Medical Reimbursements of America Reviews | Glassdoor

Bob Rolfe

"Low Salary pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Medical Reimbursements of America (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedules, bonuses every month. Decent benefits

Cons

Lower than average pay compared to other companies in this estinguished area

Advice to Management

maybe think about more competitive pay, comparable to other companies in the area

"Reports Specialist"

Former Employee - Reports Specialist in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Reports Specialist in Franklin, TN

I worked at Medical Reimbursements of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The peers that you work with that aren't trying to stab you in the back to get in good with the boss. The benefits were good if you were grandfathered in for vacation time at 4 weeks. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

The management does not value employees. Constant turn over of management and shuffling management to areas where they have no expertise. Not appreciative of those they use own time to maintain department while also doing the work in another department so they aren't behind. No room for growth or promotions. Management has been known to play favorites "if" they like you. Gave out secret raises after telling all employees no annual raise will be offered.

Advice to Management

Listen to your seasoned employees. They keep that company open.

"Don't work here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Medical Reimbursements of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Starting salary is usually pretty good for an entry level position

Cons

This company deceives you from the beginning, promising competitive pay, annual raises, over time opportunities, bonuses etc... That may be true on paper, but that is not the case in reality. Of my 2+ years there, the first six months were enjoyable. Every week there seems so be a new policy or procedure change, making it impossible to master your work, therefore, making it impossible to master work, therefore, making it impossible to get the proposed bonus you constantly hear upper management raving about. It is all a scam to get employees to work harder without any pay out. If that's not bad enough, while I was there I saw multiple employees that had been at the company for 5+ year get terminated without probable cause. It was obvious that upper management was trying to weed out people that were grandfathered in to higher salaries, and more benefits to make room for new employees that they could pay less and offer less perks. Make a mistake here and they fire you, excel here and they fire you. Upper management are a few close nit people who may seem like they have your best interests at heart but they are full of corporate greed, corruption and lies. Please don't waste your time.

"Decent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Pros

Some of the management is very friendly and helpful, for a long time it was very laid back and fun atmosphere. Made a lot of friends at the job. Job itself is not too hard.

Cons

Shorthanded, need to hire more workers. When people quit, hire other to take their place. Leaving too much work for the current employees creates stress for no reason. Also, nearly impossible to get a raise or move up in the company.

Advice to Management

If you have good employees that care, treat them well. Listen to the work staff about complaints about bad supervisors so you will stop losing good workers.

"Biller"

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

Stressful, don't know if you will have a job from one day to the other. A lot of clicks. Mandatory OT. Backstabbing gossipers (mgmt too.) Wishy-washy mgmt. No one knows what they are doing, it's all trial and error. The computer system sucks. No one cares or listens. The CEO thinks he is above everyone. Everything is a secret.

Advice to Management

Listen, which will never happen because the person at the top is a stubborn hard head. Can't believe this company hasn't crumbled,

"Worst Leadership in Healthcare Period"

Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Cool Springs, TN
    Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Cool Springs, TN

I have been working at Medical Reimbursements of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people work here, great location.

Cons

To many to list. Terrible leadership, CEO is terrible, Operations leadership is non-existent, no vision.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone who can take it to the next level because you obviously can't. HCA will find out sooner or later and a lot of people will be looking for jobs.

"MRA"

Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Nashville, TN

I worked at Medical Reimbursements of America (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some great people to work with. Decent salary. Those who are grandfathered in have four weeks vacation but not new hires. tgry also offer flex scheduling which is great.

Cons

They do not promote a good environment for growth and do not give good incentives for moving up in company. They have fired many supervisor/management in the last 3 years so people are afraid to risk moving into a supervisor or management position. you also have to "drink the cool aid" in management roles because honest feedback is not encouraged. The company began with a very employee focused joyful and fun atmosphere and has become so extremely corporate that it's no longer unique.

Advice to Management

Do more company events that bring everyone together. Give salary increases when employees take on more responsibility. Also give economic inflation salary increases.

"This Company does not value their employees"

Former Employee - Claims Representative, Patient Contact in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Claims Representative, Patient Contact in Franklin, TN

I worked at Medical Reimbursements of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Able to eat whatever you want at your desk. Nice facility, and office area. Tech team is exceptional and will fix problems promptly.

Cons

Mandatory overtime. Low pay. When hired they will tell you there is opportunity for advancement. By advancement they mean $1.00 more an hour in new department. They do not value College degrees, certainly not mine. You are never allowed to be sick in the first year you work there if you have already used your 5 days of "floating time". Never allowed to call out. If you get 1 write up they will tell you not to worry, or if you have a coaching session (not a review) they will say it's not big deal. It is. They value their contracts more than their employees.

Advice to Management

Stop switching around Managers. I was there for 18 months and had 3 different Managers. Not one person in my department enjoyed that, I do not know why the CEO felt it was a good thing to "shake things up" it just made things more difficult for the reps, caused confusion, each manager had different expectations, they say they are transparent, they simply are not. I was told one thing by one manager and another by the next. There is hardly any communication with the staff, short meetings where people say next to nothing is not transparency. My Team Leader also struggled with this. Understand The Freedom of Medical Leave Act (FMLA) I was told I had to use my vacation time to be with my newborn child. By the time I knew my legal rights it was to late. I will never get that time back. My Manger may not have known, however as a Manager it is your responsibility to know. This was not okay with me, but in good faith I kept my head down and just kept working. I had never received one complaint in my over 300 conversations a week, for a year and a half. I was ultimately terminated by someone who I never worked directly with for a poor phone call I conducted with a frustrated patient. There was no profanity or raising of my voice, at all. Management used this call and passed coaching opportunities, which I applied to my work and succeeded in those areas, as passed "infractions". I hadn't had a bad performance review in over a year, in fact there was constant progression. Still I was terminated. The company valued their contract with the hospital, more than their employee. The MRA cares committee should be called the candy and treats committee because MRA really only cares about their contracts, not their employees. I'd like to think the founder of this company would be upset with those values.

10. "Good place to grow & learn..."

I worked at Medical Reimbursements of America full-time

Pros

Understanding team of professionals, willing to help you grow as an employee and person.
    Fun atmosphere to work in.
    Good group of people, willing to work the mundane.
    Time off was easy to take.

Cons

Communication was lacking on all levels of management.
    Workloads weren't scaled very well.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees needs. Outfit them with whatever they need to continue to contribute to the company mission statement.

11. "Enter healthcare and learn a lot."

Former Employee - Claims Specialist
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist

I worked at Medical Reimbursements of America full-time

Pros

Training was always a focus due to the complexity of the work. Supervisors and managers actually do care.

Cons

Uncertain future, but the company will be around for a while.