Medicus Healthcare Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Joe Matarese

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This is somewhere where hard work truly pays off (in 10 reviews)

• In a time of extraordinary growth, Medicus is a great company to work for (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • It is truly a sales environment-hard work is rewarded but mediocrity is not tolerated (in 7 reviews)

• Work life balance is nonexistent (in 4 reviews)

1. "Medicus Family"

I worked at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time

Pros

The Medicus team is so inviting and eager to train new members and welcome them into their family. I had an amazing experience with the company and made many life-long friends.

Cons

The company holds many team events for their employees which were always a great way to get to know one another, but I feel that the money spent on these events might be more appreciated if it was instead used to increase the employees' salaries.

Advice to Management

Money spent on parties and outings may be better used to increase pay for employees.

"Experience at Medicus"

Current Employee - Sales Support in Windham, NH
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Windham, NH

I have been working at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture initiatives are extremely important to the organization. There are different activities offered like the Book Club, New Mother's Support Groups, monthly Medicus Mingles events, Medicus Fit and wellness initiatives, Medicus Cares volunteer initiatives, group gatherings and more. People are rewarded for the hard work that they put in. There are many opportunities for growth for those who are looking to develop as an employee especially with programs like LevelUp and MedU. I left a very comfortable role to come here and I'm so glad that I decided to make the move.

Cons

It's a sales company. There are goals to be met. It is not meant for everyone. People in sales support roles have goals and targets to hit as well. It's fast-paced, high energy, and everyone is constantly trying to hit an overall goal. This can add stress to people's day to day life. The Talent Acquisition team is very honest and up front about this from the initial interview. There will be nights when you can leave at 5, but you'll still need to take calls or deal with a situation after that, or on the weekend. It's part of the job, but again, these details are explained in the interview process.

Advice to Management

Keep up with culture initiatives and stay in tune with employee feedback. Meetings with our president are awesome, and we love to be able to provide feedback during these meetings.

"Recruiter"

I have been working at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time

Pros

The Culture. The People. The Environment. I was skeptical and nervous about transitioning to Medicus however, was met with open arms. The people here are realistic and care about everyone's success. The culture is all about paying for performance which means you have control of your results. And finally the people all care and reach out often to lend a helping hand. I left a comfortable leadership position in higher education to become an individual contributor and so far have been extremely pleased with the decision. There is so much opportunity to grow here. Looking forward to long term success here.

Cons

The transition of the systems, language, and business was challenging to understand for the first 4 weeks but as time goes on it starts to click. This is not for everyone. You have to have a no excuses mentality, apply your best effort, and stay optimistic. Pay attention until attention pays you.

Advice to Management

Stay positive and keep pouring into the emerging leaders. This company will grow and there will be mistakes however, keep the culture that we all love.

4. "Prospecting Employee Beware"

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Windham, NH
    Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Windham, NH

I worked at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some amazing and under appreciated people work there.
    Health insurance is offered a the time of hire.

Cons

They sell you on culture and meritocracy, but fail to inform you that this is a "fight or flight" position. Lack of training at the time of hire was the first red flag. Culture and collaboration decreased significantly, which is why the company moved to the bottom of the NH- top places to work list. Upward/lateral mobility is non-existent and internal job candidates are not considered properly. Your value to the company is based on the money you bring in, not the quality/strengths of the individual. Hiring younger professionals to increase the culture, when in reality, they hire them at an hourly rate to work 10-12 hours/day. Tends to be a very clique driven environment.

Advice to Management

Clean house in order to change the culture. The managers are in place to support and drive collaboration. If they are unwilling to do for the sake of their departments sales numbers, then how will this issue ever change? Long term company goals are not met when all departments are operating separately.

