Medical Doctor Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Medical Doctor Associates President Tim Fischer
Tim Fischer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The new President is doing great things to restore the morale and encourage a spirit of entrepreneurship (in 7 reviews)

• The new Leadership listens to ideas and suggestions and truly wants to make this a great place to work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No real cons, just rebounding to a positive atmosphere from a very adversarial and negative atmosphere several year prior (in 6 reviews)

• Company lost the morals with the new president (in 4 reviews)

1. "Account Manager Advanced Practice"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Medical Doctor Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best corporate training program I have experienced in my career, wonderful management who are sincere in helping their employees to grow both internally as a person and financially. This company is definitely more like a family and not even close to a cold, corporate environment. Simply work hard and you will be rewarded.

Cons

Anything negative is already being handled by management. I trust them completely to keep their word, as they are full of great integrity.

Advice to Management

With the office being a second home, would love the consideration in the future of massage therapy/chiropractor in house.

2. "Incredible recruiters!! Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Boston, MA

I have been working at Medical Doctor Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay; super- involved recruiters who help out every step of the way and are always there if you have questions, concerns, etc. Excellent placements.

Cons

Would be great if some paid time off was provided, but that is the only con I can think of!

Advice to Management

None - keep up the great job and let your know recruiters they are awesome!

3. "Staffing consultant"

I worked at Medical Doctor Associates full-time

Pros

Great Pay, nice trips, good database software, flexible, nice trips, great benefits, love straight commission pay

Cons

Management is horrible, they fire all the people who are top producers for seemingly nothing I don't get it. They are dropping in sales terribly because of the dedicated people who they just thought sadly they could replace. It used to be amazing place to work when Ken S. the prior owner was around everything went downhill stress is unbelievable and they changed their process to the way the unsuccessful companies do it which is just dumb they had it made and just messed it all up.

Advice to Management

Go back to basics find out the way Ken ran it and how the recruiters were one point of contact and put it back like it was and stop throwing away people that have years of experience and consistant top producers all the people that were really good they fire and they should try to get them back some of the managers have been demoted that is GOOD. It is rare to find such high performance people and they have been fired for really dumb reasons when their performance was always good and no complaints from clients!!!! Also, many were fired because they competed against their bosses and did better than them physicians wanted to work with certain reps and managers don't have time to get new docs and they keep getting mad and jealous if their doctor chooses another rep to work for they will get rid of the rep if it makes the lazy manager look bad for real!!!

"Recruiter"

I worked at Medical Doctor Associates (More than a year)

Pros

they are very flexible and understanding when an employee has a health problem or family issues.

Cons

Micromanagement since the new president came to the company, you are constantly pressured about jobs that need to be filled, pointless meetings that simply waste time. Preference to those employees that have worked there ages, so no room for growth. Lack of integrity from a lot of the senior employees.

Advice to Management

stop giving preference to your "friends"

"Leadership Makes the Difference"

I have been working at Medical Doctor Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

MDA changed leadership about a year or so ago & the improvements are astronomical. The morale has completely shifted, former disgruntled employees that have left are returning. The new leadership team expects performance from employees, but provide the tools and training necessary to achieve it. If you aren't successful here it's because you're not trying.

Cons

Commute is tough for me, but worth it.

"100% recommended"

I have been working at Medical Doctor Associates full-time

Pros

The culture and people, hands down. The President really has a good grip on everything and does an excellent job making sure the office has good-hearted people who get the job done. Hard work is actually rewarded in many different ways.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say. The environment is great and I don't dread walking in the door.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work- doing great.

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Berkeley Lake, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Berkeley Lake, GA

I have been working at Medical Doctor Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and plenty of opportunity to grow and make money

Cons

I really don't have any negatives. Its such a joy to come to work each day with such wonderful people.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

Aug 15, 2017 – CCH Team

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback on working at Medical Doctor Associates. We are thankful for the great team we work with each day and will continue to promote ways for... More

"Not Fair Company"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Medical Doctor Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Monthly catered lunches, flexible schedule

Cons

Fast turnover, will only be successful if you are favored, long ramp up, president is very insulting

Advice to Management

Stop showing favoritism, help those in need and give people a fair chance

Aug 15, 2017 – CCH Team

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience at Medical Doctor Associates. We strive to create a positive and fair working environment. We encourage you to reach out to your team leader to... More

"Keep Moving Forward!"

Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Medical Doctor Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My review will be a little different than most. I believe this company has come a long way since I started 4 years ago. We've survived changes in leadership, changes in operating systems, changes in the industry, changes everywhere. There were some who didn't make the cut. There were others who went on to greener pastures. But the rest of us hung on for dear life and we made sure that we kept moving forward. We took care of each other. We supported each other. We survived. This business is tough on a good day. MDA is full of people who are strong and resiliant. I have often said when I am in a room full of all my colleages that they are the reason I stay at MDA. We celebrate wins andweddings and children and new homes and graduations and retirements together. We grieve loss and other struggles together. It is not always easy but we do it together. I can honestly say I have never worked for a company of this size that has kept that kind of culture in my life. It's just not something seen at a large company very often. If I have to spend long hours away from my family, I want to do it here. It's not about the money for me. It's about the people I choose to spend my time away from home with.

Cons

This industry is tough. The competition is stiff. Not only externally but internally. We have a limited supply of physicians and an unlimited supply of positions. This would be a con no matter what locums company I was reviewing.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward. Know you are doing the right things. Know that when you stand by your word that it really shows us that you are listening. Thank you for keeping the MDA way.

Jul 18, 2017 – CCH Team

Thank you for providing your feedback on your experience at Medical Doctor Associates. We are thankful that you choose to continue to grow with us and exhibit such passion for what you do at MDA.

"GREAT people..Tough Industry"

I worked at Medical Doctor Associates full-time

Pros

Good culture. Management treats you like an adult (no one watching the parking lot for when you arrive/leave work/take breaks, etc. as long as you are getting the job done), pay and benefits are pretty good. Everyone in the office is very friendly and helpful. Upper management is in touch with the pulse of the office in most cases. They value their employees. Training program is great. The vast majority of the people here will be glad to help if you have an issue to address. The monthly company luncheons are a nice treat. They are not afraid to terminate top performers who are toxic to the culture or unfriendly to other employees. They expect mutual respect from everyone within the office, which I really thought was a major plus.

Cons

The competition in the industry is BRUTAL. You must constantly re-invent the wheel and overcome new objections daily to stay ahead. Your target market will constantly bring up what your competitors are doing better, whether true or not. Do not apply to the sales/recruiting team unless you love cold calling, as that is 80% of your job in that department. Your clients/candidates will treat you lower than a vulture in many of your communications with them. You are often "just another annoying salesman." You need to have thick skin in that role. Sometimes communications between the sales team and the recruiting department can be very poor, but I think they are working on that.

Advice to Management

Please don't ever loose that friendly culture in the office. A company with good ethics that takes care of their people is becoming a rarity more and more these days. Be careful to keep the "dog eat dog" mentality of the industry outside the office doors. Internal competition can be unhealthy if it is not applied correctly. Overall, good job!

Jul 18, 2017 – CCH Team

We appreciate your feedback on working at Medical Doctor Associates. Culture and a positive work environment are our top priorities - we thank you for also fostering those company ideals at MDA.