Medical Services of America Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
Ronnie L. Young

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The individual locations are full of good people who love what they do (in 6 reviews)

• Excellent family oriented company with good benefits (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for the last 4 years and "do more with less" per one if the owners during a yearly meeting (in 6 reviews)

• My supervisors had no respect for work life balance (in 3 reviews)

1. "acdcount executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Rockledge, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Rockledge, FL

I have been working at Medical Services of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy helping patients and enriching their lives.

Cons

It is hard to see some patients with such distress.

"Love the people, corporate is frustrating."

Current Employee - Office Manager in Bluefield, WV
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Bluefield, WV

I have been working at Medical Services of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is an easy company to work for. The benefits are ok. Not great, but not horrible. The individual locations are full of good people who love what they do.

Cons

The wages are not great. They value the clinical staff over non-clinical staff. Corporate doesn't know or care about the individuals that work for them. They only look at the numbers. I never feel appreciated or valued.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your people. You make them feel like less than a number.

3. "Great company to learn the side of medical equipment."

Current Employee - Intake Coordinator in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Intake Coordinator in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Medical Services of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn more about insurance and billing, how to put equipment together. You are more behind the scenes with talking to patients, instead of speaking with them face to face.

Cons

Pay is average. They require you to do more for less pay. Also, they inform you of changes last minute. You're out of the loop a lot.

Advice to Management

Inform employees of new changes, that way we aren't surprised when something happens.

4. "Good company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Greenville, SC

I worked at Medical Services of America (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small and not a big business compared with other hospice and home health agencies. Overall a good place with good people

Cons

Low pay and company doesn't want to invest in employees over time. Putting value in their employees would reduce turnover

Advice to Management

Value your employees and listen to them and their concerns. Also a raise may be appropriate for someone who has provided good service to the company

5. "Run away, far far away!"

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Medical Services of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Caring, compassionate field staff. Nurses very hard workers. Office staff other than management is wonderful. Benefits are okay. Setting your own schedule.

Cons

So many. Chief nurses in office are horrible. They talk about staff behind their backs. They have no management qualities. They will do anything to make themselves look good to corporate. They cuss and threaten staff and or not held accountable for their actions.

Advice to Management

Hire all new nursing management, ones with successful management backgrounds.

6. "MSA"

Current Employee - PC Technician in Lexington, SC
    Current Employee - PC Technician in Lexington, SC

I have been working at Medical Services of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have some great coworkers

Cons

They dont pay all that much

"Claims collector"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC

I worked at Medical Services of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None that I can think of. Management does not care about their employees.. it's easier to hire a bunch of temporary people then give raises to long term employees.

Cons

Terrible company to work for if you weren't in the In Crowd

Advice to Management

I would suggest since the owners children are running the company that they need college degrees

"RN Hospice case manager"

I worked at Medical Services of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Supportive staff, team work, wonderful DON

Cons

Long hours, no growth potential, no raises or incentives

"Sales Professionals- Beware!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Medical Services of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are several hard working and dedicated clinicians who are passionate about what they do. However, most have been terminated or resigned due to poor leadership and low census.

Cons

The interview process was a slow one. It took more than a month before the offer letter was sent regarding my position. Leadership lacks the following: background in the HH industry, education and skills to lead a sales team. Incompetent! Lacks the ability to communicate effectively with the sales team. Unable to speak or communicate with proper grammar. Embarrassing to introduce to accounts. Very sneaky and manipulative. Creates drama and thrives on it. AE are set up for failure, no training, guidance, direction or support. AE/sales is a turn and burn atmosphere every 4-6 months. It's a revolving door in Florida.There have been more than five or more AE terminated during the 4 short months of my employment. A direct reflection of the MSA leadership. The AE position at MSA is a temporary one 4-6 months at best. MSA does not have a presence in the community and is referred to as a start up company, with a star rating of 3 it's impossible to gain hospital business. MSA does but value or invest in their employees. If you're a medical sales professional this position will become a stain on your resume. Don't waste your time.

Advice to Management

Sales leadership is the weakest link in the MSA(sales) organization. During my employment, Leadership failed to organize team meetings, conference calls, ride alongs, etc. It was only after numerous e-mails for help and support did I receive a follow up but failed to offer any guidance. This role requires a dynamic person to motivate, inspire, coach, mentor and lead by example. leadership at MSA is non existent. Perhaps MSA will do their due diligence next time when selecting qualified candidates for leadership roles.

"Satisfied"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at Medical Services of America part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Trustworthy staff. Competitive pay. Not micromanaged.

Cons

Too much turnover with office/corporate staff.