Medical Services of America Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
Ronnie L. Young

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Working with patients and families" (in 4 reviews)

• "The individual locations are full of good people who love what they do" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "No raises for the last 4 years and "do more with less" per one if the owners during a yearly meeting" (in 6 reviews)

• "Disconnect between home health & hospice; though, AE's represent/ promote both" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Om"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC

I worked at Medical Services of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The bosses were awesome and patients were great.

Cons

Corporate closed the branch I worked in.

2. "Stay Away!! Not a Nice Place to Work"

I worked at Medical Services of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co workers in the field were nice

Cons

If you like to be treated like a Dog, then this is the place for you !! Your expected to work and be accountable but no one else in your department has too. These people are a snake in the grass waiting on their next meal. STAY AWAY!!!! Horrible Place to Work!!

Advice to Management

Think about the employees making you look good and give back to them. The owners need to think about the employees working 40 plus hours a week to keep the company going.

3. "Nursing manager"

Current Employee - Nurse Manager in Sparta, NC
    Current Employee - Nurse Manager in Sparta, NC

I have been working at Medical Services of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth and learning. Pay for performance atmosphere. Received annual raises but had to advocate for myself. Benefits are good not great.

Cons

Lack of corporate structure and direction. Local team is great. I sometimes travel to help other areas: Local teams build their success making big differences in quality region to region.

Advice to Management

Hire a new hospice consultant

4. "Ugh"

Former Employee - Sales in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Sales in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Medical Services of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The medical benefits are ok, but not the best; decent 401K; you can manage your own schedule; vacation time is cumulative, but can not roll over more than a certain amount, dependent on your tenure.

Cons

Petty home health and hospice regional administrator with lack of knowledge; she creates too much drama; needs to stop manipulating staff; self serving; corporate us enamored with her, but doesn’t realize her ideas come from other managers, who are not receiving credit. All of the accumulated vacation time should be able to roll over, if not used.

Advice to Management

Place people that are qualified in positions, not just a warm body. The agency continues to suffer with constant transition in management; new managers in positions without significant training; lack of staff; lack of accountability or dedication

5. "AE"

I have been working at Medical Services of America full-time

Pros

Great Independene ad ability to build contacts in community. Decent base pay

Cons

Company is not consistent. Always closing and reopening locations. Have to wait 6 months for commission on 3 month period. Unorganized and lacking equipment. They dint follow Through with equipment they offer. Drive your own car a lot and low mileage reimbursement.

Advice to Management

Provide employees with a better system to track and document infotainment on each account.

6. "RN"

I worked at Medical Services of America full-time

Pros

Working with patients. Being able to help patients through teaching.

Cons

Avoid this company. Extremely low pay, poor orientation, poor communication, minimal resources/work supplies and poor benefits.

Advice to Management

High turnover is related to the Cons I’ve listed above. Flying by the seat of your pants is not considered a business plan.
    It’s obvious you don’t care about your employees or patients as there isn’t any continuity of care.

7. "Office Manager"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Panama City Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Panama City Beach, FL

I worked at Medical Services of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company, Home Health Care is going through some changes, it’s very challenging. I hope the company can survive and thrive.

Cons

The branch I worked for was slated to close less than 90 days after I started working with the company.

Advice to Management

Nothing really to add, although it was short term employment, I believe the management staff involved was supportive.

8. "Patient Representative"

I worked at Medical Services of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meeting patients, and their families. Meeting and working with referral sources.

Cons

Not enough clinical staff for all areas. Especially nursing

Advice to Management

Get to personally know your employees and their areas

9. "Great place to learn and get started but not to stay..."

I have been working at Medical Services of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is great, laid back. Presents opportunities to learn and get real world experience on different aspects of IT.

Cons

Company underpays IT department. The salaries are not competitive or even average. Many people have left because the pay is so easily topped by other companies.

Advice to Management

Look up the current salaries for IT and be competitive, provide incentive for people to want to stay.

10. "Good Experience Mediocre Compensation"

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

Pros

Working with people with a calling to care for people, making connections in the community, making a real difference in a person's life, not a lot of intrusion by corporate.

Cons

Little to no training, do not reward excellence.