Found 5 of over 329 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Healthcare
Got a burning question about Medical Facilities of America? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Medical Facilities of America employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor management of staff by DON and Administrator." (in 12 reviews)
- "I worked there for six months and they never completed my training." (in 5 reviews)
- "Inappropriate staffing ratios that based care on numbers, not acuity; keeping residents in house when they needed to be evaluated in a hospital setting to receive appropriate care; removing new staff (nurses and CNA's) from orientation status too quickly to cover staffing problems; accepting inappropriate admissions because of low census; upper management that are more concerned with redecorating the facility than in much needed equipment." (in 4 reviews)
- "Blatant favoritism." (in 4 reviews)
- "Sometimes the work load is heavier than normal due to being short staffed, but the employees pull together to get the job done." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Medical Facilities of America and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "short staffed"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Aug 11, 2016Licensed Practical Nurse Charge NurseFormer Employee
Skilled care, so you exercise the gamete of nursing skills. Benefits and salary are mediocre and not worth the amount of work/liability.
Managements does not hold nurses accountable for breaking the law, not providing patient care, or breaking company rules. There is NO team work, nursing relief are ditzy, clique, constantly late, full of attitude and HUGE HIPAA violators, Extremely high turnover (no one seems to know company protocol including long time employees), all employees disparage this company daily, write ups for not completing 15 mandatory company assigned CE credits every month, extremely long hours because too many tasks/patients/redundant paperwork/ and mandated CE & mandatory modules are required in a day, cases that are too advanced to handle when constantly short staffed. I felt like my license was in jeopardy daily due to the work load and other nurses short cuts (daily malpractice and negligence) .1Medical Facilities of America Response7y
Thank you for this feedback. We are very sorry to hear of your negative experience. We take the concerns that you mentioned very seriously and will share them with our leadership team.
- 1.0Jul 25, 2021Certified Nursing Assistant CNACurrent Employee, more than 1 yearVirginia Beach, VA
the opportunity for lots of hours to work every day
the management, median pay, building upkeep is lacking, always short staffed,