KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Healthcare

9h

a

Counselor

Just started a new job as an LMHC 7 weeks ago. It’s fee for service. Was told during the interview I’d have a full caseload always and have more stable clients. However, I’ve been getting at least 1 no show/cancel per day and found out that I don’t get paid for it unless the client pays. Now with these no show / late cancels, I have less clients and no new intakes are being put in my schedule even though I’ve alerted the intake dept several times. Is it bad I want to leave already?

5 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "%100 commission job mean just that; if you dont make sales you dont make any money for the day; some days working for free; they invested in 'expanding' into a new floor which was a mistake; spent too much money on a facade that the company is growing when it really wasnt ; there was no marketing dollars for months in 2019 ; there is a certain favoritism ; top reps who are the chosen ones when times are tough they get all the leads and calls ; we call them 'the order takers', skill(in 5 reviews)
  • "Long hours, repetitive, fast(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Medical Guardian and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Exceeding expectations!

Jan 27, 2022 - Life Safety Consultant/Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

A culture that is unprecedented. Products and services that are unmatched in our industry. Complete training and coaching to be successful as a sales rep. 100% complete transparency on expectations and goals. Opportunity to do very well monetarily.

Cons

None to report; so far so good.

Medical Guardian Response

Vice President of HR

WOW! We are thrilled to read this. Welcome to MG!

2. 5.0

Great place to work!

May 9, 2022 - Life Safety Consultant/Sales in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

for being remote, you feel very engaged with coworkers/managers/and heads of the company, the communication is great between team members. Managers are very encouraging an truly help you to be better and perform better and uplift you every step of the way. The earning potential is also great and you get what you put in!

Cons

Not too many cons. Benefits are pretty good but could be a little better. It is hard work but very rewarding both personally and financially.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee

Salary

May 25, 2022 - Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The workflow is the same everyday.

Cons

Felt like management was constantly looking for ways to take away from the commission structure rather than reward us for our success. And there is certainly an ICR (Intelligent Call Routing system) Which allows management to dictate who gets what calls and who does not.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to be a part of.

May 9, 2022 - Inside Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

We get to help people and possibly save their life!

Cons

Can not say anything negative about MG... A great company with a positive mission.

5. 5.0

Great Training

Apr 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

great training remote helpful staff

Cons

i dont really have any cons

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Believe the hype!

Apr 22, 2022 - Senior Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture. Opportunity. Family. When I made the decision to join the Medical Guardian team I was looking for a place to call home. I wanted to work somewhere that I could feel good about the work I was doing, have a sense of purpose, help others and be proud of the company I work for. Medical Guardian is IT! You read a lot about companies touting their culture and focus on employee satisfaction and engagement but Medical Guardian is the real deal. Every employee has a voice. Not only are you able to speak your mind and offer feedback but it's strongly encouraged! Medical Guardian believes in driving positive change by soliciting feedback from all employees from entry level to the top. If you work hard, have a passion for what you do, have a strong team mentality, a drive to always be your best and help the company be its best, the sky is the limit to what you can accomplish. With continued growth of the company comes continued opportunity for upward mobility. Leadership strongly believes in rewarding hard work, with dedication to recognition, promotion from within and appreciation events. I've never worked for a company that so strongly stays true to their core values and am so proud to be a part of this amazing team of talented, caring, forward- thinking and supportive professionals!

Cons

Everything is very fast paced working in an environment that's all about innovation and continued improvement and some may find that challenging. You must be willing to commit to achieving (or surpassing) goals - every single person in this organization plays a key role in the company's success.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!!

Apr 18, 2022 - Retention Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture and leadership is phenomenal here! This is a company that really cares about it's employees. They have provided excellent training and continued support throughout my time here. I started working in the office, but even working from home, the care and camaraderie of my team has not diminished. We enjoy working here. It's a welcoming and fun atmosphere. But mostly it is rewarding because we get save lives, everyday with the #1 company in this industry!

Cons

Due to the pandemic we now work from home. When in the office I was met with smiles of my coworkers each day. We now communicate via company chats. Other than that, I have no cons.

8. 5.0

Great Culture

Apr 13, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is like nothing I have ever experienced before, very supportive and engaging. I absolutely LOVE what I do, and the day just flies by! An incredible opportunity to make great money. Highly recommend!!!

Cons

No cons at this time

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

A decade of greatness!

Apr 13, 2022 - Training Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've had many jobs and nothing even comes close to the working environment at Medical Guardian. Medical Guardian values its employees and is dedicated to providing the best service to our customers. Lots of companies like to boast about their culture but it's truly the wind in the sails at MG. The leadership team at MG is honestly the best I've ever had the pleasure to work with and for. MG gives back to the community, its employees, and its customers. I would always recommend MG to anyone who wants to be a part of a company that has such a positive impact every day.

Cons

The need to stay competitive and offer the best device means we have to move fast, sometimes too fast. MG has gone through some growing pains over the last few years but we've worked super hard to streamline processes and make sure there is transparency from the top to the bottom.

10. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great communication within the employees and management. The work environment is very positive and everyone is willing to help one another out. The CEO really cares about the culture of medical guardian. This place is a true definition of a team! I can't wait to see what the future brings.

Cons

nothing to report, so far so good!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 405 Reviews

Medical Guardian Reviews FAQs

Medical Guardian has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 415 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Medical Guardian to a friend and 88% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Medical Guardian employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Medical Guardian. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

90% of Medical Guardian employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Medical Guardian 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Medical Guardian to be senior leadership, management, career development and the cons to be work life balance, compensation, benefits.

Popular Careers with Medical Guardian Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Medical Guardian? Share Your Experiences

Medical Guardian Careers

Cover image for Medical Guardian

Now that you know a little bit more about what we do, why not join the best team in the industry? Our top-rated service has been...More

• Why Us ?

209 days ago

Company News
Shared image

591 days ago

Medical Guardian is thrilled to welcome our new Customer Care Training Class who joined Medical Guardian today! This class contains individuals from the Philadelphia area in addition to the West Coast. All employees begin training today and will be able to assist our Medical Guardian customers in no time. Interested in becoming a Customer Care representative? Apply at our career page!

Medical Guardian Photos

+ Add Photo
Medical Guardian photo of: CEO Geoff Gross & MG Leadership team visit Medscope, a company recently acquired by Medical Guardian."
Medical Guardian photo of: CEO Geoff Gross and the MG Leaders meet to idea share and brainstorm for the year ahead!
Medical Guardian photo of: Our Customer Care Team Celebrates Winning the Global Stevie Award!
Medical Guardian photo of: 2018 Holiday Party!
Medical Guardian photo of: Some of our marketing team members at our 2018 Holiday Party!
Medical Guardian photo of: Founder & CEO Geoff Gross accepting 2019 Ernst & Young "Entrepreneur of the Year" Award
Medical Guardian photo of: MG goes to the Phillies Game! June, 2019