5. "Not a good place to grow"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice buildings
    gym
    friendly coworkers
    Base pay is reasonable

Cons

Poor management
    Work life balance is nonexistent
    no opportunity or flexibility to work remote
    PTO time is minimal
    Commissions are not structured to retain employees
    Company culture has diminished greatly

Advice to Management

Medicus is a fast growing company, but does not pay commissions for growth and talent. Most of the managers that are there are stale and have “grown” with the company. They do not actually know how to manage, but have been fortunate to be at the right place at the right time. company constantly was looking for feedback on how to improve but doesn’t take advice that is given to them: better commissions for performance, more pto time, and remote opportunities. I took a similar job that offered what Medicus is missing, and ppl are much happier and still work very hard in their roles.
    look at the management pool, they do not have the respect from their employees, and therefore cannot make decisions that carry weight and follow through. I was in a department that was very top heavy and ppl were afraid to say things because the evaluations were never anonymous..they were separated by roles so the managers knew who was giving the feedback at the end of the day.
    Hiring from within should Be considered..job postings are typically not advertised or you don’t find out about them until someone from the outside is hired...bad for culture.

6. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Windham, NH
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Windham, NH

I worked at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fresh fruit delivery in the summer
    Monthly luncheons

Cons

Extremely high turnover (3/4 people hired typically quit or get fired, bad leadership, very cliquey and fake. Typical sales environment. Shoves their culture down your throat in a “drink the koolaid” way! No work life balance, bad place for a new mother to work, no flexibility. High stress environment.

Advice to Management

Focus more on career advancement and be fair to employees. Day to day operations take precedent over employees happiness and actual lives which isn’t the culture they preach. Fix your highly convoluted commissions plans that no one (even finance) can explain. Stop hiring cheap out of school kids to intimidate them, pay them less than a livable wage while giving them half the commision. Also, make sure the managers can explain the commision plan.

7. "Not a good place to grow"

I worked at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Low pay, bad commission structure, no focus on career development

8. "Wonderful Environment to Grow"

Current Employee - Sales in Windham, NH
    Current Employee - Sales in Windham, NH

I have been working at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company really values its people and the work they do. I always feel appreciated by my manager and team which really makes coming to work and enjoying what I do easy.

There are also monthly award celebrations for all employees that is run by senior/upper management.

Training for new hires is very comprehensive and helpful.

Work life balance is great. Even though you know on some occasions things may happen outside of work, the office as a whole is great about taking time away from their desks for lunch and leaving at the end of the day without feeling guilty.

Culture is amazing! Everyone is so nice and welcoming. Company/department outings and events are common and enjoyable.

Cons

It's a big company so sometimes you feel like you don't get to know people, but they try.

The training can feel long, but honestly it ends up being beneficial.

Wish there was better maternity/paternity leave; been told it's being worked on.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you're doing. It's great to see a company where executives talk and listen to their workers at all levels.

9. "Great Culture, but not for the faint of heart"

I have been working at Medicus Healthcare Solutions full-time

Pros

Great culture, generous bonuses (if you work hard), stable company, great benefits, company outings, discounts at local businesses (ie restaurants, salons, gyms, etc) onsite gym with classes.

Cons

It's a staffing agency setting, so the work can be demanding, especially in the bigger departments. While it can be very rewarding, you must love what you do as well as be able to prioritize and move quickly and accurately. Hospitals operate 24 7, 365 days a year. Need to accept that weekend work and after hours will happen. There are several management layers you need to adhere to in larger departments, which can be challenging when making a decision. The agency world can be (mostly) unpredictable -- need to have a calm demeanor and not allow change to rock you uncontrollably.

Advice to Management

Less meetings per week to allow for more time. Expand smaller groups in each department (IE sales, account managers, PSCs) to allow for better support and management of work loads.

"Best Place I Have Ever Worked!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Windham, NH
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Windham, NH

Pros

The reality is, this company is too good to be true! They are amazing with their employees and everyone feels like they are part of a larger goal and family. From leadership to janitorial staff, this facility is all about building one another up and developing careers. My favorite thing is the executive team still helps to develop the new sales and recruiting teams. You will always pass one of the founders in the hall and they will always greet you with a smile and ask how you are.

This is by far the best company I have worked for.

Cons

It can be extremely intimidating at first. There are high expectations for success but they are not expecting you to take them on alone.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!