Medical Doctor Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 24, 2019

3.9
Karen Mote

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great training program and continued training to help new hires learn the ropes" (in 6 reviews)

• "Great people who have fun but work hard" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Company lost the morals with the new president" (in 4 reviews)

• "Little to no support staff means the sales staff also does much of their own admin work" (in 2 reviews)

"Haters will hate!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Medical Doctor Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people who have fun but work hard.
    Culture is excellent if you value positivity and little politics.
    Leaders who care.

Cons

It’s hard work.
    As you can see from some of these reviews, if you like trashing others you probably won’t like it here. Those people don’t last long.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Those of us that have seen where this company was in the past appreciate you.

"New President on the way"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Medical Doctor Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay and bonus structure nice people to work with

Cons

Favortism there is no good sales structure no new jobs to recruit on the account managers need to get out and meet with clients. The president is horrible thank god we are getting a new one.

Advice to Management

Please invest in your marketing for new business

"Good experience"

I worked at Medical Doctor Associates full-time

Pros

When I was there from 2006-2009 the company was still private and family oriented. It was also an "employee owned" company and you felt a real part of the business performance. It was a warm place even though there were a lot of "cliques."

Cons

There was no outward religious discrimination and you never felt pressured at all but the majority of the employees attended the same worship centers. Sometimes it felt a bit like you were in another group entirely if you weren't part of that.

Once the company was sold, the family atmosphere began to shrink.

4. "It's a tough market!"

I worked at Medical Doctor Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO and much of the management team really get it and know it's a tough job. They do their level best to keep everyone positive and moving in the right direction despite some institutionalized handicaps.

Cons

It's a tough job in a rough market that is saturated with pretenders and fools. Little to no support staff means the sales staff also does much of their own admin work.

Advice to Management

level the playing field within your own company. Start investing more than lip service to sales reps who show work ethic. Continue to inspect your expectations. you've come a long way, don't stop now!

5. "Interesting to say the least"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Lake, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Lake, GA

I have been working at Medical Doctor Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The sincerity of the employees

Cons

The few non sincere employees

Advice to Management

Show that You can make the calls & produce the business that your Metrics ask for.

"Amazing Place to work"

Current Employee - Department Manager in Peachtree Corners, GA
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Peachtree Corners, GA

I have been working at Medical Doctor Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful company to be part of.
    The opportunity to make good money is here if you are willing to work.

Cons

Our current President has been with us 2 years. he came in to a mess and it has taken a little while to turn things around. However, the changes he has made in the past two years have been encouraging.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.
    We are now on the right track.

"Best Place EVER! *Recruiter*"

Current Employee - Recruiting in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Recruiting in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Medical Doctor Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What isn't great about Medical Doctor Associates?! Don't get me wrong every work places will have its ups and downs, but I have to say it's all in how people take and handle it.
    At MDA you feel as if you are part of a family. I have never worked at a place that actually cared about their employees.
    At MDA I feel as if they care about your well being along with helping you grow as a person. If you don't like to be pushed to be a better you, for your managers or president to see what your potential is and push you to exceed that, then no this is not the place for you.
    This is a very hard job, but very rewarding in the end.
    I will have to say that I am BLESSED to have the job and coworkers that I do.
    I knew this was the place for me as soon as I walked in the doors.

Thanks MDA for making me a better me!

Cons

The management team is doing a great job at weaving the negativity out and keep this a pleasant place to work. NO COMPLAINTS!

Advice to Management

I believe that the management is the best and you will not find any management team as awesome as MDAs!

"Diversity finally on the leadership team!"

I worked at Medical Doctor Associates full-time

Pros

You get to learn a lot about sales, recruitment, and dealing with difficult people.

Cons

This was a very racist place to work back in the day. Not everyone was racist of course, however, enough were to make the work experience ugly.

When Obama was elected ten years ago, some staffing consultants were forwarding e-mail messages full of pictures of the president depicted as an ape to each other. Very racist pictures and they thought it was funny. Glad to see some diversity on the leadership team finally.

Advice to Management

Keep the leadership team diverse. Make it known that you won't tolerate e-mail forwards depicting black leaders as apes.

9. "ACCOUNT MANAGER *Love my Job*"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Medical Doctor Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Everyone is extremely nice, eager to help.
    - Great training program and continued training to help new hires learn the ropes.
    - The president of the company is the reason I took this role, he is to the point, will say it to your face whether you like it or not, but he is here for his staff and their well being. You always know where you stand with him. He is REAL!
    - Leadership is every inviting on how to learn about MDA as well as their to bounce questions off of.
    - Office environment is welcoming, able to bring my level of energy and it continuously asked to bring the A-Game to the floor.
    - Resources on PS and AP side to help you be successful at your job.

Cons

NONE** I can't think of one!

Advice to Management

Keep bringing new people on board that fit the vision you are wanting to bring to MDA and its employees. Great company culture! Keep it going!

"Stay away, like working in a morgue"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Norcross, GA

I worked at Medical Doctor Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free bagels IF metrics are attained

Cons

Almost impossible to make money for a new recruiter. High turnover, depressing atmosphere, morgue like, useless meetings, false hope by management, constantly being watched, many paranoid employees and nonstop negative chatter. I can keep going but I think you get the idea

Advice to Management

Change the commission structure and be more transparent