but everyone has to comply except for the doctors, who get to wear whatever they want! Makes me resent working there.

Advice to Management

If you're going to require employees to wear uniforms with the company logo, then the COMPANY should pay for them. Also, Meditech is awful. It's 2017- give us a computer system from this century. It shouldn't take me 20 minutes to enter in an assessment.

3. "RN"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Medical City Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice 401K, Tuition Reimbursement Policy is good. Possible to move within the company if you move to a different part of the country.

Cons

Very cliquish. A lot of times you are passed over for a promotion not because you aren't qualified. But because certain people are friends with other and they block you. And applying within the same division has proved to be a disaster. They have a ability to blackball you.

Advice to Management

Listen to all employees, not just favorites.

4. "Phychiatric Technician Ii"

Current Employee - Phychiatric Technician in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Phychiatric Technician in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Medical City Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management, right down to the CO, local HR people. Great ongoing training and class-act people to work with!!!

Cons

I work nights, sometimes can be difficult and working with people that have such a big struggle like this can be hard to watch somet

Advice to Management

Pull all information in orientation all in one neat binder..Dont forget to give praise as well as correction.

5. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Irving, TX

I worked at Medical City Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The ability to work remotely was nice.
    Division office is in a nice location with several places to choose from for lunch when required to be in office.

Cons

Top leadership is clueless when it comes to knowing exactly what goes on in the recruiting team.
    Manager and Director come across as arrogant, cold and heartless. They are only interested in numbers
    Absolutely no consideration for work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Have a heart and don't be so callous. Actually listen to the concerns and suggestions of the employees that are down in the trenches and living it day to day. They are the ones that make you look good.

"Mediocrity at its best"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Medical City Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Knowing you are ultimately helping people get better is the best aspect of my job. Some peers are

Cons

A lot of mediocre management and most hide in their offices. Clubby male culture permeates the company. Women have to become like men to make it.

"A good hospital to slow down and retire."

Current Employee - Rrt in North Richland Hills, TX
    Current Employee - Rrt in North Richland Hills, TX

I have been working at Medical City Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One on one patient therapy, manageable treatment loads, great team work throughout the entire hospital staff, new equipment.

Cons

Being canceled a lot. The benefits are expensive to get and keep. The health insurance is a joke. Smaller hospital so experience will be limited (expected).

8. "IT&S"

I have been working at Medical City Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work load is easy and not hard to do as Healthcare IT is behind the times.

Cons

Old school IT promotion by Good old Boy system, on who you know. No communication between any of the teams, and some teams just point fingers instead of helping.

Advice to Management

Hire all new management team from the outside not Healthcare people, true IT management.