Medical Facilities of America Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Medical Facilities of America President and CEO William Fralin
William Fralin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good pay and benefits with many resources to support success (in 6 reviews)

• I've enjoyed working for MFA the past 27 years (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons working in this building (in 12 reviews)

• Difficult to maintain enough nursing staff (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Medical Facilities of America part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent Rehabilitation Program , Good pay.

Cons

Too many changes too frequently, you can't get acclimated.

Advice to Management

Be consistent.

2. "Past Administrator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Medical Facilities of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training program, Invest in buildings, Staff work hard for the residents and care for their patients.

Cons

My experience was that the organization was lead with intimidation. All decisions are based on the dollar... not on ethics. Staffing levels allowed were often to low for patient acuity.

Advice to Management

No advice to offer... Cons mentioned above in my opinion are ingrained in the culture of the organization from the top down.

3. "I think its a great place to work but the willingness to pay for services being rendered is absent."

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Medical Facilities of America full-time

Pros

The atmosphere is very friendly. You easily feel comfortable around the staff as well as the patient. Unfortunately that do not pay the bills. I wish they would increase their pay. The staff works very hard and does good work.

Cons

The pay and the under staffing is ridiculous. Some management dont want to do their part. But most are great!

4. "Disappointed"

Former Employee - Director of Admissions
    Former Employee - Director of Admissions

I worked at Medical Facilities of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great incentives if you can meet the targets.

Cons

No support, overworked, base salary is low. They will sell you a low base salary base on incentives you often will not meet. You are expected to work 24/7.

Advice to Management

Care about you employees instead of acting like you care.

5. "Hard work"

I worked at Medical Facilities of America full-time

Pros

Pay is with national average

Cons

When getting disciplined, gossip or a false accusation is the only deciding value.

Advice to Management

Really need to investigate allegations.

6. "Upgrade"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, NC

I worked at Medical Facilities of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Patients, some employees, patient family members

Cons

Cliques, lazy administrator who doesn't do anything, rude employees, people push their duties off on others because they're "too busy" aka - don't want to do their own job.

Advice to Management

Get a new administrator - current one isn't doing anything good for that company, neither is half the staff

Aug 14, 2017 – Director of Communications

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry you had a negative work experience with us. We will share your feedback with our leadership team. We wish you best of luck in your future endeavors.

7. "It USED to be a good place to work. We were like family."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at Medical Facilities of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They pay is good, better than I have found at any other job. That's about all I can think of.

Cons

Cliques. Rules only apply to certain people and if you are in the clique you can bend them or blatantly disregard them and get away with it. Blatant favoritism. Newer staff given more desirable positions even when in competition with seasoned, loyal staff that have had no reprimands or discipline, but rather exemplary yearly reviews. As a matter of fact, my own permanent assignment was taken from me and given to another person, who has been with the facility 5 years less than myself. Forcing me to take a less desirable, more demanding assignment on rehab. The reason I was given was that I was a stronger Nurse and was needed on the more demanding hallway. Why not train the "weaker" nurse to be stronger? So there you go-work hard, remain loyal, be a good employee and a good nurse so they can reward someone else.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Be fair. Address blatant favoritism. Be consistent. Stand by your word.

Aug 7, 2017 – Director of Communications

While we are very sorry you had a negative experience, and take all our reviews very seriously, we want to be sure you are talking about our business? We do not have any locations in or around the... More

8. "Disheartened"

I worked at Medical Facilities of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people. Incredible potential for residents to receive excellent care based on written policies. Modern facility for rehab where the investment and return are greatest for the company with some good outcomes.

Cons

Salaried employees expected to cover well over their hours when staffing is short. Inconsistent practices between MFA facilities regarding use of outside agency to cover staffing needs when truly needed. Major on minors and failed to address important issues concerning safe, consistent delivery of accepted standards of quality care.

Advice to Management

No point in giving any since they believe they know it all and routinely ignore the insights, requests and recommendations of those they hire to manage. Why would they listen to or change anything now?

Aug 7, 2017 – Director of Communications

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear you did not feel like you could share your concerns and are going to take this feedback to our leadership teams. We work hard to provide... More

9. "Speech Language Pathologist"

Former Employee - Virginia in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Virginia in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Medical Facilities of America full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. Rehab manager is fair and great to work for.

Cons

The pay rate is not competitive with other SLP healthcare jobs. It is more comparable to a school based SLP job. You might as well look for another job in healthcare or work in school system and have summers off bc the pay doesn't compare and very minimal raise.

Advice to Management

Upper management is in their own world and doesn't understand the demands that are placed on employees.

Aug 7, 2017 – Director of Communications

We are sorry to hear you did not feel our pay met your expectations. We work hard to provide competitive rates and will take a look at your feedback to better understand if an adjustment is needed... More

"CNA- Mecklenburg Health and Rehab"

Current Employee - CNA
    Current Employee - CNA

I have been working at Medical Facilities of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working here and I love to see my residents with a smile on there face for the great job we are doing as a CNA. The entire staff is good when it comes to communication and always lending a helping hand.

Cons

We need more people to apply so they can come a part of our team.