Medical Consultants Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Brian L. Grant

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Medical Consultants Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

These are some of the best people to work with and I'll miss them! Upper management such as HR, directors of ops, and the CEO are accessible and easy to talk to. There are no offices, except for HR, which creates an open floor plan and hierarchy. I greatly appreciated this during my time there.
    There's a lot of room to grow at the company and they love to promote from within or move people into different departments.
    There's a great team atmosphere in the office as well, even though it can be very stressful at times because it is a fast paced environment. They work hard on making it a fun place to work by holding office parties to celebrate holidays or breaking a new record.

Cons

Compensation is a big issue but upper management and HR are working on this problem. I also found that some teams felt undervalued in the work that they provided, such as the customer service reps compared to say the sales staff. The CSRs can get burnt out very quickly, which creates high turnover. The company is working really hard on this problem though!

Jun 21, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for the positive comments. We are working hard to sustain and extend the positive that you note, while also addressing some of your concerns.

2. "Physician Recruiter"

I worked at Medical Consultants Network full-time

Pros

Great view from Rainier Tower.

Cons

Cold blooded management. Stingy CEO. I was a high performer there, screamed through my work and felt like dirt every day. The pay was terrible and the health insurance was worse. I had to have a major surgery and it was barely covered.

Advice to Management

Value your employees.

Jul 24, 2017 – Human Resources

We are sorry that your MCN experience was negative. We as a company value our employees and work hard to demonstrate this in many ways. In addition, we work hard to pay competitively in our markets... More

3. "Great company to work for"

I worked at Medical Consultants Network full-time

Pros

A lot of opportunity to grow in the company

Cons

Pay should be increased more

May 20, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your comments. Especially the recognition that the company is a place to grow. We hire with an eye towards individuals who have the desire and capacity to take on new roles - and first... More

4. "Your personality may not be a fit"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Eugene, OR

I worked at Medical Consultants Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was a decent company to work for, I managed a small office in a small town. The duties for this position included managing daily paperwork, scheduling patients, and greeting doctors.

Cons

As time went on I found my philosophy, the reason I joined - to offer help to others in a difficult system- became clouded by doctor reports that favored the system, rarely helping the patient. This would be a job perfect for someone interested in learning about the complexities of a small niche factor of a medical business which shows there is little help to offer to patients.

Advice to Management

none

5. "Overall a good experience with room for improvements"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Medical Consultants Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

opportunities for advancement, good culture, friendly coworkers
    For me, it was a good place to begin my career. MCN promotes from within and offers strong employees new roles within the organization. I started at a low level position out of school and was promoted in a year.

Cons

difficult industry, pay/benefits, disconnect between offices and departments

Advice to Management

Take the time to listen to the employees and provide them with the tools that they need to succeed. There is a lot of room for improvement in some of the processes, but I felt that my input wasn't heard when there were issues. Ultimately, I left because I didn't feel like I was getting enough from the position and company. If you want to keep your good employees, offer them more in terms of raises and professional development or they will seek it elsewhere.

Feb 23, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

We appreciate your feedback and that you enjoyed our friendly and positive work environment, as MCN strives to create an encouraging and supportive culture. We will review and consider the... More

"Mixed feelings"

Former Employee - Market Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Market Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Medical Consultants Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great (especially in HR), the view in Seattle is nice, and the work/life balance is good. Loved my coworkers and made some great friends. It is a good job if you are fresh out of college and want to get your feet wet in a professional environment.

Cons

Compensation is below market average, goals are not well defined, and I felt like I was not developing a skill set while I was there (unless you consider browsing Reddit a skill).

Advice to Management

Reward success with better pay rather than a beer at the local brewery.

Nov 24, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review and comments. Thank you for acknowledging our positive work environment, which we work hard to achieve. We take pride in our great team members, and recognize success with... More

"Amazing culture"

Pros

Young fun workforce
    Smart fair management
    Meaningful work
    Stable company
    Strong IT backbone in a behind-the-times industry
    Integrity
    Great locations
    Solid work-life balance
    Erik Madrid

Cons

Nothing that bad sticks out, no company is perfect and this one can improve and grow just like anyone else
    Better sales commission structure or upside would be nice however bases are more than fair and industry norm - great salespeople are incentivized by big commissions not high bases.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard to continue bringing in talented and positive-minded people from outside the industry.
    Keep chipping away at Examworks !

Nov 11, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your positive observations. It feels great to see our collective efforts to create a meaningful and positive work environment and culture.

"Customer Service Rep-NY"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

Affordable health care and a decent amount of sick/personal/vacation days for an entry level position. Starting salary for customer service reps is competitive.

Cons

•All the issues that people were complaining about in earlier reviews are still occurring and have not been resolved. There is a heavy workload and additional duties are constantly added.

•You are not provided with the resources you need to be successful. The company agrees to terms with clients that are near impossible to meet with the doctors they have on their panel. You are asked to schedule an appointment for a client for $X. They cheapest Doctor they have on file charges X+$300. It's simply not possible in some cases. Your forced to schedule far from a patients home and then take the resulting verbal abuse from the client and patient.

•You're constantly told that the recruiting department is working on bringing in new doctors to fix the above referenced issue but no doctors are ever brought on.

•Anyone outside your immediate office is indifferent and unhelpful with a few exceptions. People from other offices constantly ask you to do trivial tasks that fall outside your job duties or handle issues that you are not trained to do.

•You're constantly redoing the work you did they day/week before. Company policy has you schedule appointments with people without first checking their availability. Obviously most people cannot attend and you are forced to rescedule the original appointment. There's little to no reprocussions if people don't attend their appoints so they don't go and you're forced to reschedule several more times if they don't attend. Effectively wasting everyone's time.

Advice to Management

•Upper management is completely out of touch. Immediate management was wonderful but upper management is clueless. You have offices full of over-worked and over-stressed people that struggle to finish their workloads on a daily basis and the CEO expects people to occasionally take an hour out of their day for book reviews or general meetings.

•When someone quits, replace them. Don't just push their duties on to already overwhelmed people.

•I brought my concerns about our customer service team being overwhelmed to management and was told, and I'm paraphrasing here, that the people that had our jobs before us were so over worked and stressed they quit. I'm still not sure how that was supposed to resolve the issue or put my concerns at ease but that was their response.

May 27, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that company benefits were of value to you. MCN strives to create a great working environment for all employees. We are always open to honest feedback... More

9. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Medical Consultants Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great starting point for anyone right out of school, whether undergrad or post-grad.
    People are great. Lots of opportunities to move laterally and occasionally upward within the company.

Cons

Starting salary for some of the entry-level positions is a common complaint.

"Eh"

Pros

good starting point and nice peo Le

Cons

Lack of movement low pay

Mar 25, 2016 – HR Manager

We are glad to hear that MCN was a good starting point in your career development! We like our people too. We continue to encourage growth and development for MCNers whether that be through their... More